What is good in AMS at the moment?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
LLMReb

What is good in AMS at the moment?

Post by LLMReb »

Arriving in AMS in ONE week!!! So excited. I’m on the search for some classic strains, but will sprinkle in more current wares here and there. Any suggestions from some of you locals?

Would like to find a high quality Amnesia Haze, AK-47, Orange Bud, Sour Diesel, SSH, and I’m open to suggestions as to the shops that carry a quality version of Thai and Jamaican.

Thanks in advance!

Willjay

Re: What is good in AMS at the moment?

Post by Willjay »

Have fun my friend :mrgreen: hope your successful on your quest 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Willjay wrote: Sun 24th Jun 2018 02:17 pm Have fun my friend :mrgreen: hope your successful on your quest 8)
Knowing you Willjay, I fully expected to click this message to read, "I suggest all of the weed in AMS!" Ha, or something along those lines.

I cannot wait to get that first Coffeeshop distinctive smell of coffee blended with good smelling cloud of smoke. 7 more days.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

LLMReb wrote: Mon 25th Jun 2018 05:38 pm
Willjay wrote: Sun 24th Jun 2018 02:17 pm Have fun my friend :mrgreen: hope your successful on your quest 8)
Knowing you Willjay, I fully expected to click this message to read, "I suggest all of the weed in AMS!" Ha, or something along those lines.

I cannot wait to get that first Coffeeshop distinctive smell of coffee blended with good smelling cloud of smoke. 7 more days.
With all my trips to, and my love for the city of Amsterdam and the coffeeshops, it has always been the tolerance and openness that has been the reason more so than the weed :lol: besides we all know the best weed comes from someone’s basement/ closet not a coffeeshop :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Hey dude,

Here are a few ideas.

Amnesia Haze
: Boerejongers, New Times
AK-47: I don't know any location that sells a good one in Amsterdam, not recently (I didn't really look for it on the other hand)
Orange Bud: Easy Times does it pretty cheap (34 or 36€/5g) and the flavour was there but the effect was pretty weak to be honest. I only purchased it once. It's really hard to find CS that always deliver on the classic strains, quality highly varies from batch to batch everywhere imo.
SSH: Boerejongers/De Kade/Tweede Kamer etc but it looks like they don't have it (xcept in De Kade) as we speak, only Super Lemon Haze though.
Sour Diesel : 1e Hulp does the hash version and it's quite good! (11€/gr). Sour Casey at Voyagers is quite good atm and 1e hulp has some Sour Kush (weed) also atm.

Thai/Jamaican: I really don't know but I've always though that the one from Greenhouse Effect looked decent but I've never purchased it.

A few good things I had recently: Super Orange Glue at Het Ballonetje, Fromage blue and Sour Casey from Voyagers. Somango from the Stud. And lastly, Mako Haze from Trefpunt :)

I hope this helps :)
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I like a bit of Amnesia and Ssh but could not find any decent example over 420, old Utopia had ssh but was always scrag left when I went in. Good luck, be interesting to see what you find.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Hope you find what you're after. I rarely search for particular strains, particularly with weed, finding it best to go with what seems attractive at the time, what with batches changing so fast. Besides, you're in the land of legally labelled weed, but no hash. In your shoes (sorry for nicking them) I'd be getting my weed at home and exploring the colourful world of Amsterdam hash. And if you're looking for that, I'd second Nootram's recommendation of Sour Diesel Hash from 1e Hulp, and add SSH Hash at Bagheera (special anniversary edition, 7.50€ a g, 2g minimum) and the bargain Amnesia Hash from Central, very good at the moment.

But I seem to remember you asked for hash recommendations last time, and you aren't doing so now, because you've tried lots of it and decided you prefer weed. Whatever you get up to, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Thanks FoD. My list is more for scavenger hunt thrills. I may not find good examples of those strains, but it gives me something to do. Wife and I usually come up with a scavenger hunt item in a foreign city. One year, for example, it was colored pencils, another year it was stuff for the baby, and one year I recall wanting a 17th century delft tile so that I could use it to tamp out my combusted weed from my pipe. This year - old school strains. If I can find half of my list, and from that 1/2, find another 1/2 that is worth the purchase, I'll be pretty happy. Plus, it gives me something to do.

As for hash, I have that list down pat! Thanks to you and Willjay exposing me to it a couple years ago, I enjoy hash very much. Thanks to Marok for some private message suggestions. Also, thanks to CC for raving about the Royal Massawa and Diamond at Millenium. I also must provide a shout out to Incognito for that invaluable walk through 2 years ago in that thread where I asked all sorts of questions about hash.

So for this trip, I am going 3 days, then going somewhere else, and returning for 3 more days.

On my first leg of the trip, I'm going to focus on saliva bud and Moroccan hash. I really want to get to Massawa and Millenium.

On my second leg, I'm reversing it and focusing on indica bud and Sativa-esque hash. This search is where you (and others) may be able to provide super valuable insight! I'll check out Bluebird and Baba. I'd love to get ahold of some good Temple Ball and/or Manali Cream. Also, the Boer-chain block hashes that use new school strains, like in your suggestion a SSH Hash, maybe a Lemon Haze Hash, or something else that is good at the moment. I'm a little discouraged b/c one trip report after another conveys frustration that the Nepalese and Northern India hashes are hard to find and when you do, not great examples. I'm definitely open to suggestions for this part of the scavenger hunt!