Gordon Brown PM backs re-classifying cannabis

Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Thanks for the update, Tall Guy. Where do these politicians get some of this crap!? :lol: For example (at the bottom of the article):
""Young people are literally dicing with their minds and futures," she told BBC News.

"And if you have ever seen someone who has taken heavy cannabis and gone on a trip from which they have never really returned...""

When are these people gonna get real?! When are they going to stop lying to the people? They must think we (cannabis smokers) are really stupid and believe all their lies. Most of us already know what is the governments' agenda; to cater to the corporations and special interest groups. Their agenda sure isnt to look out for the average person. I say IMPEACH the lot of them! Peace n Pot.

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
echc1

Post by echc1 »

just saw it on bbc and itv text news.........hmmm but if he overrides official recommendations and the wishes of the people isn't that dictatorship? then again the grinning fool that was there before him did.......russia had stalin and the kgb we got blair and brown and the highest level of cctv in the world
echc1

Post by echc1 »

puffin just check the govts flawed and misleading "ask frank" campaign ....pure propaganda!!!! the ukcia have already pick out major flaws in the anti cannabis campaign.............but remember kiddies according to frank" if you lose it on cannabis,that's it!!"
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

Those ads make my blood boil :evil:

Mentally ill people smoke weed too, that's the only real story.

Did the milk on their cornflakes make them crazy too? ban milk just in case!
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

echc1 wrote:just saw it on bbc and itv text news.........
Teletext news when you have the net? :shock:

That's properly old-skool :lol: Reeeeespek.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

daily routine....tea,pee,check ye olde text news then on to the music channels....yeah i know too much info but i'm getting to be an old fart at 40 lol................but also i don't like the news styles on my puter lol....by the way i stay self employed as i refuse to do a drug test as this is an invasion of my privacy! i don't do it at work and neither do i pry into their alcoholic lives as what i do outta work is my business.......and always straight and sober when i go to work,unlike some the next day after a session in the pub and take to the road the next day still over the limit.........1,000,000 miles+ and a 100% safety record and a clean license!!!
Puffin13

UK committee downgrades cannabis danger

Post by Puffin13 »

UK committee downgrades cannabis danger

Amsterdam News.Net
Thursday 3rd April, 2008

Prime Minister Gordon Brown of the UK has been angered by his drugs advisory board who have voted against his desire to tighten cannabis laws.

The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs has concluded that cannabis should remain on the lowest classification of restricted drugs.

Mr Brown announced in July that the government was considering a return to a higher classification for cannabis after concerns were raised about the potential mental health effects of stronger variants of the drug, which are being cultivated by hydroponics methods.

At his monthly press conference on Tuesday, Brown said there was a stronger case for sending out a signal that cannabis was "not only illegal but it is unacceptable".

On its present classification, police do not arrest adults caught in possession of cannabis, except in cases such as repeat offending.

Smoking the drug in public or having the drug near premises used by children can still render users liable to heavy penalties.

Source
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
echc1

Post by echc1 »

well you guys were right.....advisory council say leave it at "c" but brown says "b"....seems the guy won't take advice,bit like mugabe......2 of a kind there :evil:
user54321

Post by user54321 »

Dunno, comparing Brown to Mugabe is p'raps a bit much :lol:

He's a fuckwit of the highest order though... imagine getting angry when people who know more than you tell that you that you're wrong. Knowledge gives strength to the arm, you would think a man in his position should really know that.
highdro

Post by highdro »

Dont know much about about politics , kinda live by the motto their all as bent and as bad as eachother, its only when a issue close to my heart pops up i take much notice.

This guy cannot get back in, hes only in by default ffs. His petulent and obtuse reaction to this , a subject he knows f.a. about says it alll really.

" Any person that makes up their mind before hearing all the issues is a fucking idiot. Theres things im conservative about , theres things im liberal about. Crime , im conservative. Prostitution, im liberal. "
chris rock :D

This has reminded me of the fact that parliament is the one place exempt from smoking ban. pricks.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Obviously our main man Gordan knows exactly whats good for us, im glad the people of england voted him in....wait.... :roll:

wheres blunket when you need him, the blind dude was the only one that ever saw sense.
highdro

Post by highdro »

yeah and good ole judge pickles.