What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
TwoCanucks

What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Post by TwoCanucks »

Do we have one? Tried searching but after a bit I got high.

Anyhow, there's a lot of separate topics through the years, but nothing i could find like the "What are you smoking now" mega thread.

Just starting to really get away from smoking, been vaping half the time for a few years now. With the law change in our country, access to cannabis infused food, drinks, oils, dists, etc is so much easier.

One of the biggest issues i have is the actual strain used. dont really see a lot of info on this on most stuff. Is there a strain that stands out for edibles?

My first experien;ce with edibles was in AMS back in 6-7 years ago. Luvtick's caramels -- which she has turned into a the lovely Cannabears Cannamels --
were really nice and relaxing. Since then i've had gummies, cookies, etc etc etc of "small label" brands. Hit and miss on impact highs and whatnot. Now there are many bigger producers with full product lines, offering pretty much exact dosing and caloric/content breakdown.

So far, my fav recent purchase are double dose dark chocolate butter cups from Sweet Mary Jane's and holy shyte they taste great. Normally find there is a cannabis undertone flavor to almost everything i've tried, but not these.

In AMS, got a really nice body knockout from Basjoe cake back in the day. Paradox cake was also good. there have been others in Dam, but memories are fading.

Also, wondering how CBD-THC content in some stuff can be THC 250mg-CBD 250mg is produced.

What's your fav? Any stories to share? good or bad. THC or CBD?

Peace. and eat on :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS - sorry if there is a thread on this already, like i said i'm a stoner :)

Amsterdam dreaming.............
notsofasteddie

Re: What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Post by notsofasteddie »

Kermit wrote: Thu 4th Jan 2018 10:29 pm New addition of Blueberry cookies, nice but I have decided I just am not a cookies fan, no matter what cookies I try it just don’t do it for me :?
New batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies based on Sage & Sour OG here. Unlike Kermit, the cookies do the job for me! Must be the raisins! :mrgreen:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Got to say Luvtiks caramels (fudge to me) are pretty amazing and not forgetting award winning goodness :wink: :mrgreen:

Got some 1inch brownie squares topped with shatter infused chocolate, they started off as full slices but a bit strong :shock: :lol: so chopped them into a manageable size. Syrup and ice cream, lights out :lol: :mrgreen:
I am miles away from any cooking expert as you can get but they do the job for me :)
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

had a 200mg cup cake on Sunday and spent most of the day on the couch in a half sleep half comatose half wrecked situation. the next day i had half a dose (100mg) and was super charged, weird.
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Medicated sugar.zero zero hash as the medication.cakes.coffees ect.nice hit from a loaded teaspoon full
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

TwoCanucks wrote: Sun 7th Jan 2018 03:38 pm Also, wondering how CBD-THC content in some stuff can be THC 250mg-CBD 250mg is produced.
A lot of producers are adding in CBD from extraneous sources to achive a 1:1 ratio.

Currently drinking my edibles in both Sugar Syrup and grain Alcohol tincture form - oh and also working my way through a batch of canna-caps. So they're more swallow-ables I guess :)
kushy

Post by kushy »

Rosin Lozenges, (try saying that when you're baked on one!)

https://youtu.be/059ZsVUl-3A

Made from a 0.8g of rosin, squished from a 2g of Stones Cafe - super polm.
At 5e p/g that works out at less than a euro per lozenge.
Nice medicated, strong background buzz, whilst still able to operate.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

So frustrating. I have a very fast metabolism, work out 4-5 week, and eat good for the most part. yet, whenever i have an edible it's consistantly a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour wait to kick in. it's been that way with pretty much every edible.. some of my friends who defo are not active and runnning good disgestive system are getting cranked off the same edibles in 1/2 the time. we're all about the same tolerance level so im stumped. guess it's just me but i dont know
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

TwoCanucks wrote: Thu 15th Feb 2018 01:49 pm So frustrating. I have a very fast metabolism, work out 4-5 week, and eat good for the most part. yet, whenever i have an edible it's consistantly a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour wait to kick in. it's been that way with pretty much every edible.. some of my friends who defo are not active and runnning good disgestive system are getting cranked off the same edibles in 1/2 the time. we're all about the same tolerance level so im stumped. guess it's just me but i dont know
What sort of body fat percentage are you at? The leaner you are the quicker it can kick in IME, but of course we are all different in the way our systems process edibles. It may just be your system set up..just because you have a fast metabolism doesnt necessarily mean your liver etc will create the metabolite 11-Hydroxy-THC quickly per se..especially on that first pass through process.

Also the timing of eating the edible- are you doing it on a full or empty stomach/ before or after food etc.(not trying to teach you to suck eggs but just curious to know and help out)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Perhaps try drinkables too Two Canucks - I find the onset almost immediate with Syrup with the peak coming at around 1:30 - 2:00 hrs
macky

Post by macky »

TwoCanucks wrote: Thu 15th Feb 2018 01:49 pm So frustrating. I have a very fast metabolism, work out 4-5 week, and eat good for the most part. yet, whenever i have an edible it's consistantly a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour wait to kick in. it's been that way with pretty much every edible.. some of my friends who defo are not active and runnning good disgestive system are getting cranked off the same edibles in 1/2 the time. we're all about the same tolerance level so im stumped. guess it's just me but i dont know
PM and I will send you pound of butter ,made from bud :D
I find more sugar in edible make it work faster ,where oatmeal cookies it takes more time.
Have started taking half cup butter add two cups iceing sugar a little milk and whip in to nice frosting .
Use on anything sweet cookies ,cake works fast .
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

@sNc Those are very good points, i didnt realize that body plays a factor. I used to weight 375lbs, and after much hard work I'm down to 225 lbs on a 6'2" frame. Still a higher than ideal BMI for my body, and i have the ol' spare tire that's taking forever to burn away. last time i had it done with ultrasound my BMI was at 29, it's going to be lower now. Considering i was severely obese and close to 50 a few years ago.

@mofo good suggestion, i have tried them before without much success, but that could quality of product.

@Macky far too generous, but i will defo PM you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

@twocanucks
Thats some good work, keep at it!
As macky pointed out something with a higher sugar content may work - insulin/GI can play a huge role in speeding it up or slowing it down and again depending how sensitive or not you are etc.
Personally Ive always been quite sensitive to edibles but ever since shedding excess body fat they start to hit in me 20 mins every time now.
Good luck and have fun experimenting!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

stroopwafels and Syrup, melt into the weekend. 8)
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Cant remember if i posted this or not... but i had my best edible experience last week. it was the best ive ever had. Peanutty buddy 200 mg of THC distilate.

started with the giggles after about 60 mins maybe less. such an amazing body relaxation not felt before off a smokeable. some of the best sleep ive had as well. high lasted about 8 hours.