Legal news, protests, etc.
Nimrod

Re: Amsterdam 4:20 Smoke Out

Post by Nimrod »

:lol: :P :lol:

Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I attended last year - mainly one dude preaching to the choir, then plays his guitar and sings a bit, then preaches some more...
...chanting ensues, drums beat (not really), then it's back to preaching, then some more music, and more preaching.
From my standpoint, not a very effective protest, more like an Occupy Wall Street after-party in a public setting. Whatever...
If the organizers want this smoke out protest to be taken seriously, they need to do much better, or do they even want to be taken seriously?
In order to gain legitimacy, they should/need to contact well known cannabis activists and supporters (outside the coffee shop culture)...
...and do whatever to get these people to attend, speak on behalf of the smoke out, and be "seen" giving support.
Maybe the organizers have made attempts but these notable people passed because of previous commitments or whatever...
Hmm, 4/20 is once a year, not difficult at all to schedule in advance, just saying...
Otherwise, in my opinion this is just another lame stoner event that basically doesn't amount to much, not to mention an ego boosting trip for a select few.
I'll attend this years event, as a supporter and an observer. Will this be just another circle jerk, or will it actually have some constructive meaning?
If in town, have a look for yourself, as a supporter, observer, or whatever... maybe even get some freebies... socialize and puff-puff-pass that vape bag... :)
... :mrgreen:
treetop

Post by treetop »

Uncle Ron wrote:I attended last year - mainly one dude preaching to the choir, then plays his guitar and sings a bit, then preaches some more...
...chanting ensues, drums beat (not really), then it's back to preaching, then some more music, and more preaching.
From my standpoint, not a very effective protest, more like an Occupy Wall Street after-party in a public setting. Whatever...
If the organizers want this smoke out protest to be taken seriously, they need to do much better, or do they even want to be taken seriously?
In order to gain legitimacy, they should/need to contact well known cannabis activists and supporters (outside the coffee shop culture)...
...and do whatever to get these people to attend, speak on behalf of the smoke out, and be "seen" giving support.
Maybe the organizers have made attempts but these notable people passed because of previous commitments or whatever...
Hmm, 4/20 is once a year, not difficult at all to schedule in advance, just saying...
Otherwise, in my opinion this is just another lame stoner event that basically doesn't amount to much, not to mention an ego boosting trip for a select few.
I'll attend this years event, as a supporter and an observer. Will this be just another circle jerk, or will it actually have some constructive meaning?
If in town, have a look for yourself, as a supporter, observer, or whatever... maybe even get some freebies... socialize and puff-puff-pass that vape bag... :)
... :mrgreen:
I will be attending. I am eager to find ways in which I can support this event. Everyone who cares about keeping the weed pass out of the Netherlands and opening up the shops back door policy should think about attending.

UR want a date? :oops: :shock: :idea: :!: :?:

:roll:
How much did you produce?
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

treetop wrote:Everyone who cares about keeping the weed pass out of the Netherlands and opening up the shops back door policy should think about attending.
Umm...not everyone. And yeah, I've thought about it.

Same "you need to do this..." shit, different year. Mind your own head.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Nimrod wrote:
treetop wrote:Everyone who cares about keeping the weed pass out of the Netherlands and opening up the shops back door policy should think about attending.
Umm...not everyone. And yeah, I've thought about it.

Same "you need to do this..." shit, different year. Mind your own head.
Not the same thing at all. You should consider thinking about lightening up. :mrgreen:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

So who is choosing the teams and do they have to be on national basis? ACD team anyone? Although I suspect that with just 8 teams this may already be locked up, in which case meh, if I can't compete, I won't attend.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Smirks wrote:So who is choosing the teams and do they have to be on national basis? ACD team anyone? Although I suspect that with just 8 teams this may already be locked up, in which case meh, if I can't compete, I won't attend.
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=22881

Time is of the essence....