Dec. 6 Is A Historic Day: WA Legalization Takes Effect

Legal news, protests, etc.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Re: Dec. 6 Is A Historic Day: WA Legalization Takes Effect

Post by cantona7 »

haha king 5 news. my 2nd fave local news channel behind komo.

educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Man this is the big experiment now isn't it, I never thought I'd see the day. :D :D.

I'm 3000+ miles away but I want to dance in the street for all of us tokers of the world. I am so impressed with the cohesiveness and the sense of purpose and lately the Funding of the campaigns that have been run in the States all these years.

Thankfully for us clodhoppers here we at last have a functioning campaign group, http://norml-uk.org/ Thankyou USA :D :D.
What a long strange trip it is.
avalon

Post by avalon »

So the 1st thing they do is BREAK THE LAW!!

Smoking in public is not allowed but they do it anyway.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

avalon wrote:So the 1st thing they do is BREAK THE LAW!!

Thats what potheads do...sometimes theyre their own worst enemies. Heh.

Congrats washington,...enjoy Cantona7!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

If their is no victim, there is no crime.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

TwoCanucks wrote:

thanks bro. if your ever in the bc/washington area throw me a pm here or on fb...legal toke n talk...or dare i say dab n gab?

for the record folks as i have said yes cannabis consumption on the street is illegal, but for now all you get is a verbal warning and a few dirty looks. in the future you may get ticketed.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/0 ... n-seattle/

a humerus q&a blog spd has put out.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

cantona7 wrote:
TwoCanucks wrote:

thanks bro. if your ever in the bc/washington area throw me a pm here or on fb...legal toke n talk...or dare i say dab n gab?

for the record folks as i have said yes cannabis consumption on the street is illegal, but for now all you get is a verbal warning and a few dirty looks. in the future you may get ticketed.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/0 ... n-seattle/

a humerus q&a blog spd has put out.

Wife and I defintely need to make a summer trip up to your beautiful state now Cantona. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Will have to check out Allegiant Airlines for cities and prices. Colorado is also on our list, but we'll drive from Arizona....mini road trip. :)

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Thx NSFE... :)
A few interesting tidbits for the masses...
"For starters, states are not mandated under the US Controlled Substances Act to criminalize marijuana or to arrest and prosecute adult cannabis consumers and the federal government cannot compel prosecutors in Colorado or Washington to do so. The Justice Department and the US Drug Enforcement Administration could, theoretically, choose to selectively prosecute those individuals in Colorado and Washington who possess or grow quantities of plant that are compliant with state law. But such a scenario is hardly plausible. The federal government lacks the manpower and the public support – and therefore the political will – to engage in such behavior and this reality is unlikely to change any time soon. As acknowledged by former congressman and ex-DEA director Asa Hutchinson at a recent CATO Institute forum on the subject, the federal government never has prosecuted people for possessing an ounce of marijuana and it is not about to start doing so now."
= As I've stated a few times in this Forum, the Feds CANNOT support a boots-on-the-ground operation for any lengthy period of time, they simply don't have the manpower.
= The acknowledgment from ex-DEA director Hutchinson said it best - (paraphrase)... the Feds have never prosecuted someone for possession of an ounce/28 grams.

This is how marijuana will be decriminalized/legalized at the Federal level...
"...How did America’s "noble experiment" with alcohol prohibition come to an end? When a sufficient number of states enacted legislation repealing the state’s alcohol laws, prohibition effectively discontinued. With state police and prosecutors no longer enforcing the federal government’s unpopular law, politicians eventually had no choice but to abandon the policy altogether."
= Two and counting. When the number of states that legalize simple possession exceeds 2/3rds, then MAYBE Congress will address the rescheduling of cannabis.
... :mrgreen:
sam

Post by sam »

Uncle Ron wrote:Thx NSFE... :)
A few interesting tidbits for the masses...
"For starters, states are not mandated under the US Controlled Substances Act to criminalize marijuana or to arrest and prosecute adult cannabis consumers and the federal government cannot compel prosecutors in Colorado or Washington to do so. The Justice Department and the US Drug Enforcement Administration could, theoretically, choose to selectively prosecute those individuals in Colorado and Washington who possess or grow quantities of plant that are compliant with state law. But such a scenario is hardly plausible. The federal government lacks the manpower and the public support – and therefore the political will – to engage in such behavior and this reality is unlikely to change any time soon. As acknowledged by former congressman and ex-DEA director Asa Hutchinson at a recent CATO Institute forum on the subject, the federal government never has prosecuted people for possessing an ounce of marijuana and it is not about to start doing so now."
= As I've stated a few times in this Forum, the Feds CANNOT support a boots-on-the-ground operation for any lengthy period of time, they simply don't have the manpower.
= The acknowledgment from ex-DEA director Hutchinson said it best - (paraphrase)... the Feds have never prosecuted someone for possession of an ounce/28 grams.

This is how marijuana will be decriminalized/legalized at the Federal level...
"...How did America’s "noble experiment" with alcohol prohibition come to an end? When a sufficient number of states enacted legislation repealing the state’s alcohol laws, prohibition effectively discontinued. With state police and prosecutors no longer enforcing the federal government’s unpopular law, politicians eventually had no choice but to abandon the policy altogether."
= Two and counting. When the number of states that legalize simple possession exceeds 2/3rds, then MAYBE Congress will address the rescheduling of cannabis.
... :mrgreen:
I love stoner logic it always makes me LOL. If the federal government wants to do something about it all they have to do is withhold federal money to those 2 states till they do what they want and yes it really is that simple. That is what they done when some states would not move the legal drinking age from 18 to 21 even though the people of the state I live in voted not to change the drinking age. Not saying they will do anything just saying it would be very easy for them if they wanted.