Changing votes on coffeeshop polls

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
treetop

Changing votes on coffeeshop polls

Post by treetop »

As we all know coffeeshops change owners and a good coffeeshop can go bad and vice versa.

Is it possible to have a vote change option on the individual coffeeshop threads in the same way there is one on the top 3 coffeeshops poll.

Many thanks.

How much did you produce?
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Changing votes on coffeeshop polls

Post by Lemming »

Nice idea.

The version of the software that we were using back at the start didn't allow changing votes. I'm not sure what would happen if I changed them now. It might reset the counts. I'll try an experiment sometime.

I'm also aware that a refresh of the top 3 poll is well overdue. This means selecting 50 shops to put into the new poll. Maybe we need to vote on that too! One possibility is that we drop those shops with one or fewer votes and then canvas for replacements. Another possibility is that I try to increase the maximum number in a poll and then put all 700 or so in there. That might get a bit unwieldy though, even if it's possible.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Lemming wrote: One possibility is that we drop those shops with one or fewer votes and then canvas for replacements.
^^^This.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Lemming wrote:One possibility is that we drop those shops with one or fewer votes and then canvas for replacements.
Sounds good indeed!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Lemming wrote: Another possibility is that I try to increase the maximum number in a poll and then put all 700 or so in there.
winner winner
Amsterdam dreaming.............