are volcano vaporizers worth the money and switch

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
EasilySuede

Re: are volcano vaporizers worth the money and switch

Post by EasilySuede »

cantona7 wrote:anyone know the proper temps to vape oil using the liquid pad? the thicker less runny oils like your budders/wax and shatter.
Hey can- try starting with 190C. variations between batches, quantity, etc. make it a little difficult to come up with a hard and fast temp rule. I've been using between 190 and 210C for the most part.

On a side note, Vriptech's bubbler...
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/merch ... y_Code=VWT
...is working the charm on my solid valve. just skip putting the mouthpiece on, and press the metal cylinder of the solid valve (down to the hilt) on the conical lip of the GonG downstem- this will create a seal tight enough to "squeeze" the bag empty when you pull on it thru the bub.

The addition of a fine-screen sandwich on the insert, and the moisture from the bubbler, has helped me appreciate this contraption even more.

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

EasilySuede wrote:
cantona7 wrote:anyone know the proper temps to vape oil using the liquid pad? the thicker less runny oils like your budders/wax and shatter.
Hey can- try starting with 190C. variations between batches, quantity, etc. make it a little difficult to come up with a hard and fast temp rule. I've been using between 190 and 210C for the most part.

On a side note, Vriptech's bubbler...
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/merch ... y_Code=VWT
...is working the charm on my solid valve. just skip putting the mouthpiece on, and press the metal cylinder of the solid valve (down to the hilt) on the conical lip of the GonG downstem- this will create a seal tight enough to "squeeze" the bag empty when you pull on it thru the bub.

The addition of a fine-screen sandwich on the insert, and the moisture from the bubbler, has helped me appreciate this contraption even more.

i actually do that with my bong. works well. if the bongs not clean though the vape tastes kinda gnarley.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
o5car

Post by o5car »

Me and my bro got one a few weeks ago, we still smoke joints, but the vap is such a clean high AND you can get high on less, and faster.

I would say it's a sound investment for a healthier high.
You would have to smoke approximately 15000 joints in 20mins to intake a toxic amount...
Colina

Post by Colina »

My Volcano Digital was broken :-(
Had problems with the temp, showed 190°C but didn't really reach that temp.
At the cool down it stopped at some point, f.e. 53°C and didn't go on.

They do a perfect service at Storz & Bickel. My parcel arrived the 30th of march at S&B and was returned the 2nd of april. Right after the holidays. The UPS return was for free, also the repair. That service is worth the money you pay for a Volcano imo. A new grinder was added too, never used the old one but that's nice of S&B. :D
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Some tips from the Vape Critic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWzzUoo ... FQ&index=3

"Published on Feb 21, 2013
Tips to maximize vapor production with the Volcano vaporizer:
- Grind your material very fine, almost to a powder.
- Dry your material out, generally the drier the better.
- Pack the herb chamber at least 1/3 full (it's half full in video).
- Fill balloon when heater is engaged (orange light is on).
Not everyone wants vapor this thick, but if you do this vape can hang. You can easily tone down the vapor density by packing less material, or not grinding it as fine.

More info about this vape can be found on my website:
http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/... "
sandrawyvt

Post by sandrawyvt »

I have not tried any volcano vaporizers in the market yet but what I have tried were the Ascent by Davinci(my latest purchase) and the Pax.

I just started with this whole vaping thing to somehow help myself ease my tobacco intake thru smoking. Vaping my "green" is way smoother too. Heard a lot of "benefits" on vaping but I believe there would still always be risks. I mean vaping is not totally 100% safe but its a "cleaner" alternative.

I have started blogging about this whole vaping journey and I hope everyone here can check my blog - http://www.whatsyourvapetemp.com/ and appreciate it. :)