Old Church

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate the Old Church

I like the Old Church
67%
I don't like the Old Church
33%

Total votes: 102

angry pirate

Re: Old Church

Post by angry pirate »

All good man. Have you tried Greenhouse lounge for food? Nice salads and pasta...
I've got the menu at home, i'll try and post a pic later if i get time. 8)

ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Great post AP :wink: still PMSL at the dive coffeeshop !! You want food how about Barneys lounge , or GH as AP mentioned ? Both plush establishments damn I would even go as far as saying Paradox (I like it but some peeps complain about the toilet) Damn there are loads of nice CS the Greenhouse chain (personally not a fan since I was ripped off) even the Dampkrings , and that's chain stores add Barneys chain too ! Then you have yer independents Pappilon etc

As I say it's great that you accept shoddy service and basically get told what to buy , I personally prefer the full customer experience ie: buy what I want (if I like the look/smell) I am not obligated to buy and have on occasion left a shop but that should be my decision :wink:

Enjoy Old Church cause it ain't for me :mrgreen:
-
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

hahaha Chill man chill having a bit of fun, overraction much. Will gladly meet up with you for a smoke if I have the time. (going with the wifey and will be quite busy.) :)
but yeah Old Churh is a hole, pity too the location is first rate.
piedpiperofvice
Location: tree city usa midwest..visits to the dam...not nearly enough

Post by piedpiperofvice »

@hasanyoneseenmypipe . name the time and place and i will try to get a meet and toke together for some acd members. gapie is almost always ready to meet. i met him last trip in dec . the others did not show because they had trouble with their flights. it was during the big snowstorm last year(well big for amsterdam). think i noticed you like voyagers . in my 3 trips i have never been to voyagers and i am told they have some good gear.always looking to meet fellow smokers of the acd. have a fantastic trip. in amsterdam an easily met goal
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Believe it or not mate I have never been to Voyagers, I just trust the guys opinion here. I am also staying there. if I can meet up I will post or PM you and you can then smoke me under the table. Yeah Amsterdam is not the hardest place on Earth to have a good time. :D
theverve

Re: yes

Post by theverve »

Valo wrote:Does anybody know whether Old Church still sells 'Ice Skunk'? I bought this strain back in july 06 (was €12,50 for 1.9g) and it was one of the best strains I have had in Amsterdam.....had everything: smell, look, taste, texture and stone!

Any lastest news on this strain would be much appreciated. But if you are in the area, it is well worth the trip if it is of same standard.
as of 2/9/11 yes they still sell ice skunk and its lovely
spankyspangler

Post by spankyspangler »

I liked the old church a nice place,and if your lucky enuff to be aloud upstairs its even nicer.they have some nice murals up there.
smokeze

Post by smokeze »

this is in my opinion not a good shop,
bought discount bag jock horror 4.5g 25€, looked good, had no smell,
and the fucking weed dont burn, the ashes become rock hard, lol.

like thy say in my language (dutch) = kutshop man.

grtz smokeze.
weed will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times
of no weed
Old'skool Paul

Post by Old'skool Paul »

Lets get things correct before we continue......
Read the previous posts on the weed.Think of its location.Its been a c.s for a longtime!Why?location.thats all
ONE OF THE WORSE C.S IN THE CITY!YUK :evil:
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

The place ain't that bad, it's well (sleazily, some might say) located, with more decent hash than weed AFAIK...

nice blonde budtender, if you ask to smoke your own but buy some Loozas or something, she'll be cool with it in my experience. And if not, people need to understand that it's a business they're running... you don't brink your own steak to a restaurant (or at least I don't)

Music can be pretty awful though
treetop

Post by treetop »

LionofJudah wrote:The place ain't that bad, it's well (sleazily, some might say) located, with more decent hash than weed AFAIK...

nice blonde budtender, if you ask to smoke your own but buy some Loozas or something, she'll be cool with it in my experience. And if not, people need to understand that it's a business they're running... you don't brink your own steak to a restaurant (or at least I don't)

Music can be pretty awful though

Yeah it is wise to ask here. Politely and with a smile. It works. Order a drink. Maybe a muffin. They aren't that bad.

It is a lovely location on a leafy day outside the speckled cobblestones and a fresh wind blowing the stale air away. Lots of opportunities for people watching and a good place to get talking to other tourists. Last time i was there I got talking to a prostitute having a drink on her way to work. She was fun to talk to, shared my joint with her and wished her a good day. She said she commutes to Amsterdam from england to work which i found fascinating.

Upstairs is nice enough but the stairs are hard to get down when stoned. Be warned. The toilet is basic too - no lid to sit on.
How much did you produce?
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

We'll be dropping in here during our trip , wouldn't be my choice but 1 of my mates used to love the place & wants to go back & see how much it's changed .
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
smokeze

Post by smokeze »

this shop has to close in september 2012.
its a shame to see another shop go, but i dont mind ks i dont like the shop at all!
FUCKING TOURIST TRAP; LOL

grtz smokeze.
weed will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times
of no weed
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

smokeze wrote:this shop has to close in september 2012.
Any idea why :?:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
smokeze

Post by smokeze »

ftcarer wrote:
smokeze wrote:this shop has to close in september 2012.
Any idea why :?:
i dont now for shure but i think for overlast (look it up, cant say in englisch)
i saw it on tv.
and the red lights are gonna decrease massive.

grtz smokeze
of no weed