Off-Topic Subforums

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Boner

Re: Off-Topic Subforums

Post by Boner »

I dont have a problem being the only mod but if you feel we need another one or someone really wants top be one as well I dont mind that either.

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Cool! Thanks for your help. How do you feel about more sub-forums and the rest of the stuff?

How does everyone else feel about it all?

Should we remove Mazdog as a moderator? Has anyone heard from him recently?
Boner

Post by Boner »

I think a seperate section for T&T's would be a good idea especially if FBN moderates it, as far as more sub forums here I personally dont see theres much need for anymore.

Haven't seen anything off Maz for ages, I think Azlaker knows him irl?
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Lemming wrote:Should we have a sub-forum within Travel Plans for Toke and Talks?
that's a good idea ... then there is just one place to go on the forum to see what T&Ts are happening ...
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

I like the off topic section much more now. Think you have it nailed. The TnT section could be a winner also..
Endure
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks guys. So we like the sub-forums but no great enthusiasm for more.

It'd be nice to see some more comments here. C'mon everyone, where are you hiding?
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

sub forums would be great, I agree with TnT and a travel report section with all the best ones sticky'd etc.
-Rasa
Balou

Post by Balou »

I quite like the setup of the off-topic forum though I rarely post there. I wouldn't mind seeing a TnT forum, it would make the organized meetups easier to find. I would also like to see an actually FAQ, there are so many questions that are asked repeatedly and very few take the time out to use the search.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
DrDiesel

Post by DrDiesel »

Im for a T & T section and also think a FAQ would be a great idea as so many new posters ask before looking and this would let boner have more time to post on other threads instead of having to repeat himself all the time :P :P :lol:
An Extra 4p a Pint? Your havin a laugh Mr Osbourne
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

So a sub-forum within Travel Plans for Toke & Talks is universally popular. I wonder whether FBN is up for it? Maybe he hasn't read this yet.

Talking of moderation, phpBB3 allows a lot more control so moderators can move posts, make threads sticky, even edit and delete posts.

The idea of further sub-forums within Off Topic seems to have met with indifference. Looking through "Other" I noticed quite a few threads that could have been in "Politics", if it existed. All of the birthday wishes, personal messages, Facebook links and so on could be in "Personal" or something. I dunno, any other suggestions or should everything else remain in "Other"?

Sorry, I don't really get the FAQ comments. The FAQ section is very prominent. If you can think of a question that's not covered, please post the question and the answer there.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Would the handful of you that read this shit like to suggest a snappier name for "Site News" so we might entice everyone else in please?
Thanks
Lem
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Lemming wrote:The idea of further sub-forums within Off Topic seems to have met with indifference. Looking through "Other" I noticed quite a few threads that could have been in "Politics", if it existed. All of the birthday wishes, personal messages, Facebook links and so on could be in "Personal" or something. I dunno, any other suggestions or should everything else remain in "Other"?
i think you have kinda answered your own question when you note the lack of response to your original question ... the "Other" stuff just isn't as important for acd members as strain/price/shop information

having lots of sub-forums makes navigation to the sub-forum that little bit more work, a flatter structure is easier to navigate ... i think that just having an "Other" is sufficient for our needs
Lemming wrote:Sorry, I don't really get the FAQ comments. The FAQ section is very prominent. If you can think of a question that's not covered, please post the question and the answer there.
since FAQ is the very first forum to appear on the Board index page i can only imagine the person making this comment was just too stoned at the time to see it there ... FAQ has served us well in the past (how to post pictures being the best example of a topic that has proved its worth)
Lemming wrote:Would the handful of you that read this shit like to suggest a snappier name for "Site News" so we might entice everyone else in please? Thanks, Lem
well "Site News" does exactly what it says on the tin ... the only thing i might suggest is moving it into Community so that it is at the top of the main index page ... then "Other" is just that ie all the rest of the minor stuff

if "Site News" moves to Community, then all the sub-forums in "Other" can move up a level and become forums in "Other" and the structure is then flatter and completely visible from the main Board index page
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

A separate T&T section would be alot easier to see things happenin when you are in town :wink:
-
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yeah, i only just seen this, and i like the idea a lot.

Separate T/T area would be good, so thumbs up.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
DC

Post by DC »

Lemming wrote:Would the handful of you that read this shit like to suggest a snappier name for "Site News" so we might entice everyone else in please?
Thanks
Lem

"Free drugs here" :?: :D

Stick the balou chap in a parka aswell. :idea: