Another massacre, this time 5-10 year old school children...

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Old Fart

Re: Another massacre, this time 5-10 year old school childre

Post by Old Fart »

I lived in the South for 11 years and could not get out of there fast enough. Generally the south is 20-50 years behind the rest of the country. In 2002 I went to a county fair in rural Virginia and had my choice of Nazi patches, raciest cigarette lighters and tee shirts at one of the vender booths. You had to stand in line at check out. There is underlying racism and ignorance in the South that prevails to this day and many are proud of that heritage. Obviously this does not apply to all southern states in the same degree and certainty not to all individuals of those states.

imo.

redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Marco wrote:
redeyezman wrote:I'm not digging through a bunch of threads to find an example. I really don't care how you choose to portray yourself.
In other words, you are bullshitting again. :roll:
Without digging in threads I will explain further. Someone responds to you knowing nothing about you but what they see in the profile. Your profile says you live in Amsterdam. They assume you are native, and address you in a fashion that reflects that belief. You respond not yet revealing you originally hail from US. Person responds again in a way they would to native European. You respond again with final blow, and "winning" the argument most because they address you as though you were a native.

People self segragate to be by like minded people or to be more secluded. You have left America. For good I can only assume, so is it fair/true/honest to speak as though you are American when you seem to not share any values of Americans? Is your citizenship anything but a formality? You where born here, and were fortunate enough to move to a place more suited for you. Nothing wrong with that. I applaud you for it. Just seems unfair to community and perhaps yourself to carry on like this is your home. I resent all kinds of shit about US too, I choose to handle the resentment differently than you is all. Neither of us is more right than the other. Despite your consistant insults to my understand of the world I would still enjoy sharing a J with you. I like to think we can all learn from one another despite our actual/perceived intelligence.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Marco and Redeyezman,
Please, take your conversation to the "push the button for drama" thread, thank you.
I love you both, but not here, not now...
Thanks...
... :mrgreen: