first grow going outdoors need some wisdom

Including growing tips and questions.
greenking

first grow going outdoors need some wisdom

Post by greenking »

Hay guys. im looking to have a go at my first grow, i've got a balcony with nothing blocking the sun. I've heard lowrider is a good place to start.

peace to all who walk through greener fields
greenking

Re: first grow going outdoors need some wisdom

Post by greenking »

soo much love in the room,
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Hey,
Ok, hmm, not sure if now is the time to start an auto grown on a balcony in London (unless you are in London, KY, USA).
You probably should have started no later than the end of June. Why you may ask?
Most autos grow from seed to harvest in 9-11wks, and if you started today, it would finish sometime mid October. You know better than I the weather in London, so what do you think - will the plant receive sufficient sunlight on a daily basis between now and mid October? Are you able to provide the plant with some type of artificial light in case of prolonged periods of overcast, you live in London remember? Are you able and willing to move the plant indoors when the temperatures drop below 18c/64F? Prolonged exposure at or below this temp will most likely stunt its growth, possibly kill it. The yield from autos is small to begin with, starting this late in the season will probably reduce it even further.
Good luck and happy farming... :mrgreen:
greenking

Post by greenking »

hay thanks for the info, i best wait till the new year i guess, yep uk ain't well known for the weather lol
but thanks again for the advice, I could try an indoor set up possible but space i don't have.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

No reason why you can't grow big, bushy plants on a sunny balcony in London, given a half decent Summer, like UR says though you need to start earlier (April/May) and use a strain that grows well outdoor in the UK (Passion #1 - Dutch Passion) works well, there are others you could research. I would be more concerned about stuff like: Can my balcony be seen? Is there anyone close by who could smell the results? Out door plants can grow big, 6ft+ in UK so think about the space you will need. Best of luck :D
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

greenking wrote:soo much love in the room,
Based off the answers it looks like good things come to those who wait! Use this time to start planning? Then you can be all > :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Mongoose wrote:No reason why you can't grow big, bushy plants on a sunny balcony in London, given a half decent Summer, like UR says though you need to start earlier (April/May) and use a strain that grows well outdoor in the UK (Passion #1 - Dutch Passion) works well, there are others you could research. I would be more concerned about stuff like: Can my balcony be seen? Is there anyone close by who could smell the results? Out door plants can grow big, 6ft+ in UK so think about the space you will need. Best of luck :D
He's planning on growing an auto, probably wouldn't get any taller than 35-40in/90-100cm.
Still though, unless grouped with plants of similar size, even an auto will stand out. Camouflage baby... it's an art form. :lol:
Happy farming... :mrgreen:
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Uncle Ron wrote: Camouflage baby... it's an art form. :lol:
Happy farming... :mrgreen:
Ghillie suit for your plants? People would buy that shit UR :!: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
greenking

Post by greenking »

Thanks for ya advice guys and sorry its take. Me so long to say so. Ironicly we have to move flats being sold and we just rent but getting a nice place with a garden and most important of all a nice metal shed
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Well if your growing in a shed in a garden make sure you spend that little extra on some infer-red proof sheeting to line your shed with.