The Crow 2.0 (The Hague)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Crow

I like The Crow
No votes
I don't like The Crow
No votes

Total votes: 0

aVeryOldLady

The Crow 2.0 (The Hague)

Post by aVeryOldLady »

ACD page: The Crow 2.0

My first trip to the Netherlands outside of Amsterdam brought me to The Hague.
The Crow 2.0 was one of the shops on my list and the closest to our hotel so we decided for it as our destination for the first evening. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. When we came in, the menu was larger than I thought, I spotted G13 for 12€/g which was my very first smoke in the Dam and Enemy of the State, an old Bluebird favorite of mine. So asked the budtender if we can get half a g of two different strains each and he said no problem. Then asked for the G13 but they were out so decided for a full g of Enemy of the State instead. The budtender was in a little glass cabin, but he even pushed a little nug through for me to smell it.
Then we went into the smoking room which was packed with approximately 20 - 30 people. Started rolling when suddenly two people left so grabbed their seats. I noticed we were the only tourists in there, the rest were all locals who were rather young and knew each other. They didn't pay attention to us, though, as there was so much stuff to do around. I saw a Playstation 4, a couple of TVs with sports on, a billard table, a soccer table, a snack and a drinks machine, a table with an electronic card game on top of it, cards for games, and so on.
The weed was kinda fruity with a hint of spice, but not intense. The buds were dry, almost too dry. Actually wanted this for a gentle stone and G13 to induce a heavier stone for bed time but it blew us away. First smoke of the trip, you know. :D After an hour, I would have been ready to take on the other half of the g, but by then I was already laying in my bed at the hotel. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
We walked by this shop at 11am next morning and it just opened so the information on Google that it does not open before 4pm might be wrong.
The night after that we wanted to go to Dizzy Duck. But we were running really late, so we decided to come here again as it was the closest to our hotel. Different budtender who was able to offer me some G13 this time. So half a g for 6€ of that as I still had the other half g from the night before. The menu does also show the indica/sativa ratio of each strain and their G13 supposedly was 10% indica/90% sativa. As I know G13 as a more relaxing strain, I became sceptical. But the budtender didn't give me a nug this time so I had to judge by look and it looked nice enough. He also explained to us that if we want to sit inside we usually have to spend 5€ per person, but it would be ok this time. Inside, a really young clientele again, hardly anybody above 30. Grabbed a drink and started with the half g of the Enemy of the State from the night before which burned way smoother than last time. After that, we were pretty baked again. Usually, it doesn't take that long to get used to the dosage, but hey, we've only smoked one joint before this one so far. :D
When I noticed that it was almost 11pm (supposed closing time), we still hadn't tried the G13. So I skinned up half of the half (0,25g) for a quik smoke as it was only a couple of minutes until closing time and I know coffeeshops in Amsterdam to be exactly on time regarding that aspect. When I smelled it, I noticed notes of citrus more than an earthy aroma. It also had a citrus flavor so I suspected that this strain is not G13 but G13 Haze instead. Actually, I was after relaxing strains like the original G13. It tasted better than the Enemy of the State though with a pretty fast and uplifting onset. The two Dutch guys we were sitting with left and the budtender came over lighting one up. Struck up a conversation with him and asked whether his G13 is actually G13 Haze. He said it is, but his menu sign cannot display it. Busted. :) It was still a nice smoke. Funnily enough I cannot remember having ever tried this ubiquitous combination. The G13 hd me all chill but the haze acted really uplifting. We talked to the budtended about some other stuff as well and played cards afterwards.
This time around, I also noticed a self service coffee machine which can also be used to make tea, a cigarette machine (nobody but us was smoking pure, but I was glad to have a place where I can smoke so that was all that counted) and a volcano vaporizer. When we left, it was around 11:30pm and there were still a lot of people inside. So it seems like it is open longer than it says on the internet.
I am actually more impressed with the G13 Haze than with the Enemy of the State, although I need yet to find a heavy indica.
All in all, a nice coffeeshop with friendly staff in a niece quiet neighborhood right by a canal. People who don't like tobacco smoke or a younger clientele should avoid this shop, though.

Will also add a picture of the front of the shop and a rather blurry menu pic when I get home and don't forget to do it.

aVeryOldLady

Re: The Crow 2.0 (The Hague)

Post by aVeryOldLady »

The menu is a little blurry, unfortunately. It is:

Snowwhite 9€/g
White Widow 2 9€/g
Crystal Haze 14€/g
White Kush 10€/g
Bubble Kush (I think) 10€/g
can't read 12€/g
Doctor Haze 12€/g
Silver Haze 12€/g
Amnesia 10€/g
Bubble 10€/g
White Widow 1 10€/g
Special 8€/g
AMG 10€/g
Casey Jones 12€/g
Choco Kush 10€/g
Dieses Haze 10€/g
G13 (which is actually G13 Haze) 12€/g
Moby Dick 10€/g
Santa Maria 9€/g
Blueberry Cheese 12€/g
Purple Haze 15€/g
Enemy of the State 10€/g
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I almost feel as though I've been there, and it's one I didn't notice. Good choice of green, but the hash selection looks a tad dull.

So one WW is 70/30, and the other 30/70? Intriguing.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Crow in The Hague dated 9 February 2024, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by DarioQuattro87

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/cs-crow.html

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Crow in The Hague dated 17 April 2024, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by DarioQuattro87

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/cs-crow.html