The official dog thread!

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

user54321

The official dog thread!

Post by user54321 »

Right... inspired by the cats and dogs thread...

What's yer favourite breed(s) of dog?

1 for me will always be the Springer Spaniel!

2 being the Siberian Husky!

and joint 3rd being the Scottish Deerhound and Irish Wolfhound (as they're so similar - 1st two pics are Deerhounds and 2nd are Wolfhounds, the wolfhound being the largest breed of dog, with the deerhound just behind it)

As you can tell I like work dogs! :-)

Get yer favourite breed pics up!! There just isn't enough YAAASSS in the world when it comes to our furry friends! Dunno about anyone else but I still find it strange how we keep wee beasties that run about our houses, we feed them, wash them, look after them and we're the only species that does it. They lower our blood pressure and become members of your family and your best friend, very bizzare - but I likes it, oh yes I does... :lol:

cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

here is my dog.. I A good ole fashion mutt. the vet thinks he is border collie/german shepard... this dog has it good! His name is cosmo
I need a miracle everyday
user54321

Post by user54321 »

In my work just now so can't see the pic (the firewall in here is slightly funny about some sites), but i'll check it when I get in the house ...

My ma' has a gorgeous wee king charles cavalier called Lara (Dr Zhivago - NOT Tomb Raider), thee coolest, most chilled out, affectionate dog you're ever likely to meet, this dog doesn't want to go out if it's raining, she just looks at you like you're stupid, turns round to get back on the couch and waits until it's dry. She sleeps 90% of the day... we got her from our old hash dealer so we suspect she may have eaten a few dods in her time which would certainly explain a few things... :lol:

She's not happy just sitting on the couch, or even near you - she has to have a paw on you while she snoozes so she knows you're there! She also doesn't have a bad bone in her body, she wouldn't hurt a fly!

I don't think I've got any pics sadly, she's old now and not very well so any pic wouldn't do her justice I'm afraid. She's been getting blood tests and scans recently - possible tumour or cancer although she seems happy enough but the inevitable is on it's way and I'm practically heartbroken already... :cry:
user54321

Post by user54321 »

He's bonny Catt!

My girl's aunty had a border collie, pure breed... totally mental, used to try and round up everything, even buses :shock: :lol:
DHBlues

Post by DHBlues »

LOL Cosmo tried to herd the cats when we first got him, didn't work out too well so he gave up.
Dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

bulldogs......french and/or british(english)

also really like comondores (sp?).
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
jim and sonja

Post by jim and sonja »

As you can see from our avatar, its staffies for us a 6 year old called trevor (see avatar) and his 6 month old grandson gary the most beautiful and friendly dogs in the world. :D
I smoke, therefore i am
mover2100

Post by mover2100 »

I especially like the dogs that their owners allow to run freely thru the sidewalk cafes & stick their snouts on my table begging for my food,

it gives me a warm, cuddly feeling for all yuppies
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

Aw I love animals including 4 legged ones :wink:

My fave is the Golden Retriever. I had one growing up and I loved her!
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

Neldo I really like the way you think....... 8)

I pretty much get along with most animals but my personal favorites would be.............

White German Shepherds

Alaskan Malamutes

Siberian Huskies

My boy MAXX is a 160lb White German Shepherd Alaskan Malamute mix that is the best friend and family anyone could hope for it would take to long to recount every story and most would not believe them anyway but sufficient to say we have saved each others life so many times and I love this dog with all the heart I have to give.

My little girl ARROW is a 50lb Siberian Husky she is just the sweetest and loving little warrior princess a real joy and family as well and I really should stop underestimating her but she puts up with me anyway she knows she has a piece of my heart.
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

you know Neldo you got me thinking and I would like to mention a dog from long ago who did not even belong or live with me but loved me followed me and protected me for a number of years as a small child.

She defended my life from a very large Black German Shepherd that lost his mind and at the very least she saved me from a severe mauling and I believe she saved my life as the two of them fought over me as I had been knocked to the ground by the attacker and LADY hit him at almost the same instant he hit me and it was a little bit before the fight moved off of me and I could get out from under them and get away as she kept him far to busy that it gave me time to get to where he could not reach me.

So here is to LADY a beautiful and loving White German Shepherd who deserved so much better than she ever got and one of many reasons I still find myself alive today.
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

awwwwwwwww biker, what a nice tribute story. Your line up of dogs is also my favorite line up but the german shepard can be any color.. they are just my favorite
I need a miracle everyday
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

cattales1960 wrote:the german shepard can be any color.. they are just my favorite
and a very good choice indeed :)

I really like them all I just got more into the whites because of LADY, MAXX and his father KING......they definatly have touched my life :D
cheese

Post by cheese »

im a big german shepherd fan... i have had 2 in my time, and my grandfather has had german shepherds for about 60 years...

my favorites are the purebreed black/tan german shepherds...

i just got another puppy on may 10, his name is cooper... he is about 8 weeks old and is going to be an amazing dog!!

i would also like to pay tribute to my favorite dog in the world... Herman... he was also a german shepherd and lived till 14 years old.. he was truly one of the best trained dogs i have ever seen... i hope he is having a good time where ever he is now..
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

cheese wrote:Herman... he was also a german shepherd and lived till 14 years old.. he was truly one of the best trained dogs i have ever seen... i hope he is having a good time where ever he is now..

Probably running with Lady and King somewhere in the mountains and valleys of God's Kingdom.
******* World Wide Legal *******