Empire, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Empire

I like Empire
55%
I don't like Empire
45%

Total votes: 11

Iko

Empire, Haarlem

Post by Iko »

ACD Page: Empire

Empire Coffee Shop is a nice little locals shop in downtown Haarlem located feet away from there large outdoor Saturday market.
A mid sized shop with a pool table in the back along with a TV showing football.
Tables and boothes up front and stools and tables outside.
The menu has not changed that i can tell in the last year and that includes the prices.
Most of the top shelf weed is 1.8gram bags for 12 eu, and more common weeds are 6 eu per gram.
Last year i tried the house special, and was planning on doing so again but the menu had an asterisk beside the White Widow indicating an especially strong batch.
So i got 1g Silver Pearl ( 6 eu ) and 1.8 grams W. W. for 12 eu.
The silver pearl was beautiful, an uplifting, smile inducing "walking" stone.
The Widow was just that, was suffocatingly strong and quite a trippy buzz.
The W.W. looked tasted and acted nothing like the much more mellow version from Rokerij.
This is an awesome C.S. and worth the trip for this shop alone.
I also purchased one of there T-shirts for 5 eu.

Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

If you are in Haarlem, could you do me a favor and see if Birdy's is still closed?
I think they get to open back up but I don't know when.

Real sketchy bust if it went down the way I heard.

While I'm running you around town, see if WW Indica and the Adrian are
up to snuff.

Enjoy Haarlem, I do
FlyByNite
Paco

Post by Paco »

Birdy is still closed until September, from what I ve heard.
Wat is er aan de hand?!
Kingdoc

Re: Empire ( Haarlem )

Post by Kingdoc »

Bought some cheese cross from here! paid 15 euro for 1.6 grams,,, Have to say it was a decent smoke! wouldnt have got a deal like that in amsterdam thats for sure! nice cosy place & dead easy to find,KD.
Mint

Post by Mint »

was here thursday.

the weed was shit. end of
Mint
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Mint wrote:was here thursday.

the weed was shit. end of

No your weed was s**t!
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Actually Mint is right, the weed he got was pretty poor. I had the Amnesia which was ok but nothing special. Maybe our timing was out on the last jolly, but in many shops we visited it felt as if sourcing high quality weed has been difficult recently.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Bifton wrote:Actually Mint is right, the weed he got was pretty poor. I had the Amnesia which was ok but nothing special. Maybe our timing was out on the last jolly, but in many shops we visited it felt as if sourcing high quality weed has been difficult recently.

Maybe if you opened you wallet a bit further you would have got something decent! if you pay peanuts you can expect monkeys! KD.
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Kingdoc wrote:
Bifton wrote:Actually Mint is right, the weed he got was pretty poor. I had the Amnesia which was ok but nothing special. Maybe our timing was out on the last jolly, but in many shops we visited it felt as if sourcing high quality weed has been difficult recently.

Maybe if you opened you wallet a bit further you would have got something decent! if you pay peanuts you can expect monkeys! KD.
So what you are saying is if I pay more than they are asking, I will get a better product?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Kingdoc wrote:

idiot lol... was you there ? No.
on that day we went in, the weed was poor. wether it is top quality usually i wouldnt know but on that day it was shit... nothing to do with wallets and paying peanuts, i pay what they ask for. end of.
Mint
Jah Rasta

Post by Jah Rasta »

Kingdoc wrote:

Shut up you mug, you're another one of these wallys that looks at Holland and their weed through rose tinted glasses, you know nothing. And as for your "if you pay peanuts you can expect monkeys", pipe down pal, if we have to listen to arseholes like you, we're bound to hear shit.
..for those that like to groove..
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Has anybody had a recent experience of this shop? Not long until I return to Haarlem, having walked past last time I was wondering if it's worth popping in.
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Spaldwickapeface

Well I checked this place out this month but I was not overly impressed. It's easy to find just up the street from the Grote Markt so easy to find, there is plenty of seating both inside and out. I went up to the counter and had a look at the prices, they had gone up slightly since the last menu photo was taken but still cheap. My friend and I had a look at a couple of strains and some of the hash but we were not impressed, it's cheap for a reason. So neither of us parted with any money and left
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Spaldwickapeface wrote:Well I checked this place out this month but I was not overly impressed. It's easy to find just up the street from the Grote Markt so easy to find, there is plenty of seating both inside and out. I went up to the counter and had a look at the prices, they had gone up slightly since the last menu photo was taken but still cheap. My friend and I had a look at a couple of strains and some of the hash but we were not impressed, it's cheap for a reason. So neither of us parted with any money and left

Its a locals joint mate! buy & fly!!!
Spaldwickapeface

Went back in on the last trip, NO BUY JUST FLY, not worth the time or effort go to Birdys