Papillon

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Papillon

I like Papillon
100%
I don't like Papillon
No votes

Total votes: 22

Crapulinski

Re: Papillon

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 02:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

After the shuttle dropped us off at the Amstel Station post-cop-raid, we decided to walk straight over to Katsu to refresh our inventories. Papillon was on the way so we stopped in just to check it out, and ended up having a great time. The men's bathroom was spotless, interior kind of tasteful, coffee good, the locals incredibly friendly (they wanted their pictures taken while wearing our judges passes) and the selection "different".

We ended up getting five grams of Thai (their "dirt weed") for 19.50 euro. Smoking it reminded me of high school in the 70s- south of the border (colum, mex, alcapul, etc.) taste, and pleasant social light sativa high. Taking it up to Katsu and trying it in the vaporizer/verdamper revealed a sweet taste not far off from Dr. Grinspoon, but lacking the complexity.

I'll be moving to a hotel near here for a couple of nights on Friday, and am glad this place will be nearby. When I asked the budtender if I should tell anybody how nice his place is, or kept a secret, he replied, "explode it!".
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

EasilySuede wrote:After the shuttle dropped us off at the Amstel Station post-cop-raid, we decided to walk straight over to Katsu to refresh our inventories. Papillon was on the way so we stopped in just to check it out, and ended up having a great time. The men's bathroom was spotless, interior kind of tasteful, coffee good, the locals incredibly friendly (they wanted their pictures taken while wearing our judges passes) and the selection "different".

We ended up getting five grams of Thai (their "dirt weed") for 19.50 euro. Smoking it reminded me of high school in the 70s- south of the border (colum, mex, alcapul, etc.) taste, and pleasant social light sativa high. Taking it up to Katsu and trying it in the vaporizer/verdamper revealed a sweet taste not far off from Dr. Grinspoon, but lacking the complexity.

I'll be moving to a hotel near here for a couple of nights on Friday, and am glad this place will be nearby. When I asked the budtender if I should tell anybody how nice his place is, or kept a secret, he replied, "explode it!".
Cool. Good to know Papillon is a nice place as it's only about 2 blocks from my hotel. 20 more days - I'm getting psyched!
Charsee

Post by Charsee »

I am after some nice Moroccan hash, not hard pressed, with a spicy flavour & head-warming rush. would the papi-special suit my needs ? Has anyone sampled the Himalaya power ? Is it Indian or Nepalese material ?
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

Charsee, the stuff you need is at Anyday, Reserva X at 14E a grm.Excellent Morrocan, just slightly pressed, turns dark and sticky when hand heated.Excellent strong piney smell and taste, very smooth on the lungs and v. nice "head warming rush"!!

Tweede kamer has also excellent Morroccan hash (Rifman's) although names and quality is not consistent, you'll have to check them 1 by 1, but deffo worth a visit.

Other CS may have excellent Morrocan, but the Reserva X was my best Maroc purchase in mid december.

++
Colino

Post by Colino »

alpen rock wrote:Charsee, the stuff you need is at Anyday, Reserva X at 14E a grm.
++
Or the cream special from basjoe for 13E/g.It's a back indian hash, so soft and spicy. best indian hash in amsterdam in my opinion and by far 1of the best hashish in the city
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

that sounds good Colino!!

On my next list!!
I always return frm the Dam with a few regrets like most of us I assume.

I should have gone to Bluebird, Katsu (was closed due to a police raid in nov. 2009), and Basjoe etc....

So much to smoke, so lil time....
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

First time ever I have not purchased here, dam shame but hey maybe next time.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

First time ever here last week. Friendly and cool chap behind the counter recommended their Golden Cream(9€/g) as their Gardella was sold out. Also had some Blue Cheese(10€/g). Both fine smokes. Had a good time here, on the other hand a bit too dark for my taste but comfy sofas.
Colino

Post by Colino »

First time for me here, nice clean shop. Came here at the end of the crawl with Gapie and Big Bang Bones. Bought 1g of Gardela which was nice for 11e, maybe not as 1eHulp version but still very good
Keroppi

Post by Keroppi »

Bought 5g Golden Cream, and 3g Papi special, both were very good, with the Golden cream having a heavier buzz and sweeter taste. The papi special was also very good for the price (7,5E/g).
The only thing I didn't like is that they don't make discount no more on 5g purchases, but it's true that they have already low prices if comparing with Centrum.
Colino

Post by Colino »

Keroppi wrote:Bought 5g Golden Cream, and 3g Papi special, both were very good, with the Golden cream having a heavier buzz and sweeter taste. The papi special was also very good for the price (7,5E/g).
The only thing I didn't like is that they don't make discount no more on 5g purchases, but it's true that they have already low prices if comparing with Centrum.
Shame they don't do anymore discounts, was maybe the best coffeeshop for good deal on hash. thanks for the tip
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Wow that is a shame about the discount but wont stop me going here. Smoking a little golden cream now :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Had a very strange experience here on Sunday. Went in and asked for a g of Nepal, was told there was none and did I want the Papi-special, a couple of grams of it? I asked what it was, told it was polm, very nice, and I wanted two g, right? No, I didn't, and I didn't appreciate the hard sell of something I wasn't looking for either. Getting black hash has been more miss than hit this time, in some places, but that should just mean that you smile and go elsewhere. I usually did, but with not so much of a smile on this occasion.