Forum suggestion. Stickied Priceline/Hotwire thread.

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
treetop

Forum suggestion. Stickied Priceline/Hotwire thread.

Post by treetop »

Hi -I'm a priceline bidder! I like to stay in 4 and 5 star hotels for the same price as a 2 star place when I stay in Amsterdam. Some of my most enjoyable stays have revolved around having a really nice room to stay in.

I see from the forum that several others are also into this service for booking their stay in Amsterdam.

Right now the only resources for checking winning priceline/hotwire bids around your stay times are patchy to say the least. There are 2 forums that I know of but there is no specified Amsterdam section as there are just not that many winning Amsterdam bids posted (this is especially true on the hotwire forum).

I would like to suggest a stickied thread in the hotels section that outlines winning priceline/hotwire bids, the hotel name and location, the date of the stay, the price paid and the process leading up to the winning bid. How many failed bids, was there a counter offer, was it accepted etc etc.

Then possibly a request to review the hotel in the same section after your stay.

I believe there is a way to become an affiliate to Priceline/Hotwire and have a direct link which would credit ACD with any business that goes over there. This does not change the price paid from the customers point of view either.

Unless ACD already has an exclusive agreement with another site I don't see a problem in giving people some information and possibly generating some revenue for the website in the process.

What do you think?

How much did you produce?
sam

Re: Forum suggestion. Stickied Priceline/Hotwire thread.

Post by sam »

I am pretty sure this place has a hotel bookings place, just go to the home page and click on the big hotel link. I am not trying to be an ass, but price line is a f#$%ing joke even if you spent tons of time searching to maybe know what hotel you might get. I have used priceline many times in the past and sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes really nice hotels have a block of really shity rooms that priceline/hotwire guests get. I have found this out the hard way a few times. Plus for the few $ you save is it not better to pick where you are staying instead of getting stuck where you do not want to be, plus all the time you will waste searching for priceline hotel info. Just my opinion being a priceline hater. :lol:
treetop

Post by treetop »

sam wrote:I am pretty sure this place has a hotel bookings place, just go to the home page and click on the big hotel link. I am not trying to be an ass, but price line is a f#$%ing joke even if you spent tons of time searching to maybe know what hotel you might get. I have used priceline many times in the past and sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes really nice hotels have a block of really shity rooms that priceline/hotwire guests get. I have found this out the hard way a few times. Plus for the few $ you save is it not better to pick where you are staying instead of getting stuck where you do not want to be, plus all the time you will waste searching for priceline hotel info. Just my opinion being a priceline hater. :lol:

I appreciate this and at times in the past I have shared your sentiments. Especially about not knowing the location in advance.

However here's the thing. If we had a thriving thread with winning Amsterdam bids posted including dates and name of hotel it would be possible to bid or not bid according to what hotel is winning in that time period. It would be a hugely useful tool as there are some FANTASTIC deals going on there. Matty I think just got Grand Amrath a five star hotel right by Voyagers for about $80. I've stayed there with priceline and my room was fabulous. I'm sure there were rooms with better views but trust me the room I had was 5 star quality.

In fact I've never stayed in an inferior room in a 4 star or 5 star hotel with Priceline bidding (used it 20+ times). On checking in it is sometimes possible to get a very good room if you ask for something in a certain location. For example I asked for a room at the front of the NH Berbizon Place because they have old style windows that open wide. The staff were happy to oblige. If it is a particularly slow period especially so.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

I've not tried it yet, but I saw this thread yesterday. https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21177 A result :D.

Also it says on the another site:-
Put your bid in and you’re committed.
If it's acccepted, there's no going back.

but maybe there is a way around that. Other than trying to sell the booking to someone else if you cant go.
What a long strange trip it is.
treetop

Post by treetop »

spidergawd wrote:I've not tried it yet, but I saw this thread yesterday. https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21177 A result :D.

Also it says on the another site:-
Put your bid in and you’re committed.
If it's acccepted, there's no going back.

but maybe there is a way around that. Other than trying to sell the booking to someone else if you cant go.
This is true and during the 'volcano episode' in 2009 it almost bit me in the arse. Luckily I was able to get a ferry to Rotterdam instead and the booking was not wasted. A lesson learned. Don't book too soon with Priceline bidding!

What I'll do is book a room from a 'regular' site plenty in advance. This booking can be cancelled for free or next to nothing. A lot closer to the time when everything is confirmed I'll try and upgrade for the same price at Priceline bidding.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

treetop wrote:I like to stay in 4 and 5 star hotels for the same price as a 2 star place when I stay in Amsterdam.
Who doesn't mate, who doesn't. :D
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

I've used it only twice, but each time we got the crap room in the nice hotel,the free breakfast was nice but not worth the garbage mold smelling rooms....you take yer chances and out of country yer locked in,and it suck if it sucks....good luck
rockin into the night
matty223

Post by matty223 »

for my upcoming trip in July i got the Grand Amrath on hotwire for 131 usd a night
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
treetop wrote:I like to stay in 4 and 5 star hotels for the same price as a 2 star place when I stay in Amsterdam.
Who doesn't mate, who doesn't. :D
Me... Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than snooty places full of snooty people... Through choice, I would never stay in a 5* hotel... Through choice... Repeat, CHOICE :-)
Endure
matty223

Post by matty223 »

twich, free mini bar, and last May they were real cool , do what ever you want, i was blazing in a non smoking room , no problems,
plus for summer A/C is a MUST.

see you in November
winnie

Post by winnie »

what summer? :lol:
matty223

Post by matty223 »

winnie wrote:what summer? :lol:
i guess summer was in May this year, we hd some great weather