Quitting Tobacco

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Lemming
Site Admin

Quitting Tobacco

Post by Lemming »

I recently packed in smoking tobacco. If anyone’s interested, I used a book by a bloke called Allen Carr called “The Easyway to Stop Smoking” to break my addiction.

Sess

giving up

Post by Sess »

A friend has just given me that book... It has worked for a good few people that I know, so I wish you the best of luck. The Vape was meant to be my salvation (as far as giving up the evil weed), but it has just proven to me that the tobacco was more of a problem than I thought. I think this is the case for many weed smokers... weed and tobacco become intrinsically interlinked.
***,¸¸,ø¤ºPeAcEº¤ø,¸*¸,ø¤ºLoVeº¤ø,¸*¸,ø¤ºaNdº¤ø,¸*¸,ø¤ºeMpAtHyº¤ø,¸¸***
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

It's a very clever book. I hope it works for you too.
I began smoking tobacco mixed with hash over 20 years ago (scary thought!) and became addicted to the tobacco.
X

Post by X »

Smoking is a pleasure as a whole.. whether your smoking a ciggy or a joint, it is always a pleasure to drag in and let it out after a bit.

offcourse, I get your point, if doing that gets you fucked (i.e. with weed) then its even better as there is a "goal" to smoking... you could argue that smoking tabacco has no goal in itself, as it brings nothing but cough and smell... weed gets you high at least!

to this, I reply "whatever!"... its a pleasure, whether you are smoking a joint or a cig! And when your bored and you have important things to do, then its nicer to hit a cig than a joint! I mean.. I smoke a lot of tabacco... and I know 'll die of lung cancer in the foreseeable future, but what the fuck, at least if it happens I'll die happy :)

I don't see why someone would WANT to quit smoking tabacco... you may want to stop for a bit, but as long as you smoke spliffs.. I find it a bit hypocritical to say you won't smoke cigs... except if you do it the way BONER does it.. pure weed, no tabacco, but that will get you moving on four legs :?

once you have read all that, consider it all coming from zee french man and make your mind up on how much of this can actually be applied to you all :)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Welcome to the forum Scott.

I quit smoking because I wanted to regain control of my life from tobacco addiction. I no longer smoke any tobacco, not even in spliffs, so I don't think I'm a hypocrite. I now use pipes, pure weed joints and vapourisers and, yes, I get very stoned!
superchunkymonkey

Post by superchunkymonkey »

honestly i dont see the need for tobacco in joints all i ever needed to do is put some dried trim in with it and it burns just fine
X

Post by X »

Lemming wrote:Welcome to the forum Scott.

I quit smoking because I wanted to regain control of my life from tobacco addiction. I no longer smoke any tobacco, not even in spliffs, so I don't think I'm a hypocrite. I now use pipes, pure weed joints and vapourisers and, yes, I get very stoned!
way to go..

my friends tell me my need for tabacco comes from my french origins.. I guess its just me then :)

true I probably dont put as much weed in my joints, but then when you boys smoke one pure, I smoke 3 mixed! I guess I just like taking drags :)
Boner

Post by Boner »

I'm coming up to 2 years since I quit tobacco, I woke up one day and said f**k it I'm sick of smoking, stinking like an ashtray, coughing up small alien looking things and generally feeling uinfit so I just quit no books, no gum no nothing just will power, and I love going to Amsterdam and smoking pure joints (still to try a vapo promised myself some of De Kuil's Shiva in one this upcoming trip)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
TheGinSoakedGirl

Post by TheGinSoakedGirl »

I stopped smoking about 4 years ago. No books, no therapies etc just determined that I no longer wanted to be addicted to tobacco and smell like an ashtray.

My confession part is that I haven't smoked weed for even longer, but want to chill out when in the Dam again soon - but I worry that it is the first step back to smoking ciggies (the habit of puffing etc ). In your view am I unduly paranoid ? :(
and how to avoid roll ups w/o tobacco as for the life of me I cannot roll up.

K
Hasta la Victoria Siempre
Stygian23

Post by Stygian23 »

I quit smoking cigarettes every so many years. Last time I quit was 3 years ago for a year. Just quit again 4 days ago when I got back to the States from Veracruz, Mexico. I haven't touched one since getting off the plane and everytime I want one I either smoke a bowl or tell myself I'll smoke a cigarette later. :twisted:
50 characters? Nothing to say in 50 characters.
Paco

Post by Paco »

I am a non smoker,my whole life I have never smoked ciggarets.The only thing where I came in contact is ,when I roll up a Joint.I would smoke it pure but the weed is not that good that I could smoke without any tabacoo.

But when iam in Dam I definetly smoke them pure. :lol:
nytvd

Post by nytvd »

i was a very light smoker and usualy smoked when in bars and clubs - i could be seen with a beer bottle in one hand and a cig in the other, that was my normal standing position....

but quit smoking 16 years ago - do not miss it at all.
love weed and smoke it pure always.
the trick is not to smoke too much at one time.

i remember the days when me and my buddies would pass the bong around for hours, but really are you feeling any better after the third or fourth hit?
it just take a bit of good weed to get you to the right place, then wait awhile before refueling :wink:
Religion Race Color Creed... Whatever
claudandus

Post by claudandus »

i think i'm not very much addicted to smoking tobacco

if if i smoke tobacco i really prefer natural american spirit because there no additives in it and you taste more of the weed :P

and its jsut nice if you're drunk and wanna smoke tabacco or ciggies :P
Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET