Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

Spaldwickapeface

Re: Voyagers

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

I had ten euro of the Lemon bubble, nicely cured weed that tasted good, but was hardly a knock out smoke. On par with the stuff we get at home, like many reviews I read I preferred the Super Bio Lemon Haze that they used to offer.

I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Was in and around over the past few days, met Andy and ran into another forum member but I can't remember your name, only that you came from Seattle!

Anyway, Lemon Bubble was our number 4 smoke of the trip, lovely taste with a great uplifting high. We went back for more of this.

1. Strawberry Haze - De Penguin, Arnhem
2. Tangie - Grey Area
3. OG Kush - Paradox
4. Lemon Bubble - Voyagers
5. CBD Bud - Siberie
Bliss Receptor

Post by Bliss Receptor »

Taylor wrote: Anyway, Lemon Bubble was our number 4 smoke of the trip, lovely taste with a great uplifting high. We went back for more of this.

2. Tangie - Grey Area
3. OG Kush - Paradox
5. CBD Bud - Siberie

I won't get as far as Arnhem, but 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all on my hit list. :mrgreen:
'Everything I've seen needs rearranging' - Arthur Lee, 1967
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Bliss Receptor wrote:
Taylor wrote: Anyway, Lemon Bubble was our number 4 smoke of the trip, lovely taste with a great uplifting high. We went back for more of this.

2. Tangie - Grey Area
3. OG Kush - Paradox
5. CBD Bud - Siberie

I won't get as far as Arnhem, but 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all on my hit list. :mrgreen:
Serious warning: stay away from Strawberry Haze in De Penguin or any other coffeeshop selling such stuff smelling very, very artificial like what ever fruit! It's sprayed with aroma!

See also: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... =9&t=30156
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I can confirm it is sprayed, and for most people I know this will devalue it in terms of ranking, but its a dream to smoke it, even more so than Grey Areas lovely tangie.
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

Taylor wrote:I can confirm it is sprayed, and for most people I know this will devalue it in terms of ranking, but its a dream to smoke it, even more so than Grey Areas lovely tangie.
I'd stay away from it anyway. Food grade flavor extracts haven't been proven to be safe to inhale and they might not even bother to use that to spike their containers or weed. As a matter of fact I remember reading somewhere that flavoring used in nicotine liquid is far more carcinogenic than actual cigarettes. And thats flavoring that is supposedly 'safe' to inhale.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Popeyes put vanilla extract in the vanilla KUSH tubs to make it smell more vanilla...
rockin into the night
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

Yep, I fell for that one a year or 2 ago, sadly I hadn't discovered this forum yet.
j-smoker

Post by j-smoker »

how about some of the better shops getting together and trying to offer a scheme guaranteeing clean, properly grown and flushed medical grade weed. Not that this should be needed but its becoming a big problem. I don't want to smoke shit weed that is sprayed with synthetic (and dangerous) synthetic cannabinoids or worse.

Is it just me or is it becoming harder and harder to find truly top drawer smokes in what was once the weed capital? The stuff I can get in the Uk for the last few years has been in general more potent and of higher quality.

In terms of voyagers, its another shop I have never been in. Can I ask why is it seemingly so popular. Is the weed really any better than elsewhere or is it due to the cheap place to stay aspect. Im sadly now beyond the age of staying in youth hostels, more like nice hotels and apartments these days. Just wondering if this place is worth a visit?
We cant stop here this is bat country
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

Voyagers has proven itself by offering quality weed, that doesn't mean however that you won't occasionally run into some badly flushed strains here tho. They will always be at the mercy of their growers and those growers often just don't care. And tbh, I don't think any coffeeshop really cares either. We, the connoisseurs who actively compare quality between strains and coffeeshops, probably only make up 1-5% of their clientele. From a business point of view we're just not worth the trouble of going through longer flushing periods or less aggressive chemical sprays.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

j-smoker wrote:how about some of the better shops getting together and trying to offer a scheme guaranteeing clean, properly grown and flushed medical grade weed. Not that this should be needed but its becoming a big problem. I don't want to smoke shit weed that is sprayed with synthetic (and dangerous) synthetic cannabinoids or worse.

Is it just me or is it becoming harder and harder to find truly top drawer smokes in what was once the weed capital? The stuff I can get in the Uk for the last few years has been in general more potent and of higher quality.

In terms of voyagers, its another shop I have never been in. Can I ask why is it seemingly so popular. Is the weed really any better than elsewhere or is it due to the cheap place to stay aspect. Im sadly now beyond the age of staying in youth hostels, more like nice hotels and apartments these days. Just wondering if this place is worth a visit?
To make it short: Great quality and consisent too. Budtenders are patient and friendly, will guide you through the menu and let you smell the goods. You cant go wrong with Voyagers when it comes to weed. Haven't stayed at the hostel myself but saw one of the rooms and it was far beyond a cheap run down hostel vibe. Very clean and furniture didn't look bad either. The 3 star hotel I used to stay in was about the same.
Bliss Receptor

Post by Bliss Receptor »

Quazer wrote:To make it short: Great quality and consisent too. Budtenders are patient and friendly, will guide you through the menu and let you smell the goods. You cant go wrong with Voyagers when it comes to weed. Haven't stayed at the hostel myself but saw one of the rooms and it was far beyond a cheap run down hostel vibe. Very clean and furniture didn't look bad either. The 3 star hotel I used to stay in was about the same.

+1
'Everything I've seen needs rearranging' - Arthur Lee, 1967
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

Quazer wrote:To make it short: Great quality and consisent too. Budtenders are patient and friendly, will guide you through the menu and let you smell the goods. You cant go wrong with Voyagers when it comes to weed. Haven't stayed at the hostel myself but saw one of the rooms and it was far beyond a cheap run down hostel vibe. Very clean and furniture didn't look bad either. The 3 star hotel I used to stay in was about the same.
Should note tho that you do pay €15/g for the 'great' quality strains and most of their DNA Genetics strains are obviously sweetened with molasses or some other sweetener during their flushing cycles. Premature seeds in their buds are the most common downside. But despite this, Voyagers is without a doubt one of the 3 best shops in the city, mostly due to their consistency.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Sheska wrote:
Should note tho that you do pay €15/g for the 'great' quality strains and most of their DNA Genetics strains are obviously sweetened with molasses or some other sweetener during their flushing cycles. Premature seeds in their buds are the most common downside. But despite this, Voyagers is without a doubt one of the 3 best shops in the city, mostly due to their consistency.
Molasses? When did that happen? I did find the odd seed or two but the seeded weed was still banging. I know what you mean though, high prices like most places in the center. I dont shop there that often compared to other places, but when I do I'm happy with what I get.
Mudsocks

Post by Mudsocks »

Flushing with molasses is an all natural way to add some great flavor. Why would anyone ever complain about that?