lufthansa strike, quick question for anyone in the know

Getting there and getting around.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

lufthansa strike, quick question for anyone in the know

Post by cantona7 »

I have a friend flying to dam via frankfurt on lufthansa next week. was wondering if anyone familiar with them or anyone dealing with the strike themselves knows how they are handling pre existing bookings if the strike goes forward?my gut feeling is they will put him on another star alliance carrier but I'm not sure. just a shot in the dark asking on here but thought I'd try.

educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Uncle Ron

Re: lufthansa strike, quick question for anyone in the know

Post by Uncle Ron »

cantona7 wrote:I have a friend flying to dam via frankfurt on lufthansa next week. was wondering if anyone familiar with them or anyone dealing with the strike themselves knows how they are handling pre existing bookings if the strike goes forward?my gut feeling is they will put him on another star alliance carrier but I'm not sure. just a shot in the dark asking on here but thought I'd try.
What does your friend have to say?
You didn't mention whether he/she contacted LH.
Thought a bunch of stoners could do better? :lol:
Hmm, leaves the door wide open for some serious stoner slamage, just saying.
Next...
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

no idea if my friend called lh. i have to assume if my friend resorted to asking me that he did call. just thought i'd ask here as maybe there were others facing the same dilema. if folks wanna slam me for asking a simple question go for it i guess. :lol:

and for the record i see your point ron. when i comes down to it just trying to get some info for a friend. a lot of knowledgeable folks on here.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

No stoner slamage for you, you're just trying to help out a friend. That's a good thing. :wink:
The slamage would have been on your friend. :shock: :wink: :lol:
Had your answers been different, total carnage would have ensued. Less than a week and just now asking for advice. See where I'm coming from?
This really isn't complicated anyway, there's only a few options...
= the strike ends after a couple of days like normal
= transfer to another * Alliance partner
= voucher for another flight
= total refund

Why anyone would transfer through Frankfurt with Amsterdam as their destination is beyond me, unless a layover was planned. Cheaper ticket, doubtful, it's LH! :shock:
It will take longer getting through security than it does to fly between the two cities. :lol:
Well ok, not really. Total flight time is approximately 45min, plus approx. 10min from gate to runway (FRA) and runway to gate (AMS).
Happy trails...
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

The problem is they are flash strikes. Unannounced and sometimes only for 6 hours othertimes for 24 hours. No sign of a resolution as yet.
Matroos negenenvijftig
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Uncle Ron wrote: Why anyone would transfer through Frankfurt with Amsterdam as their destination is beyond me, unless a layover was planned. Cheaper ticket, doubtful, it's LH!
Actually, I've connected through both Frankfurt and Berlin on separate trips... all about the money... or should I say air points. LH is Star Alliance.
Amsterdam dreaming.............