Chocomel, Looza, Waffles, Cookies

Restaurants and takeaways.
Smoke Dogg

Chocomel, Looza, Waffles, Cookies

Post by Smoke Dogg »

Having been to Amsterdam numerous times, I always go snack shopping at Albert Heijn before coming back home. Favourites include Chocomel, Looza juice drinks, sugar waffles, stroopwaffles, cookies...the list goes on!

What kind of Dutch snacks do people from UK bring back home?

Also that whipped cream in the coffeeshops tastes amazing!!!

KrazeUK

Re: Chocomel, Looza, Waffles, Cookies

Post by KrazeUK »

Smoke Dogg wrote:Having been to Amsterdam numerous times, I always go snack shopping at Albert Heijn before coming back home. Favourites include Chocomel, Looza juice drinks, sugar waffles, stroopwaffles, cookies...the list goes on!

What kind of Dutch snacks do people from UK bring back home?

Also that whipped cream in the coffeeshops tastes amazing!!!
I always pop into 'Crepes And Waffles' near Baba Coffeeshop on Warmoesstraat. The best crepe's and waffle's I've personally had, and at a reasonable price too!

I too always grab my munch from an Albert Heijn. The big carton of Chocomel is essential! Other things such as the stroopwaffles of course and they have a great bakery section. I am a huge cake/pastry enthusiast so that is where my heart is lol.

If you know of a place I can get Looza Juice from other than spending 3eu in every Coffeeshop?? I am yet to find this so if anyone has any information on this that would be great!
“Everything is better with a bag of weed.”

Stewie Griffin
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

I brink back to CANADA ( keep in mind the world ain't only the uk n lots of ppl on here ain't from) beers 6pack since a 500ml of heini here goes for 5$ ( at ah 1€=1.30$)
few boxes of spice cookies (since we don't have any here in our supermarkets) at 1€ a box !!
Amsterdam mustard few jars for my father who love the stuff more then the French mustard djon !
Just to name a few :mrgreen:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

i only bring back chocomel. this trip a quick walk round the corner from park&ride to AH, walking round dam with about 20ish 1L cartons was very annoying. albertcuyp market make giant stroopwaffles which for me are just too bloody sweet, and i like sweet stuff. but their is also wallies waffles Holy Crap (my personal fav treat in dam). so kraze whats your fav bakeries am looking to buy box of cakes (fresh cream if possible) or something like a big whole cake (moist) money is no real option (to a point) ???
KrazeUK

Post by KrazeUK »

stuart1976 wrote:i only bring back chocomel. this trip a quick walk round the corner from park&ride to AH, walking round dam with about 20ish 1L cartons was very annoying. albertcuyp market make giant stroopwaffles which for me are just too bloody sweet, and i like sweet stuff. but their is also wallies waffles Holy Crap (my personal fav treat in dam). so kraze whats your fav bakeries am looking to buy box of cakes (fresh cream if possible) or something like a big whole cake (moist) money is no real option (to a point) ???
My favourite cakes or pastries from Albert Heijn has to be their Pecan Plait or Pecan Pie. Absolutely delicious and very cheap! I often get them at home from any good Sainsbury's or Tesco's bakeries but in my opinion, the ones from AH are 10x better!

In terms of fresh cream cakes, I know that they do a lovely chocolate eclair with fresh thick cream inside! They do also do some large cakes (birthday cake size) but with some nice cherry and cream topping! Personally I havent tried it, but I have tried their smaller cream/orange cake that was also very moist and delicious!
“Everything is better with a bag of weed.”

Stewie Griffin
oufc.sturdy

Post by oufc.sturdy »

Adamster wrote:I brink back to CANADA ( keep in mind the world ain't only the uk n lots of ppl on here ain't from) beers 6pack since a 500ml of heini here goes for 5$ ( at ah 1€=1.30$)
few boxes of spice cookies (since we don't have any here in our supermarkets) at 1€ a box !!
Amsterdam mustard few jars for my father who love the stuff more then the French mustard djon !
Maybe he was specifically askin peeps from uk lol, me I like to bring bk chocomel, Oreo biscuits covered in chocolate white n dark for the wife an anythin that in fancy at the time
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

Stroopwafels and Hagelslaag!

Also lots of cocoa powder from Puccini...
ZoZo420

Post by ZoZo420 »

oufc.sturdy wrote:
Adamster wrote:I brink back to CANADA ( keep in mind the world ain't only the uk n lots of ppl on here ain't from) beers 6pack since a 500ml of heini here goes for 5$ ( at ah 1€=1.30$)
Maybe he was specifically askin peeps from uk lol, me I like to bring bk chocomel, Oreo biscuits covered in chocolate white n dark for the wife an anythin that in fancy at the time
Where in Amsterdam can you buy the Oreo biscuits covered in chocolate?
Puffpaddy1980

Post by Puffpaddy1980 »

CHOCOMEL CHOCOMEL and more CHOCOMEL :mrgreen: i love it, wife loves it and kids love it :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

KrazeUK wrote: 'Crepes And Waffles' near Baba Coffeeshop on Warmoesstraat. The best crepe's and waffle's I've personally had,
My mouth is watering at the very thought.
Papi

Post by Papi »

OneHighMofo wrote:
KrazeUK wrote: 'Crepes And Waffles' near Baba Coffeeshop on Warmoesstraat. The best crepe's and waffle's I've personally had,
My mouth is watering at the very thought.

I was hooked on them during last 420 trip. Ft saw me gorging on those crepes every fucking night we were coming back to our hotels.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Papi wrote:I was hooked on them during last 420 trip. Ft saw me gorging on those crepes every fucking night we were coming back to our hotels.
Well - you'll have a partner in crime come April - waffles with fruit and ice cream are the cornerstone of any nutritious 2am supper :)