Me Myself and I June 2018

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
DjShaggy

Me Myself and I June 2018

Post by DjShaggy »

All this writing really hurt my head.

went for a nice last min solo trip from Monday the 18th till Wednesday 20th june, heres what happened!

I left Birmingham at 13:00 and landed Schipol for 15:10
as usual I ran, literally ran, through the airport and down to passport control, through with no issues and straight onto a train. i must say its so nice not having a smoker with me for this part, i was able to go get a train straight away no waiting for him to take (what feels like) a hour to smoke a roll up!

after buying my ticket i find there is a train at 15:29, its currently 15:28 so more running to get the train, made it with a inch to spare behind me as the doors close. i find myself a seat on the left hand side of the train (i find there is more graffiti that side) and off we go. arrive in Amsterdam at 15:45 (ish) off the train and straight to voyagers. incidentally this is the first time i’ve actually had to scan my ticket to get out, thankfully i had already seen on this very forum that that is now a thing.

Into voyagers, no line so straight to the counter, looked at my watch it is now 15:50 which i think is absolutely brilliant time from landing to joint! i pick up 2g of the wedding cake, looks and smells fantastic, and 1g of the 24k which is a strain i’m always a fan of.
smoked the wedding cake while talking to 2 other lads who were smoking the same, we both agreed it was lovely, i passed them my pure joint so they could see what it should really taste like and they both choked pretty bad, welcome to the dam lads!
rolled a joint of the 24k and realised it was 4:19, cue up instagram for a little 4:20 story which i did then got told off for taking videos in the coffeeshop, found it quite easy to beg forgiveness and carried on with my joint, off to the hotel to check in.

Hotel Prins Hendrik
I’m no hotel inspector so ill leave this short, good location, acceptable rooms, pillow was shite but for 2 nights i really cant be bothered, tipped my stuff out of my backpack put back the grinder weed and skins along with my battery pack and charge cable and straight back out. i’ve not come to Amsterdam to look at the hotels!

where next? “well I’ll need some more weed” i tell myself, plus since I’m here i may aswell go check out the plug, not my favourite club in Barcelona but the quality is always good so maybe they have done good for the dam too…
This menu is far too big, half of the strains were bits and popcorn nugs, there really is no way they can keep all those strains in stock at the same time. anyway i opted for 2g of the gelato 33 (Papi’s recommendation) which was fantastic! so creamy yet gassy i couldn’t stop smoking it, ash was grey not white but not black. didn’t buy more because of that.
also took a look at the ODV 3 & 4 the 4 smells like tangie to me the 3 smelled like orange baby sick, which is exactly what ODV is meant to smell like! sweet 2g of that aswell and finally 1g of the London pound cake which went in the bin due to its black ash.

(when i say bin i mean i open up the joint im smoking and trash it in the ash tray and any left overs gets ground and also put in the ashtray, wouldn’t want anyone else accidentally smoking it!)

I should mention now the plug was rammed full of Londons dodgiest gangsters so i didn’t hang around, took my supplies up the road to the doors palace to smoke with a drink and some slightly calmer music.

Things became abit of a blur here, I was chilling in the smoking room at the doors for quite a while while texting a friend who was working down at the RAI in the south. anyone who read my last trip will know he is a big fan of noon so we arranged to meet there at 7:30, i got some chips and wondered down getting to noon right on time, grabbed a gram of bruce banner, which was nothing special, and a can of coke (real full sized can!)

my pal turned up and we went through a few of my strains, he also had some c5 haze and some g-13 so we smoked that too, his g13 was excellent so i brought some myself!

after the football had finished we went for a walk up to funkey monkey where i grabbed 2 grams of rolex og, knowing from previous trips that this is good. again a lovely OG taste and big power that we are used to.
a couple of hours passes as we go up in smoke, come about 11 its my pals bedtime so off he goes to get a tram back to his digs. i go into 1e hulp and pick up a gram of strawberry banana the smoking room is full so i roll one on the counter and head off back towards centrum.

walked up past the blink and you miss it RLD on the singel, luckily i blinked! (not at all interested thanks ladies) and got to the top where i was greeted with the new “amsterdam coffee” shop.

i didn’t need anymore weed so i went in here and ordered a hot chocolate, sat down and had a good smoke on the sofa at the top of the stairs, the amount of people who came in asking to buy weed was unreal, maybe calling it a coffeeshop wasn’t the best idea? anyway nice place to finish the night up and i eventually rolled back to my hotel and into bed. end of a very successful day 1.

DAY 2

i open my eyes from a interrupted sleep at around 7 but somehow (bedroom window overlooks the very top of warmoestraat) ended up dozing for another hour, when i saw 8:00 i jumped out of bed, rushed to shower and shave for the day ahead.
I roll a joint from my very small stash (if theres 2 grams there id be surprised) and ran out to the street skipping breakfast. i smoke my joint walking towards the plug hoping to get a look at some other bits and actually sit and chill for a-bit, they aren’t open when i arrive so i head up toward central wondering where to go and what to do.
I choose coffeeshop amsterdammed for my real wake and bake, i ordered a gram of strawberry banana and a coffee which i enjoyed while sitting in the window watching the world go by. i love this city!
Drank 2 coffees and smoked my strawberry banana, rolled something else for the walk and stepped back outside, the city truly buzzing (gotta be 10:00 by now) walking through the centre back towards warmoestraat which incidentally has been ground zero for me since my first trip to the dam. found myself, nipped in to take a look at the testing tuesday which smelled ok kinda fruity and i would say had a sativa effect “2 grams please” no bother.

Now every time I’ve been to Amsterdam I’ve wanted to go to check out hot ballon, the problem is the people I’m usually with aren’t the most able (like my 65 year old uncle) and struggle with the amount of walking i usually do, let alone walking all the way out there, however this time I’m alllllll alone haha
headphones on, google maps set, music playing spliff rolled, nice little walk, 20 mins or so and I’m there.

I didn’t mention any connection to the forum as i wanted to be totally impartial. the drinks were cheap enough anyway so i didn’t mind buying them. I did however mention to the blonde lady who served me that I had been told by “friends” that this is the place for clean weed, she told me “we are all connoisseurs here so we get only the best products for our customers”

She wasn’t lying!

GSC solid nugs covered in trichomes white clean ash 10/10
super orange glue again 10/10 had that baby sick aroma (love it or hate it thats what it is) which gave way to a gluey flavour, brilliant!
She recommended the grateful breath said its a very nice flavour nothing like the smell. again a beautiful smoke
i paid for my purchase and asked for a coffee, got buzzed through to the smoking room and took a seat at the big table. rolled myself a joint sat back and relaxed, after smoking my first joint i realised i was still without coffee, maybe i didn’t pay for it? so i went to the counter and before i could ask the blonde budtender apologised and said my coffee will be with me in a while, i asked if she had smoked already today and she said yes that grateful breath, which is what i had just smoked so we spent a moment comparing notes on that

I must say het balloonetje is probably the best coffeeshop i have visited yet. they really did make me feel welcome

Just before i left i grabbed 2g of the tangie, which if I’m honest was a disappointment as it wasn’t as clean as the rest, like the gelato it wasn’t black but wasn’t as white as everything else, i ended up mixing it wish hash in a big blunt that evening, it didn’t go to waste!

Once again i find myself in a position of lots of weed therefore no reason to visit another coffeeshop. i slowly walked through town enjoying the sun eventually finding myself outside the Rijksmuseum i quickly snapped the obligatory iamsterdam selfie then found a nice little bit of grass that some people know as Vondelpark, perfect place to spend a hot sunny afternoon smoking!

Time flys on and the next thing i know my pal is calling me again from noon, so i pop over and we sit there and smoke up enjoying more world cup football. he left me at around 11 so i walked up to 1e hulp (fancying some hash) and got a gram each of gorilla glue and strawnana both were deserving of their cup winning spots.

Packed as usual in 1e so i went for a couple of cokes and a few spliffs down at the back of hill st blues and after that im ready to call it a night.

DAY 3

Awake at around half 7, get up and go straight for amsterdammed to smoke a wake and bake, brought a coffee and asked nicely if it was ok to sit upstairs, the lady smiled and said of corse, so i didn’t have to buy any weed there then, result! Quick coffee and a joint then came back to the hotel for breakfast, shower and check out. am invited to leave my bag but i decline as its a fairly light backpack.

I decide that since its my last day and i did walk 17.9 miles yesterday (according to the app on my iPhone) that i will keep it simple today, het balloonetje is my destination so again headphones on away i go. its a beautiful day so i sit on a bench near the botanical gardens smoking a joint and watching people, mainly student types, rushing around preparing for their day ahead.

As I walk into HB the blonde lady from yesterday instantly recognises me and we start chatting about the bits that i took, i told her how impressed i was at the quality of their strains, she thanked me and threw a lighter, some papers and some tips my way, Thanks for that <3

Today i pick the mango sapphire for myself and am recommended the raspberry cough, smoked upstairs on my own quiet and relaxed just how i like it! both strains were very tasty and clean, the mango was practically covered in trichs, great quality.

After sitting upstairs for what must have been 3 hours i grab another gram of each, along with a gram of 24k gold and head back in to town, i land down at batavia at around 13:30, a few cokes, a fantastic burger and a-lot of smokes later and i’m down to my last joint, i pack everything else away and head for the train station, its now 15:50 and my flight is at 18:40. i get straight on the sprinter to schipol and am sat outside the airport enjoying my last joint just in time for 4:20

A very uneventful flight to Edinburgh and its straight to work at the royal highland show.

I fully enjoyed trawling around Amsterdam on my own feeling very free and easy, the cannabis quality was fantastic this time and i fully look forward to visiting again soon.

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
LLMReb

Re: Me Myself and I June 2018

Post by LLMReb »

Great read! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

LLMReb wrote: Sun 8th Jul 2018 08:34 pm Great read! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
thankyou, i really struggle with writing, compliments like that really make my day!

theres a few things that are definatly missing from this, for example at one point i was in MR K, cant remember what happened there :')
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Nice one dude really enjoyed reading that - and glad you found the Balloon. She's a gem alright.
Schroom

Post by Schroom »

this made me add the Balloon to my list for my trip in 2 weeks. thanks.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Well written. Makes me wishfully think of my bachelor days. Cheers.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 9th Jul 2018 12:28 pm Nice one dude really enjoyed reading that - and glad you found the Balloon. She's a gem alright.
hell yeah! will be back!!
Schroom wrote: Mon 9th Jul 2018 12:45 pm this made me add the Balloon to my list for my trip in 2 weeks. thanks.
glad to hear it, its a great shop!

titus wong wrote: Thu 12th Jul 2018 03:09 pm Well written. Makes me wishfully think of my bachelor days. Cheers.
thankyou, im no writer but i really enjoy talking about Amsterdam and our herb in general.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Willjay wrote: Sat 14th Jul 2018 04:25 am Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
i just cant believe i got from the runway to voyagers that quickly!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 14th Jul 2018 09:19 am
Willjay wrote: Sat 14th Jul 2018 04:25 am Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
i just cant believe i got from the runway to voyagers that quickly!
You were on a mission :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Nice read man, good to see someone hustling TRs on the regular!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
kalima

Post by kalima »

great read mate
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

Wonderful trip report, Shaggy! It must be nice to reach A'dam on a flight that doesn't take 9+ hours! I found that Mokum is a most beautiful place to go on long stoney walks, but I also enjoyed the quicker access to remote locations via bicycle on my last 2 visits.
titus wong wrote: Thu 12th Jul 2018 03:09 pm Makes me wishfully think of my bachelor days. Cheers.
I hear you, Titus. Since having kids, I pine for the days when I could aimlessly wander the straats of A'dam in a wonderful, bleary fog. Maybe by the time I can return, there will be senior citizen discounts at the coffeeshops.... :wink:
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Children are a blessing and create a different AMS experience than when I did not have children. What is ironic is that when I did not have children and would visit AMS, I didn't know a thing about this board. So I was always going on my own and experiencing AMS through my eyes (inexperienced toker). Since having kids, I've come to know a lot of nice people through this board (DLN, CCs, Lemming, Willjay, OFD, Kenshiro, RoMoney, Gapie, Pierre. Papi/Nathan420 - albeit only brief handshake), but when in AMS, I have such a limited time to meet that I feel bad about even trying to coordinate a T&T.

Honestly, hanging out in AMS with the children can and should be a lot of fun. The NEMO museum was a blast with a little one. And the parks are a lot of fun with them, too. They can run for hours around Vondel, and if they are little like mine, there is no better place than that children's park with the sandpit along the Brouwersgracht up from Siberie. So the entire trip is ironic b/c if you are like me, you want to meet new people who you have come to know from this Board, but at the same time you wonder what the family is doing at the park where you left them; when you are with the family at the park, you wonder what poster DLN is poking fun of, how many dozen joints the CCs have made in the last 15 min., where Kenshiro is buying his latest great purchase, if RoMoney just walked by where you are standing, if FoD is in town buying all the good hash, and, well, you know Gapie is at The Plug, etc.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

woodz60 wrote: Sun 22nd Jul 2018 04:45 pm Wonderful trip report, Shaggy! It must be nice to reach A'dam on a flight that doesn't take 9+ hours! I found that Mokum is a most beautiful place to go on long stoney walks, but I also enjoyed the quicker access to remote locations via bicycle on my last 2 visits.
titus wong wrote: Thu 12th Jul 2018 03:09 pm Makes me wishfully think of my bachelor days. Cheers.
I hear you, Titus. Since having kids, I pine for the days when I could aimlessly wander the straats of A'dam in a wonderful, bleary fog. Maybe by the time I can return, there will be senior citizen discounts at the coffeeshops.... :wink:
when you originally wrote this post your signature wasnt a blatent copy of mine. can we put it back like that please mate.