Server Appeal

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

Server Appeal

Post by Lemming »

As you may know, this forum is hosted for free by Peter of LocalInet. This gives us complete independence and no adverts. Whilst the forum provides some publicity for LocalInet and its services, it doesn't earn Peter any money and the server costs him to run. In the past, some of you have made contributions via PayPal that helped keep the forum running for the last few months. This fund is now exhausted so I wonder if you could make any donation you can afford to Peter's PayPal account. Thanks in anticipation.

To donate please go to http://www.paypal.co.uk/ (or other local site) and transfer to peter.richards@localinet.co.uk.

Peter is a member of this forum under the user name slimline if you'd like to contact him.

thanks

Lem

chopitup

Post by chopitup »

Fair deal Lem, I have sent my token US$20 to Peter.
"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member" - Groucho Marx
slimline

Post by slimline »

Hi all,

For you kind people who have donated some funds towards the server, thank you for the much needed help.

I had 2 FreeBSD servers running, they both got hacked, I have taken up another server and spent a small fortune on software and making the new server more secure (I hope).

(cheap adverts) http://www.localinet.co.uk
easy web design http://sitebuilder.chelnet.com

This forum is the only domain that is running on the old server. I have full intent to move it at some stage onto this new and more powerful server, this will have to be done with help from lemming. (time permitting off course)

once again thanks very much for your help.
very much appreciated.

Slimline
Peter Richards

www.localinet.co.uk
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

As I already mentioned, it wouldn`t be a problem for me to host this forum for free, once and for all.
Only thing I need to know: how much space does the forum have now, and how much traffic does it do?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks to everyone who's contributed. Please continue to transfer any spare cash to Peter.

I've just returned from Iceland and I'm busy sorting out about 300 photographs so have little time. I'll get back to you sh@dy regarding your kind offer soon. There is already a copy of the forum on member 711's server space too.

I don't know how much bandwidth the forum uses (and neither does Peter at the moment apparently). It won't be as much as the main ACD website but I imagine it's still quite considerable and growing. Space is usually less of a problem than bandwidth (traffic) and old posts can always be purged to reduce it.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

just contact me when you got enough time ;)