Most clean weed in Amsterdam

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
aidens

Most clean weed in Amsterdam

Post by aidens »

Hey guys, since i came across sprayed/contaminated fake "haze" and weed very often here in germany, my main goal is to score some real biological/organic and clean weed. I really want something like homegrown where you see the crystals even on the outside and the smell goes through the bag. If you had homegrow before you know what i mean. I'm tired of contaminated bud so here is my question:

Is there a shop in amsterdam where i can score something of what im looking for? It's not about getting as high as possible, but to get a honest, clean, good tasting product. Maybe even some high cbd strains?
Im in amsterdam on thursday!
Cheers aiden! Ty

LLMReb

Re: Most clean weed in Amsterdam

Post by LLMReb »

Read my trip reports. I've become a big fan of clean, bio, outdoor weed. I had a lot to say about them in both the strains section and in my May trip report. I even included pics of some really nice Frysian Dew, Northern Lights, and . . . something else I cannot recall.

Below is a nice sample of dark purple-ish buds on nicely cured Frysian Dew from La Tertulia:

Below is another of a beautiful Northern Lights from Cafe Yo-Yo. It looked like candy that tempted me to just pop it in my mouth and chew it up like, well, candy:

I highly recommend Cafe Yo-Yo! Rent a bike and enjoy peddling out to the de Pijp area. I had a great conversation about outdoor weed with the older gentleman BT at Cafe Yo-Yo. That place is a definite stop on my future trips.

If you are on Prinsengracht, La Tertulia has good outdoor, clean products. I like that place a lot. Great to relax, read, write, whatever.

After having those, I am now turned off by the super stoned, overly potent Barney's Farm mixes and others around. I'm much more a fan of something that will provide a nice impact, but still permit me to function around a setting that only AMS can provide.

Happy hunting! Please report back!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

What second poster said wrt outdoor, but if you take care, read up on this forum wrt the best shops (there are many quality minded members who post with regularity) and generally do not visit bad shops we find it extremely unlikely that you will find anything resembling sprayed or purposefully contaminated weed... You might get a sample that isn't flushed to perfection (although nothing like the almost criminally bad flushes we get on a regular basis here in Denmark) or a cure that is marginally off, but we saw nothing and have heard no report of weed that was stepped on in the quality shops...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

@Reb: the Frysian Dew was also from Yo-Yo, well perhaps La Teratulia had their own batch on offer, but I know it's a staple of Yo-Yo's menu so that's why I chimed in on that.

Clean weed, hmmm, in my experience maybe I would say Voyagers has a tendency to carry some of the more well flushed specimens I've sampled throughout the years. Though Boerejongens has never screwed me over with black burning ash to my memory and has had many white ash samples.
aidens

Post by aidens »

Thanks for your replys guys!
I will definetly visit YoYo, thanks for your recommendation @reb.

Yeah I'm pretty sure u can find something that isn't sprayed/contaminated in Amsterdam.
I was once in Amsterdam long time ago, visited Greenhouse and wasn't that overwhelmed (same taste as weed i got in Germany).

What i mean is, i smoke like since 2010 and the best weeds i came across with were grown by myself or by friends of mine. Totally different smell (much more smell, through bags) and totally different look (not pressed, trichomes on the outside not only inside). I can just tell you, from my personal experience, that i never got something close to that on the streets or in any coffeeshop near the boarder.

Thanks again for your help!
Cheers aiden
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Look through recent posts by us and some of the regulars and you'll see comments and opinions on just this subject... :) Homegrown from someone who knows what they are doing will always beat the open market (the few exceptions are just that, few) if you are taking value into account...

Hash market is a very different thing and we would suggest that you also look here to ensure a little against disappointment, especially the new block hash / new schoolnmarket is great value and quality!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Crap! You are correct, DLN. I looked at my notes. Kali Must was the outdoor varietal from La Tertulia. Frysian and Northern Lights were from Yo-Yo.

All very good and clean tasting!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Welcome to the forum, Aiden. As others pointed out stick to the shops mentioned there you can find 'clean' wiet but stay away from 'Strawberry Haze' or 'Apple wiet' around as it's sprayed with artificial aroma. I used to get superior homegrown wiet for many years(flushed for two weeks, organic soil grown, as less fertilizers as possible, cured for weeks and well priced) but lost my source a couple of months ago. Since then strictly stick to hashish as it's hard to go back qualitywise as you can imagine until I find similar gear again(have no opportunity to grow sadly, too). By the way you can't compare semi-industrial grown wiet in an illegal context like in the Netherlands with their shitty tolerance policy with dedicated organic homegrown wiet, major difference! Just saying, never do this myself but question current quality of coffeeshop wiet. Only buy the occasional gear at coffeeshops every now and then but usually buy in bulk so not at home when quality isn't excellent.
Mainly into hashish anyway(where I know of a certain grade of quality which is more or less for sure uncut :evil: :lol: ) though but like very good wiet every now and then. Long story short: since about 2010 the quality of coffeeshop wiet is going downhill a lot you won't most probably find any weed coming close to proper organic homegrown and if it comes a bit closer you pay about 18€/g considering current prices. Trust me. Sad but true.
The only wiet I can remember of coming close from the last days was outdoor grown 'White Fire OG' at Cannabis Cup time at Utopia like two or three years back, this was fire indeed and supposed to be imported from the US.
Don't let that stop you having a good time though as it's all about the atmosphere in the Netherlands, consuming in public and all that. Enjoy :D !