Yo-Yo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Yo-Yo

I like Yo-Yo
88%
I don't like Yo-Yo
12%

Total votes: 50

RvanSteensel

Re: Yo-Yo

Post by RvanSteensel »

went here 2 weeks ago , when i arrived the BT just went gone , saw the back in 5 minutes sign and she was back in 5

tried frisian dew , and 5$ of all 3 hashes
all 3 hashes were boof , and i think the frisian dew was last years :(

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Yoyo: "Honey Hash," €5/0.6g. This is my first time visiting this specific shop. I arrived reasonably early and was the only one there. Rather oddly, there is day care outside, and parents were arriving to drop off their kids. Served by a nice older woman who took her time to show me the selection of hash. When I arrived she was locking up her bike inside the shop, which looked to be a top quality bike, not that I could manage cycling whilst high

I looked at the 3 hashes they had on offer. I chose the Honey hash as it look a bit more Carmel in colour than the others. Again, I love being able to get half a gram and try more hashes, so that is certainly a plus.

I enjoyed this whilst listening to a bit of music and watching the ensuing chaos of daycare drop-off, thinking it was utterly bizarre that I could sit and smoke openly in the middle of the day. Real reminder that life goes on and this was a normal Tuesday for many residents of the Netherlands. Sometimes I think that is lost when cruising around the central canal belt. My friends were still in bed, so it was nice to chill out and enjoy a new shop myself for a change.

The hash itself was good—it was an older style hard-pressed Moroccan hash with medium strength and more of an incense flavor. Personally I like the earthy incense flavour but this was not quite top quality, not that it made much difference as I enjoyed my coffee and rolled another. The shop itself was great, feels like you are in a large living room and I’d revisit just to avoid the bustle of central shops.

8/10
Atmosphere - Chilled out shop, chilled out service away for the hustle and bustle. Will revisit with partner.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Yo-Yo dated 9 June 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Alf.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html

Freewheeling

Post by Freewheeling »

I had a brief stop by here today and really liked it. As I expected from all the other comments it has a lovely relaxed feel to it, a bit more like I remember from the 90's! The menu appears to be the same or very similar to the one that wasn't posted by the monk a while back.
There is quite a small room, with maybe 3 tables, by the door where smoking is allowed, and a much bigger room where they serve from where it's no smoking or vaping at all, only coffee drinking. Because the smoking room is small and the only people who use it like a cafe have (presumably) come to consume some weed too it gets pretty busy rather quickly.
I picked up some Fresian Dew and some Haze, both outdoor grown. I've not tried the Haze yet but the Fresian is nice. Neither of them have the really strong smell that always seems to come with indoor grown weed. I had a vape of the Fresian with a tea but I really couldn't stay long as it was rather smokey, especially with tobacco. I had almost forgotten just how much weed tends to be used with tobacco. Some parts of Amsterdam are clearly rather more relaxed about the whole tobacco thing than I'm used to!
I would definitely go back if I was in Amsterdam, and much more so if there was somewhere that I could have a vape without having to put up with the tobacco smoke.