Hill Street Blues

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Hill Street Blues

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
27%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
67%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
7%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 15

TwoCanucks

Hill Street Blues

Post by TwoCanucks »

ACD Page: Hill Street Blues

(Historical thread about the coffeeshop here)

Had a couple jupilers in here, alcohol makes this place look like a shit hole..cannabis smoke is the only cure.

Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kingdoc

Re: Hill Street Blues

Post by Kingdoc »

PhatPaulie wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:Ah well at least its still a smokers bar!
I find it annoying you are forced down the back to smoke but at 3 euro a pint between 7 and 9pm I won't complain too much :wink: Some guy who works there was a little worse for wear with his mates sitting at the table by the front window last Friday night and was openly smoking weed. He was eventually asked to put it out and I got a little insight from the girl working behind the bar how the smoking laws work in the pubs.

This place hasn't changed much over the years which is probably a good thing and if you fancy getting drunk on the cheap in the center of Amsterdam I don't know a better or cheaper place to do it than here..

Ah only at the back then! ps riks bar does 3 euros a pint also!, Ps I found there weed rather average down the years!
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Kingdoc wrote:
PhatPaulie wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:Ah well at least its still a smokers bar!
I find it annoying you are forced down the back to smoke but at 3 euro a pint between 7 and 9pm I won't complain too much :wink: Some guy who works there was a little worse for wear with his mates sitting at the table by the front window last Friday night and was openly smoking weed. He was eventually asked to put it out and I got a little insight from the girl working behind the bar how the smoking laws work in the pubs.

This place hasn't changed much over the years which is probably a good thing and if you fancy getting drunk on the cheap in the center of Amsterdam I don't know a better or cheaper place to do it than here..

Ah only at the back then! ps riks bar does 3 euros a pint also!, Ps I found there weed rather average down the years!
Cheers for the heads up on the 3 euro pint. Think the one and only time I was in there was on my first visit back in 2001. Must take a wander in next weekend.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Would have liked to experience this place when it was a coffeeshop, but it's still a nice place to smoke your own, check out the graffitti, and contribute your own with a Sharpie :wink:
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Smokeybee21 wrote:Would have liked to experience this place when it was a coffeeshop, but it's still a nice place to smoke your own, check out the graffitti, and contribute your own with a Sharpie :wink:
Ah mate! it was cheap & chearfull!! the best weed was the hill street special & the nepal hash wasn't to bad either! like I said before there speacecakes where cheap for what you were getting.
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

Kick ass bar these days. Table service and cheap pitchers of beer. Also allowed to smoke both tobacco and cannabis there. The decor is, imo just like it´s supposed to be there. The music they generally play is really dirty jungle and drum and bass. I spend ALOT of afterworks here :)
Nothing But Spirit
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Had a few mates that have took multiple trips there lately! sounds like a good place for a drink, Smoking room also! man this is memory lane for me! had my own flat now for nearly a year & ive forgot what a holiday is lol
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

You can smoke anywhere you like in here now :lol: Picked up some weed from Voyagers and The Green Place recently and sat at the big window in the front getting blazed with my mate while drinking cocktails. Much more people coming in the bar now because you can smoke there, great to see. The first place I ever went in when I first visited in 2001 and still my favourite place all these years later.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Along with Batavia, one of the quintessential 420-friendly bars or "stoner-pubs" to be found around town. Easily one of the most noteworthy/unique/distinctive bars in the whole city with the anything goes approach to "tagging/graffiting" the place up as well as decals all over.

Things I like (using my gold-standard of Batavia as a direct point of reference/comparison), they serve milkshakes, they do a happy hour for the cheapest pints in the city, their beer is already pretty cheap as is, they open earlier than Batavia.

Things I don't like, no extensive food menu (but alas not really that kinda place), music often too loud and just as often shitty (Drum & Bass and British hiphop, hmm hard pass!) necessitating yelling to converse with others. Staff can be pushy with drinks, bathroom is not nearly as clean as Batavia.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Still a great place, was in here the other day in the upstairs smoking room chilling by the window, great view. Seemed quiet during the day which was nice. It's one of the few places I really like in the RLD.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

its a dump, but its our dump.

better now they dont sell weed.

my favorite place in amsterdam.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

still a great place and if you get the window seats one of the best views

only drawback can be very pushy with the drinks :roll:
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

:mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Smokey2017

Post by Smokey2017 »

Great place and have a Happy Hour between 19:00 - 21:00.....
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Smokey2017 wrote: Mon 19th Mar 2018 05:56 pm Great place and have a Happy Hour between 19:00 - 21:00.....
What time does it start ?
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen: