Best Amsterdam Pizza 2015

Restaurants and takeaways.
spliphy2

Best Amsterdam Pizza 2015

Post by spliphy2 »

Last edited by spliphy2 on Wed 3rd Jun 2015 08:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spliphy2

Re: Best Amsterdam Pizza 2015

Post by spliphy2 »

Sometimes deletion is possible and sometimes not.
Last edited by spliphy2 on Wed 3rd Jun 2015 08:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

Last edited by spliphy2 on Wed 3rd Jun 2015 07:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

Its almost time for contesting Amsterdam's best pizza. Does the German chain Vapiano make the best Pizza in Amsterdam (or close to it)?

Fresh ingredients directly influence taste and Vapiano has a high turn over of products. An open kitchen shows the assembling of the dish. Garlic oil, herbs, chile flakes, and grated cheese are available and enable individual customization. Friendly engagement from the staff and fast completion of an order make this chain a contending force.

La Perla probably uses better and exotic ingredients but has become almost chic and overcrowded. Da Portare Via has a nice clean open kitchen but the patron cannot enjoy a beer with their pizza. The Pizza Bakker doesn't have an open kitchen and is slow with limited transaction choices.

These are some of my pizza creations: lamb and roasted red peppers. The crust is really the foundation in more than one way. It is the taste of the crust that make my pizzas so good. Three leavening agents are used: yeast, eggs, and bananas. You cannot taste the banana. Ground flax seed and sesame along with garlic and herbs composes the flatbread. The bread is first par baked, assembled, then back to the oven for finishing.
Thomasbandit

Post by Thomasbandit »

Vapiano didn't seem anything special to me; La Perla was the same - they're not bad but nothing special.

My favourite is Da Portare Via - http://www.daportarevia.nl/ super thin base and super tasty
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

Thomasbandit wrote:Vapiano didn't seem anything special to me; La Perla was the same - they're not bad but nothing special.

My favourite is Da Portare Via - http://www.daportarevia.nl/ super thin base and super tasty
Yes, in my opinion they were the most satisfying the last time I visited A'dam. The lack of suitable beverage with the pizza however takes away from the overall experience.

Vapiano seem to facilitate the diner better. When vacationing, slow service tends to annoy as my primary interests are not gazing time on end at the interior of food establishments or their patrons. The Coffeeshops is where I want to be not these eateries. Refueling must occur at sometime however, so, whoever facilitates my desire for Italian flatbread the fastest and friendliest gets the gong.

No, none of these places would get any culinary awards, so, just hitting the basic satisfaction of hunger will have to do.

Pasta at Vapiano is another matter all together. In my book they serve a gummy noodle. I've gone the pasta option 3-4 times and every time it is the same. Many other patrons though line up for their pasta, which I just cannot fathom the appeal.

It must be the German efficiency of an acceptable, even tasty pizza.
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

Vapiano has lost its appeal to me due to their crust. Their toppings get no arguement from me.

Better crusts were experienced from Pizzabakkers and da Portare via. At the later shop, their Vegitariana (sp?) was really nice.
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

it all depends on how one defines a good pizza....

a thin crust, great sauce and a little quality cheese - like a real Itlaian pizza does it for me. those wide little things with all that cheese in those pictures.... i would just keep walking
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

sour dough pizza, yummy http://new.fuocovivo.nl/
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:it all depends on how one defines a good pizza....

a thin crust, great sauce and a little quality cheese - like a real Itlaian pizza does it for me. those wide little things with all that cheese in those pictures.... i would just keep walking
to each their own i guess. the thing is thatwhile i can eat a regular whole pie if it is thin crust but those little things as you call them have high quality ingredients and are dense. plenty of garlic and spiciness make them great for me. i can only eat a half and it fills me up and makes me feel full with all the seeds (flax and seseme) in them. i want to make some with hemp seeds also.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

spliphy2 wrote:

to each their own i guess. the thing is thatwhile i can eat a regular whole pie if it is thin crust but those little things as you call them have high quality ingredients and are dense. plenty of garlic and spiciness make them great for me. i can only eat a half and it fills me up and makes me feel full with all the seeds (flax and seseme) in them. i want to make some with hemp seeds also.
lol
your description makes me want to try them!
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
spliphy2 wrote:

lol
your description makes me want to try them!
also, in reality there is not much cheese since i try to limit it. there is some parmasan as a base, next is a sause with chicken and musrooms, red chiles, and then 2 slices of provolone. extra virgin oloive oil is in the dough and also applied afterwards. i've been doing this a long time and i wouldn' t make it if i didn' t relish it. most of all, i beleive its balanced nutritionally, at least this was one of my go@ls to work towards. so, my idea is to eat a small amount @nd yet get all the nutes. i don' feel hungary at all after eating these. the same cannot be said for much of the food avaiable commercially.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Piza in Amsterdam i like saying snow in canary islands ,, i mean really if your not or never been to New York,, you guys have no clue what real pizza is,, not putting anyone down here jsut the facts jack

peace ,
Stiff
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

New York is a long way from Amsterdam Matty, pizza will be cold by the time it arrives and I reckon the driver will get lost :roll: