Need flight help

Getting there and getting around.
Marco

Need flight help

Post by Marco »

I figured many of you are pros at flying in Europe, so maybe you can suggest the cheapest way to do this.

I need to go from Amsterdam to Vienna, Austria around August 26th. Then from Vienna to Zurich on about Sept 1st, then from Zurich back to Amsterdam about the 5th of September.

Would it be best to get two tickets? Ams to Zurich roundtrip, then from Zurich to Vienna roundtrip? Going from Ams to Zur, then straight to Vienna, back to Zurich, then back to Amsterdam (with days in between)?

Seems roundtrip tickets are cheaper than those with 4 stops? If this makes any sense :P

Or a site to book a plane trip with 4 stops?

Balou

Re: Need flight help

Post by Balou »

Buy a ticket on Austrian or KLM RT to Vienna then buy a separate ticket on Air Niki (LCC) from Vienna to Zurich. You could also do it the other way round as you've suggested.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
XANAX

Post by XANAX »

Here's a website with all of the discount airlines which fly throughout Europe.

http://www.attitudetravel.com/lowcostairlines/europe/
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Marco wrote:I figured many of you are pros at flying in Europe, so maybe you can suggest the cheapest way to do this.

I need to go from Amsterdam to Vienna, Austria around August 26th. Then from Vienna to Zurich on about Sept 1st, then from Zurich back to Amsterdam about the 5th of September.

Would it be best to get two tickets? Ams to Zurich roundtrip, then from Zurich to Vienna roundtrip? Going from Ams to Zur, then straight to Vienna, back to Zurich, then back to Amsterdam (with days in between)?

Seems roundtrip tickets are cheaper than those with 4 stops? If this makes any sense :P

Or a site to book a plane trip with 4 stops?
Marc,
i just put your dates into http://www.Kayak.com and prices start at around 533.00 us dollars
that is leaving on the dates you posted
Oxcasual

Post by Oxcasual »

Marco,

Not sure from Amsterdam with out checking. But I went to Vienna from the UK 5 or 6 years ago & it worked out cheaper flying to Bratislava (Slovackia) then an hours train to Vienna. It may be an option if direct flights are costly & you can fly there from Schiphol.

Also check trains from Vienna to Zurich, you may get a good deal if you look about.
Forward the Revolution
Marco

Post by Marco »

Ended up using ebookers.com, they put together three legs on one ticket.