UK Student Riots

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Marco

UK Student Riots

Post by Marco »

Wow....just watched Sky News. What is going on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11726822

CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

absolutly NOTHING is going on.

one window kicked in. what was a pretty peacfull and legal protest isnt interesting enough for TV, so they have to loop that one incident.

also on a side note, these students are protesting the fact the that the government is going to cut the amount of subsidising for univeristy fees, thus students will have to pay more of their own way for education, whether thats right is your own opinion....... what makes me laugh is. 99% of students go to university to get a qualification, so they can earn more money in the real world..... and cunting leftists and anarchists jump into the argument, claiming to be on the side of the students, when most students are model capitalists in the making.
Trips to the 'dam: 27
Boner

Post by Boner »

Typical students that have nothing better to do.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Boner wrote:Typical students that have nothing better to do.

:lol: so true boner. When they are not pissing down dark streets every night of the week thet are out making knobs of themselves on TV, I had to laugh at the student leaders saying that the violence was sickening :roll: They obviously were not in Rwanda circa 1994.
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

scruffy bastards if that was at football the old bill would be crackin heads
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

I was a student in graphics, etc, years ago.
There was a similar protest in my time that simply consisted of all the students and lecturers congregating outside local government offices which soon lead to local pubs for a day off, but nothing like this riot.

EDIT
I take it none of you have student loans here?
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Now I'm curious......

Anyone here got a degree? or even an HND? or letters after their name?

EDIT

LOL
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

just seen this on news :lol: real good that, about time the uk got off its ass &had a decent (violent) protest, the rest of europe has been protesting the cuts for months, only in this right wing media country have the public been brainwashed into believing the poor should pay for the riches stupid gambles (btw the bankers are bact to normal now with their 600k bonuses a year :roll: ) banks should have stayed nationalised & the money they make each year is more than enough to sustain the debt, but no, we bailed them out but allowed the elites to continue owning them/collecting the profits &bleeding every1 else for every penny they got,
+@css, if it wernt for leftist & anarchists with their violence, we'd now be getting raped by the worlds biggest cunt (thatchers) poll tax,
in an ideal world protests would aways be peacefull, but they never ever work, oppresive governments only know violence & the bigger the better :D look at the anti iraq war protest, biggest protest ever seen in the uk, what did blair do, jack shit, probably laughed, but if they had used their 1million + numbers to overun police & take over the heart of london...........just like poll tax rioters tried to do but their numbers were small in comparison, they would have had zero choice of taking us to war,
i hear you on the students though being capitalist in the making :lol: vry hyprocritical,
btw, ive never protested anything in my life :lol: never felt strong enough about anything, so yes im the biggest hypocrite of them all :D
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

how can you have time to riot and take a full load of classes and work..
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Iko

Post by Iko »

Good for the students for not taking the governments shit.
How much is spent waging fucking war compared to what is given to subsidising students post secondary educations ?
$1000 to $1 is most likely a rediculously conservative estimate.
I do not condone the violence, but WTF guys, how can you sit on your fat asses knocking these students for sticking up for themselves ?
Some of you lot are really pathetic.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

hahaha fat arses av a word youth am 10 and a half stone
Iko

Post by Iko »

A "stone" is something you pull out of your garden, NOT a unit of measurement LOL.
You lot are as bad as the Americans with your archaic nonsensical units of measurement.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
bleak

Post by bleak »

CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY wrote:what was a pretty peacfull and legal protest isnt interesting enough for TV, so they have to loop that one incident.
Typical! gotta love the media :roll:
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

im sure youd like a load of idiot students runnin threw your town smashin it up , fuckinhell you cry over a bit of litter in amsterdam
dope_demand

Post by dope_demand »

This law if it was in place at the time would have probably priced my brother out of going to the uni he did (Imperial College).

Although what did he do with the degree he got from there? He works for a car hire company :roll: Basically because he was working there while studying, and once he got his degree they gave him a promotion with perks i.e. car etc to stay.

The police wont be cracking heads because of that guy that died last time there was agro when some tool decided to shove him to the floor despite the fact he had nothing to do with the protests!