After a recommendation please

fat_tony

Re: After a recommendation please

Post by fat_tony »

Forgot I had signed up to this site :)

We did the Atlantis truffles the last time I went (when I started this thread) We were both a little wary and ended up sharing 1 box between us, the effect was minimal. Nothing negative but a bit of a waste of time, we stretched out on our beds - smoked lots of weed and listened to music all afternoon. It was cool but very minor really, I remember it being like those magic eye pictures - the more I stared at something the more it appeared to be moving or shifting with the music.

We are heading back tomorrow for another 3 night trip and plan on trying a box each this time.

Are you supposed to do them on an empty stomach? Is it ok to be smoking weed the whole time aswell?

I think last time we didnt do enough, had eaten loads of munchies before hand and while we were on them ate dozens of lion bars and smoked loads aswell.

Ill post back next week, hopefully it will be more of an experience this time.

sensismiler

Post by sensismiler »

fat_tony wrote:Forgot I had signed up to this site :)

We did the Atlantis truffles the last time I went (when I started this thread) We were both a little wary and ended up sharing 1 box between us, the effect was minimal. Nothing negative but a bit of a waste of time, we stretched out on our beds - smoked lots of weed and listened to music all afternoon. It was cool but very minor really, I remember it being like those magic eye pictures - the more I stared at something the more it appeared to be moving or shifting with the music.

We are heading back tomorrow for another 3 night trip and plan on trying a box each this time.

Are you supposed to do them on an empty stomach? Is it ok to be smoking weed the whole time aswell?

I think last time we didnt do enough, had eaten loads of munchies before hand and while we were on them ate dozens of lion bars and smoked loads aswell.

Ill post back next week, hopefully it will be more of an experience this time.
You dont have to do them on an empty stomach but the effects are stronger if you do. It's totally cool to smoke weed with shroom's / trufffle's etc, that is if you can focus enough to actually smoke it :wink:

Half a box is half a dose so I get why you didn't feel much. A lot of people don't think truffle's are that good compared to shroom's but I would disagree. I had a great time, I'm sure you will too. Just eat a whole box this time
Nepenthe

Post by Nepenthe »

I've done truffles every visit to Amsterdam (5 now), with mushrooms also on the first visit before the law changed :(

The advice I've gotten every time from the shops is to eat them on an empty stomach, and also if you're unsure how they will affect you, to eat half first, wait an hour, then eat the rest (or don't - if you don't like the effect or feel it's strong enough already).

I trip with my boyfriend and we usually buy two boxes, share one and then open the other an hour later. We have breakfast and a smoke in the morning, then wander about until lunchtime and have the truffles for lunch. It's great to have food handy for after the mushrooms have kicked in, you might not feel like eating, but chocolate or fruit are great fun when you're tripping. Oranges / orange juice have vitamin C which can help calm the effects of the trip if it's too intense, and chocolate is supposed to enhance the experience. I have memories of two different trips and fruit..

The first was eating an orange from albert heijn on a hotel bed watching the simpsons. It was so much juicier than the ones we get in the UK and I was making a hell of a mess trying to peel it open and get the segments. The juice was running through my fingers and the citrus smell was intense, after eating about half the orange I was in fits of giggles watching the TV and had to put the rest in the bin because I was such a mess and had to go wash my hands. Came back and lay down on the bed and laughed for 2 hours, couldn't move or open my eyes.

Second memory is of having berries from albert cuyp market, a different trip when we stayed in an apartment, I was sat with the raspberries and it took me about 5 minutes to eat each one... putting it in my mouth and feeling the fuzziness on the outside, then taking great pleasure in popping each little juice-filled cell individually with my tongue :D I have no idea why this was so much fun, but it felt great and I was finding it hilarious, kept trying to explain to my BF why it was the best thing ever lol.

My experiences with truffles have ranged from falling asleep (did them too late at night after smoking all day, pointless lol), losing myself in my own thoughts, hysterical crying with laughter, unable to move for extended periods of time, to mild-medium visuals - clouds and shadows are great for this, things that move on their own or aren't completely solid. Amsterdam rooftops also, spent ages feeling like I was in some MC Escher art looking out over the uneven angled rooftops and church towers!

With regards to smoking weed, try and hold off as long as you can, until the truffles start to kick in, before getting completely baked. Seems to us the more stoned we are beforehand, the less effect the truffles have. But smoking a joint after the psilocybin takes effect really seems to enhance the experience, especially visuals and laughing.

Although as the above poster says, focus sort of goes a bit, so you might want to spend the time waiting for the psilocybin to kick in, rolling a few joints for when you are worse for wear later on :D
Last edited by Nepenthe on Thu 4th Oct 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nepenthe

Post by Nepenthe »

Oh and about the taste, I think it's sort of a mental thing. I hate the look of them, but really they aren't so bad. The first time I was being so squeamish about it, "eww, yuk, these are disgusting" etc, and almost made myself sick thinking about it.
Now I know what to expect, and just tell myself that they're nuts. woody, earthy, barky tasting nuts. Just separate them into a couple of easily swallowable piles and chew the fuckers down, wash liberally with water to get the little bits that get stuck to your teeth :evil: Once you've started get them down as quick as possible and straight afterwards go and brush your teeth (or chewing gum if you aren't near a sink) :D

Only takes a minute then it's done, and the fun can begin :)
sensismiler

Post by sensismiler »

Nepenthe wrote:chocolate is supposed to enhance the experience
I knew it! The guy at smart zone said to me not to eat chocolate because it will make the effects weaker! After about 4 hours on philosophers stones I had had enough. It wasn't a BAD trip, nor a great one. I just wanted to feel normal again so I opened a big bag of m&m's and started eating them. This was hard work! My depth perception was non existent and I kept dropping them into the bed thinking they were at my mouth.. yes they melted and I got out of the room nice and early in the morning to avoid the maid and her WTF looks!

Anyway, after eating a good handful of m&m's the trip got pretty intense for truffles and my whole body felt like it was vibrating. The horrible feeling I'd had in my stomach throughout became the dictator of the trip. Every time my stomach churned I felt like I was flying! I had a real feeling of weightlessness which was pretty damn fun! It was certainly an improvement on sitting curled up in discomfort!

I had a much better time on the Mexican truffles though. Other than the feeling I described the philosophers stones were not enjoyable. The visuals were pretty weak and I don't know how to explain, other than for me they destroyed my emotion. I felt empty. The Mexicans were a different story! They were fun as hell! Still not too strong but I laughed harder than I have on Liberty caps, which are the only 'real' shrooms I've tried. The closed eye visuals were the best I've ever had though! I first closed my eyes once I knew they were kicking in.. About 5 minutes later the wave of psilocybin hit me and I was greeted by a butler who reached his hand to the corner of my vision (closed eyes still) and peeled back the darkness I was looking at to reveal a kaleidoscopic and colourfull madness! The butler gave me the thumbs up and walked off.. Well that was it! I was in stitches for the next 2 or 3 hours. My diaphragm was in agony from the laughing but I never wanted it to end

So after that essay my recommendation would be Mexican truffles. The magic mushroom gallery were the cheapest I found. Smart zone is expensive, not sure about the others. I know this is an ancient thread so the OP has no use for the info but hopefully it will help someone at least!

Get shrooms if you can though!