Pax 2 vs Pax 3 ?

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Kenshiro

Pax 2 vs Pax 3 ?

Post by Kenshiro »

Interested in buying a Pax vaporizer but the newer Pax3 has just been realised...I wanted to know what the main difference between the two are and if it's worth the price difference or just go with the Pax 2?

Kenshiro

Re: Pax 2 vs Pax 3 ?

Post by Kenshiro »

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Yeah depends on budget, if you don't have any than Pax 3 may be worth it.

Personally I think if roughly $70 (usd not gbp) isn't too much difference go for the 3, battery life, and level of intelligent interaction make it a worth notch above the 2 imo.

Ultimately it comes down to flexibility of your budget. But my opinion is to just bite the bullet and spring for a 3.

Loving my pax 3 so far!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 27th Mar 2017 08:24 pm Yeah depends on budget, if you don't have any than Pax 3 may be worth it.

Personally I think if roughly $70 (usd not gbp) isn't too much difference go for the 3, battery life, and level of intelligent interaction make it a worth notch above the 2 imo.

Ultimately it comes down to flexibility of your budget. But my opinion is to just bite the bullet and spring for a 3.

Loving my pax 3 so far!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!
Thanks! Yeah it obviously has more accessories, quicker heat up time and temp control so plenty of plus points.

I might just wait a while..my vape is only two months old and doing well, changeable batteries is the plus point on my Storm vaporizer (I didn't want to fork out for the Airizer Air as my first vape either)
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

I've tried a friend's portable vaporizer this week and I have to say I am absolutely fascinated.

After some research I fell in love with the Pax vaporizers, but I still don't know if I should pick the Pax 2 or the Pax 3.

The biggest differences seem to be the longer battery life and the app for the newer model, as DLN already mentioned. Also, I am not quite sure whether you can set your own temperature with the Pax 2. I also like that the Pax 3 has a chamber adapter half the size it usually has, but then I read that I could also get that for the Pax 2.

I'm someone who would use it once or twice a week, probably no concentrates, but if the Pax 3's ability to work with concentrates also includes rosin I might give that a go.

So would you say that I, using it only a couple of times a week, should go for the Pax 2 or rather invest into the newer model?

Does the taste of the herbs transfer to the vapor well? My friend's vaporizer had a little plastic taste to it which I found alarming. I think it was a model from Davinci.

And does anyone know if the Azarius shop in Amsterdam has them in store?
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Sun 11th Jun 2017 09:03 pm I've tried a friend's portable vaporizer this week and I have to say I am absolutely fascinated.

After some research I fell in love with the Pax vaporizers, but I still don't know if I should pick the Pax 2 or the Pax 3.

The biggest differences seem to be the longer battery life and the app for the newer model, as DLN already mentioned. Also, I am not quite sure whether you can set your own temperature with the Pax 2. I also like that the Pax 3 has a chamber adapter half the size it usually has, but then I read that I could also get that for the Pax 2.

I'm someone who would use it once or twice a week, probably no concentrates, but if the Pax 3's ability to work with concentrates also includes rosin I might give that a go.

So would you say that I, using it only a couple of times a week, should go for the Pax 2 or rather invest into the newer model?

Does the taste of the herbs transfer to the vapor well? My friend's vaporizer had a little plastic taste to it which I found alarming. I think it was a model from Davinci.

And does anyone know if the Azarius shop in Amsterdam has them in store?
I went with the Pax 3 in the end and I am really enjoying it...in terms of what you should buy- firstly the concentrate chamber isnt available to buy separately but the half oven lid is along with some other 3rd party (New Vape) packer/pusher options and vented lids to improve airflow.
Considering you think you will only use twice a week, the price drop on the Pax 2 makes it the sensible and obvious choice.

However if you are after more customization- app and temp control options along with longer battery life and concentrate capability splash out the extra on the Pax 3

I find the taste transfers pretty well once you get the right combination of herb, oven pack and draw technique...but I always find plenty of terps dancing on my tongue from using it!

Like a lot of vapes the taste will turn toasty the longer the session goes but on the 2 lowest temp settings I always get great flavour.

Edit: you cant set your own temp setting/profile on the Pax 2 just the preset ones via the button on the unit

Hope that helps!
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Thank you very much!
sNc wrote: Sun 11th Jun 2017 09:14 pm
Considering you think you will only use twice a week, the price drop on the Pax 2 makes it the sensible and obvious choice.
That is true as 70€ is a steep drop.
sNc wrote: Sun 11th Jun 2017 09:14 pm
You cant set your own temp setting/profile on the Pax 2 just the preset ones via the button on the unit
But that might actually be a decisive factor as I would like to experiment with the temperature. This is also why I wouldn't get e.g. a Flowermate that has no customized temperature setting. We'll see. :D
Weed-o

Post by Weed-o »

Yes, it's true that you cant set your own temp setting/profile on the Pax 2, but it has 4 different temperature presets, which is enough to please the average vape enthusiast. A part from the app and faster heating time, the two are the same: same vapor quality, same materials used, etc.
If you look at Vaposhop (azarius sister shop) you'll find the refurbished version of the Pax 2 @ € 149,00, which is a great price IMO. I've bought a refurbished Plenty from them and works wonders. One of the best decision I've made. Whatever vape you choose, enjoy your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy your vape (I've never combusted since I bought my first vape and I've just ordered my 6th unit 8) )
Oh, and if you're worried about plastic taste, stay away from Flowermate (worst buy ever IMO).
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Thank you for the trip!
I guess I'll make my final decision once I'm back in Amsterdam. :D
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Wed 21st Jun 2017 10:13 pm Thank you for the trip!
I guess I'll make my final decision once I'm back in Amsterdam. :D
Order from pax's site, or make sure it's an authorized vendor, very important to make sure you're getting the medical grade and not cheap potentially toxic substitutes on a knockoff, furthermore and just as importantly so that your 10 year warranty will be applicable.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

On the website of Azarius they say 10 years warranty. So I guess that should also be the case for their Amsterdam store.