whats your fav portable vape

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Taylor

Re: whats your fav portable vape

Post by Taylor »

Mike93 wrote:I really wanna try the Subliminator. Looks fucking quality :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anyone got one?
I've only ever seen them. I would really love to give it a try but cant justify forking out that much. Perhaps some coffeeshop might have one in the Netherlands.

Harry Highpants

Post by Harry Highpants »

stuart1976 wrote: the pinnicle pro seems it but too pricey.
I've had a Pinnacle Pro for about 4 months, so I'll chime in to say its a pretty good unit.

Hands down wins on stealth in public. Most people just think its a fat e-cig and I never get a second look. The bullet system is also pretty good for those on the go, just dump the old one (although you don't really want to hold one straight out of the chamber...), load the pre-packed new one and you are away in less than 5 seconds. Although buying the extra bullets does add to an already pricey unit - I don't think I'd like this thing half as much without them (also get the bullet holder, but be prepared to put some foam in the lid to make the lid fit properly).

On the downside, the battery life is average. If you're planning a heavy session, you better have an outlet handy. I generally get 3 - 4 decent sessions out of it, which is a pain in the a$$ if I'm out and about all day. Really needs a swappable or better battery, or even a Car charger. As Bleak has already said, it's the trade off you get for the size.
There's also a few reports over at fuck combustion that some people are getting problems with melting mouthpieces. I've never seen it, and I get the PNP up to the highest setting all the time. Either it's a vocal minority, or I've been lucky for the 4 months I've had it. They've also just changed the mouthpiece design so it has a glass insert. They are replacing mine for free even though it's not broken, so I can't complain. If you are looking at getting one, make sure it has the new glass mouthpiece design and not the old one.

Most importantly this thing hits decently. If you've got the time, it'll make your weed last and last, but if you are in a hurry just crank up the heat and get it into you (not as efficient though). Taste also gets a bit funky at the upper temps - is great at low/mid. It's supposed to do hash and concentrates as well, by using a special bullet. I've never done it, but the guys at FC reckon it's not the greatest at this. Best to do it as a weed-hash-weed sandwich (or in cotton for oils), which generally gets the thumbs up from those concerned. There's also very little learning curve, which comes in handy when sharing with mates. And finally, do yourself a favour and get the water tool with it as well. Best travel bong combo I've ever owned.

And for those who don't know if you'll like the stone (it's definitely different - not as heavy maybe?), see if you can borrow one for a couple of weeks and use it exclusively. I was a bong user for 20 years and can't see myself going back to combusting as I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Well that certainly went on longer than expected.

TLDR: Great vape, crap battery. Get the water tool, extra bullets, bullet holder and new glass mouthpiece design.
FW Spencer

Post by FW Spencer »

This threa has convinced me to get The Hammer next time I'm out. Any tips on which smartshops I should try, guys?

Hope I can bring it back on the megabus without hassle.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Although I managed to break two glass nails, I'm still loving the Hammer. It's not very stealthy tho, looks like you're smoking crack or something, plus the little explosion it makes when you fire it up! So I use my MFLB when I need to draw less attention, but the flavour and the wispy hits just don't compare to a nice, brutal Hammer session :evil:

Azarius on Kerkstraat is the only place I've seen them for sale. Off there later for more glass nails! (Easy to clean them in boiling water or vodka if you travel).
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

my buddy got a pax this week.... its okay.

airizer solo is so much better.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

1st born thinks his new Whispr 2 is the business :mrgreen:

thanks again spidergawd for the personal demonstration :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

It does the business man, and it's good to see a youngster be smart and think of his lungs right off. :idea:
What a long strange trip it is.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Yes they've ramped up the temperature on the WISPR 2, I think it must be about 210 now so you get a good hit with plenty of vapor. However it does bake the herb quicker so a hotter toke, and also the flavour of your herb gets lost as the higher temp releases other oils. I believe 180 is the optimum temp to release the THC oil.

I might just get one of the older ones just to have the option of one with the lower temperature which I like. :D

180 = High :) :) 8)
210 = Baked :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

Finally got round to ordering my solo. Cannot wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

nice.

post back your results using it.

i love mine.

have a collection of stuff to smoke out of and thats all i use since i got it.

think you'll enjoy it a lot.
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

will do

Im hoping that it satisfies me so I don't need to combust!
Vaping the way forward for me, and ill eventually get a Cloudevo.

Also the smell that smoking emits is just too much :shock: :shock: :lol:
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

dude.... it barely smells up the place.

i use setting #5

and i get blasted.... i dont use anything else anymore... and i have a sick 3 piece bubbler i rarely touch cuz solo is awesome.

might be hard to pull initially but the glass piece loosens a bit.

enjoy :-)
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

so broke my first straight glass stem, didnt mind too much as i had 1 straight and 2 bent left (i prefer straight stems). so ive been waiting for vapefiend to get more pves ones with extra airflow (i dont think there getting any) then was gonna get the german glass stems from site that bleak posted. just when i want to pay it wouldnt allow me to??? (any ukers had this problem as well?) so was looking about for a third option ebay solo stems were about £3-4 more than vapefiend ones so i looked again for a forth choice and found

Arizer Solo diffuser tube straight £ 6,28
Arizer Solo special diffuser tube straight £ 13,35 (it has a toke hole half way up stem)
and £5.02 for p&p to uk. took 4 days arrive..

so they fit lovely, but not built as well as original stems the 4 holes are perfect dead center,the 4 holes are slightly to one side on these, but still smokes the same..

so overall i got stoned off my face on both thought they might be rather loose but didnt need to put in o ring. and my other solo accessories are the stem caps so i can preload stems instead of bringing out weed separate which works great for me and only £2.50 for the 2

my only complaint is i wanted 2 straight stems and have been sent 1 straight and 1 bent (will email them about this (stamped packed by jim so i know know whos at fault)

i think youve made the right decision there mike :D
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

dude.

no need for the oring.

just use the glass stem that comes with it.

i have the high end stems but honestly, i dont notice ANY difference.

for those you need the oring.

to me, they're a waste.
codejd

Post by codejd »

Picked this up the other day for $11 from eBay. I bought it because I don't have access to oil and it does QUISO, wax, etc. or flower if you prefer although I don't see much point in the latter as the smell is the same as a normal pipe. I also like the fact that it matches up to any standard 510 battery.

It has two different coils, one for dry flower & the other for QUISO, etc. I can see the need to replace this coil (about $2 each) once a week and there's a little disk that will need to be swabbed with alcohol on a regular basis but otherwise it seems like a pretty neat, clean unit.
Donkey smell.