Police to introduce state-of-the-art cameras

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

12/11/2009

De Telegraaf wrote that the police intended to install state-of-the-art 360-degree rotating video cameras in the fight against the increasing violence on the streets.

The cameras, which will be introduced nationwide in 2010, will be installed on the roof of police cars.

Currently, some police vehicles are equipped with video cameras but they are located inside the vehicles and have limited functions.

The police will first test out various types of cameras in five regions before determining which video camera is the most suitable.

The cameras, which are expected to have a preventative effect, can be used during riots, but also in entertainment centres or at major events.

The video cameras are also intended to make police officers feel safer, particularly when large groups of people turn against them.

The state-of-the-art equipment – estimated at EUR 5,000 apiece - can be controlled both from a patrol car and from a central dispatch. They will be made as ‘asshole proof’ as possible.

“Although eventually you can break anything. On the other hand, the closer a hoodlum gets, the easier it becomes to identify them,” said a police spokesperson.

Source

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

at least it will be the police in control of these cameras, in the uk we have the stasi inspired councils using them as they please,
this is the kind of shit the stasi in my borough get away with:
this is from yesterdays local croydon paper:

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/lat ... ticle.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
happydaze777

Post by happydaze777 »

How long before that lovely ikkle Smart car ends up tipped in a canal? :lol:
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

I was watching a cctv tv programe recently groningen,Aparently they can tell the tone of your voice + shout instructions & such :lol:.
muckypup
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by muckypup »

Kingdoc wrote:Aparently they can tell the tone of your voice
Crikey. From that tone of voice can they tell whether you've had a skinfull of Spesh and jellies? I'd give Groningen a wide berth from now on...
echc1

Post by echc1 »

fight the stasi cctv cameras...still if they mount them on smart cars then no probs as we know where it's fashionable to dump smart cars.....in the canal!!! just make sure it goes camera first.......cctv is state control"for your own good ,safety and health" as THEY say
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

echc1 wrote:fight the stasi cctv cameras...still if they mount them on smart cars then no probs as we know where it's fashionable to dump smart cars.....in the canal!!! just make sure it goes camera first.......cctv is state control"for your own good ,safety and health" as THEY say

Less than 1 crime solved per 1.000 CCTV cameras i hear,Just like the flashers! road safety my ass.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

i hate all this big brother stuff with the cameras,does anyone remember freedom?CCTV does have it's uses but it's starting to get out of control
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

echc1 wrote:i hate all this big brother stuff with the cameras,does anyone remember freedom?CCTV does have it's uses but it's starting to get out of control

This country has been out of controll for a while now,Really does anyone get listened to?.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

all depends how much money they've got and how much it'll line politicians pockets and if that coincides with party policy.........until i win the lottery i will remain the lunatic subversive that they'd like to list me as.......oh well soon be election time when i get to do one of my favourite past-times......giving the candidates stress and awkward questions on their policies .....but the best bit is telling them to get off my property afterwards :twisted: ,isn't it strange how you don't see those people until they want your vote?......favourite question is"give me 5 good reasons why you think you've earned my vote" see if you get a proper answer