Dr Grinspoon

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Minxtus

Dr Grinspoon

Post by Minxtus »

ACD Page: Dr Grinspoon

Real dr grinspoon / quaze haze , in the dam ?

Hi guys,

Im hitting the dam next month and really wanted to try the dr grinspoon.
I know barnies still have it on there menu but is it the real deal with the tiny buds?
I've read more recent reviews saying it's not the same.
Would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if there is any decent examples around town.

Or any other old school 100% true sativas that maybe worth a try?

OneHighMofo

Re: Real dr grinspoon / quaze haze , in the dam ?

Post by OneHighMofo »

It's always the real deal yes - Barneys aren't the only shop that carries it.
However - I have never once seen a tray of Grinspoon that didn't look like the saddest bag of scraggle I've ever seen.
I've never once seen those signature round nugs that the breeders pictures show. Never.
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2017 12:37 pm It's always the real deal yes - Barneys aren't the only shop that carries it.
However - I have never once seen a tray of Grinspoon that didn't look like the saddest bag of scraggle I've ever seen.
I've never once seen those signature round nugs that the breeders pictures show. Never.
Hit that on head always looks like stringy ,looks like plant three weeks in bud,full caylics.
Smoked some 18week in flower haze.in Christiania ,looked like Greenspoon .my god it was good :D
Don,t remember name or what I did for next couple hours :D
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

I couldn't see any difference of effect between Dr. Grinspoon from Barney's that I was paying 18 euros for and what Kadinsky Super Silver Haze (100% sativa) that I was paying far less for three years ago when I was in the dam, but I would opt for the SSH from Kadinsky for a much cheaper price. Barney's is overpriced these days in my opinion (as if I would be expressing someone elses opinon) although their G13 Haze ten years ago, a Cannabis Cup winner,was fucking fantastic from a cerebral point of view. Looks like Kadinsky still has the super silver haze. I recommend giving that a go. If it's not to your liking, you can always try Dr Grinspoon from Barneys or elsewhere.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Kadinsky ... insky.html
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Amnesia should also carry Dr. Grinspoon.
Minxtus wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2017 09:44 am Any other old school 100% true sativas that maybe worth a try?
Again Amnesia, I can recommend Acapulco Gold from there. A gem I haven't found before my latest trip last year.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2017 08:45 pm Amnesia should also carry Dr. Grinspoon.
Minxtus wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2017 09:44 am Any other old school 100% true sativas that maybe worth a try?
Again Amnesia, I can recommend Acapulco Gold from there. A gem I haven't found before my latest trip last year.
:D :mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

saw some where in the forum that they laughed at the budtenders
suggestion that drGrinspoons stems should also be smoked.
here's why you do...

stems, bud leaflets, "buds", etc. all get trichome coverage on these weird strains.
this isn't actually grinspoon, but a johnny blaze (nevilles haze x blueberry sativa) F2
expression i got a couple of years ago, that grows very much like it.
smelled and vape-tasted like balsa wood. clear-headed "portal opening" sativa high.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

EasilySuede wrote: Tue 1st May 2018 03:07 pm saw some where in the forum that they laughed at the budtenders
here's why you do...
stems, bud leaflets, "buds", etc. all get trichome coverage on these weird strains.
this isn't actually grinspoon, but a johnny blaze (nevilles haze x blueberry sativa) F2
smelled and vape-tasted like balsa wood. clear-headed "portal opening" sativa high.
With all due respect: fuck that noise.
I ain't smoking no stems - regardless how many trichomes someone perceives are on there. Have you ever tried it? It's as harsh as harsh can be. Why would I do that? God forbid I should ever be that desperate that I'd put my throat and lungs through that punishment.

I won't spoilt Kenshiro's travelogue by telling the story here. But there's no frigging way I'm smoking stems just because they have a few trichs on. Every strain I've ever seen growing (one or two) forms trichs on fan leaves and stems - I ain't smoking those either.
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 1st May 2018 05:19 pm
EasilySuede wrote: Tue 1st May 2018 03:07 pm saw some where in the forum that they laughed at the budtenders
here's why you do...
With all due respect: fuck that noise.
I ain't smoking no stems - regardless how many trichomes someone perceives are on there. Have you ever tried it? It's as harsh as harsh can be. Why would I do that? God forbid I should ever be that desperate that I'd put my throat and lungs through that punishment.

I won't spoilt Kenshiro's travelogue by telling the story here. But there's no frigging way I'm smoking stems just because they have a few trichs on. Every strain I've ever seen growing (one or two) forms trichs on fan leaves and stems - I ain't smoking those either.
cheers OHMF. i wish i didn't know what smoking stems was like, lol. in high school, mid-70's, all we were getting was mexican brickweed. and by the time it made it to our poor rural backwater (east coast) there wasn't much weed left. only brick dust.
back then it was all about the leaf, and i think the wisdom then was, if someone found something that looked like a bud, "better toss it cuz that's where the seeds will be". 8)

you do raise a good point tho', and i should have included this comment: if there's a strain in mokum that's best appreciated via a vape, grinspoon would be a contender- not only due to the improved taste, but also to evaporate those trichs where ever they are on the plant- leaf, stem, etc. without kicking off nasty-tasting combustion. and that's the perspective i come from- a vaping one.

folks are going to encounter strains in mokum that they haven't at home, and all i want to do is help them get the best out of what they may not be used to- including exotic sativas, which are something to try if they've never been "high" before, only stoned.

this looks like a decent example of grinspoon.
if one's used to the dense buds of cheese, for example,
the look of this can be a tough row to hoe.
pure sativas are light and airy, not dense, and judged differently than indicas,
and indica-leaning hybrids. sativa enthusiasts know. (bunch of us over at icmag-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326079 )
but if a budtender tries to hand you some Grin that's twiggier
with even fewer "buds", then it's a badly packaged example of
the strain that should probably be avoided.

plenty of smoke reports out there via a google search. here's a one from
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=126241

I decided to write a report on Dr. Grinspoon from Barneys as it really stood out amongst everything else. It is a reputed 100% sativa with very stickly thin tiny balls of lime green. The high was crisp, motivating and very strong, from the first toke you can feel it creep up behind your eyebrows where it stayed for a good 2 hours, the smoke itself was light and easy to inhale, the tolerance did not creep in at all with Dr. Grinspoon, it put you away consistently each time and it made everyone i was with feel good about themselves, cleaning up your head if that makes any sense which made you focus your energy more on a plan even if that was just walking down to the shop to buy a can of drink. I can't put the smell into words, but it was earthy and green with a hint of floral perfume, not smelly at all compared with others. The price was outrageous at 17e per gram but it was worth it. Anyone know anything more about this expensive plant?
Last edited by EasilySuede on Wed 2nd May 2018 05:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

To be fair that does look like a nice bag. I've never tried it.. I'd be worried it would be a little too racy for me. I may give it a go next time though.
Devore

Post by Devore »

I had some on the Sunday of the 420 weekend. It was way too strong for a lightweight like me but I did enjoy the high and it seemed to last for quite some time.
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

I have no idea if the Dr Grinspoon that I got from Katsu lately is the real deal - but I thought it looked as it should look, and main thing: it worked nicely too! Really trippy - and that's what I was after. :D

1,2g for 20... Not cheap, but fortunately I need so little, and had so much fun for nearly 5 hours with less than 1/10 as always, rather 1/20 I would say because I was being careful this first time. Means, less than 1,50€ for a really nice afternoon for me that made my day :) Guess I'm lucky.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Lord Average

Post by Lord Average »

I had some of the real Grinspoon about 8 years ago and was very disappointed in it.
Not worth the money.
Live your life be free
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Sun 26th Mar 2017 08:45 pm
really ? the acapulco is good again ?
9years ago it was SICK , like the sweetest strongest haze everrrr
but i only got to enjoy it on 2 occasions till it went to shite

seen it 3 times afterwards , but then it was always some dried out flavourless skunkyhaze
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
bearbong

Post by bearbong »

About 1 year ago I got some dr grinspoon from Amnesia. Looked legit to me and had very earthy taste/smell also the effects were amazing never smoked a strain like this before.

I will be going to amsterdam next week again and will try to get some more of it.