Amsterdam trip may 22

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
kalima

Amsterdam trip may 22

Post by kalima »

DAY 1
Traditionally I have always done a day trip to the dam for our "xmas works outing" although we don't go at xmas as we prefer the long days and warmer weather, but with covid stopping that for a couple of years I decided we should do an over night trip, and to be honest hotel prices were super reasonable, especially as we were only booking 3 weeks in advance .
So we decided to take the 1pm flight , rather than the usual first flight of the day and took the train to the airport rather than drive, to make thing super relaxed. had a big fat dab of some sour lemonade before leaving and that saw me throug h he train journey and immigration and most of the flight.. I must say it was an interesting flight ... firstly we were sitting in row 24 and a couple of people came up with seats in row 26... which wasn't there :shock: .. easyJet removed the last row of seats so they don't require the same amount of cabin crew but had still sold the seats :lol: :lol: .. luckily they found a couple of spare seats for them.
so we settle down, as I say I am still a bit toasty from the dab , and then the pilot comes on the tanoy and starts with the usual announcements but then goes "due to the weight on the plan today please don't move about during the flight and only 2 people are allowed to queue for the toilets ... so I of course find this highly amusing and an half expecting to do a few loop the loops if 4 people head to the toilet at the same time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
we arrive safely and to a very empty immigration hall :thumbup: so we speed through and jump on a train to the centre .
we had panned on going to coffeeshop Amsterdam first, as we had never been but it looked like it was a chilled place to go and I fancied trying the grapefruit superstar as the first smoke of the day... well we got there and it was only buy and fly and no superstar on the menu , so that put paid to that.
so we headed off via the supermarket to Bagherra and ordered a coffee and 1g of the lemon bubble, there was only a choice of that or mimosa on the sativa side ... ok lemon taste and subtle high, although my colleague thought it was stronger than me .
Our hotel was down by Vondle park so we stopped of at the original Damkring, as I had had some amazing smokes there in the past and like there general vibe. Had a chat with the friendly bud tender , I said I was after the Mexican haze or the ceres Hilton, as I had heard good things. he recomended the ceres over the Mexican and with that and the smell I went for it and I also picked up the manquillo hash.
I did say in my review that I was very disappointed with the ceres Hilton , strong spicy taste and smell for first few pulls on my vape and then nothing.. didn't really notice any effect either. the hash I enjoyed but my friend didn't, she found the taste a little too sharp for her, but I enjoyed it.
As time was getting on, we headed off to our hotel to drop our small amount of luggage off , had a lovely walk through the street, so many plants and flowers out and some stunning wisteria growing and flowering, a really lovely walk and probably took us way longer than it should have done but my friend does like taking pictures. checked in , grabbed a quick cup of tea, we are British :lol: and then out for dinner at Dear Mama...
After dinner and a couple of alcoholic White Russians we headed off to coffeeshop Johny's to pick up before going to a reggae night at the Kashmir lounge.
At Johnny"s we smelt a few things and we decided the kosher Kush and the Amazing, both smelt great but so had the previous 2 purchases and I hadn't been impressed with them so was a bit dubious but the bud tender/owner? was super friendly and helpful and will return next time I am out that way.
Arrived at the Kashmiri lounge, which was quiet bar a few regulars, everyone was super friendly to us and we ordered a couple of watermelon mojito's and sat and smoked a couple of blunts. Amazing was first joint I really tasted this trip and had an effect but the kosher was bar far the standout with taste and effect...thank you Johnny's ... and it was so nice to be able to sit down with a blunt and a drink listening to some good music.
Before we knew it was about 12 , so we decide it was time to wander back to the hotel via Vondle park, a fun walk through the streets delayed by a couple of cats that obviously sleep in shop window display, that my stoned and slightly pissed friend found highly cute and amusing and worthy of quite a few pictures

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Amsterdam trip may 22

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Nice report so far, thanks. It sounds like you and your friend had a nice time, finishing off lovely at kashmir and then through Vondel home. For a couple of regulars at the uptown piggy and kashmir lounge fans, that sounds like a very familiar trip 😁👍
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: