S.N.P , nice one.

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Twichaldinho

S.N.P , nice one.

Post by Twichaldinho »

:lol: Alex Salmond is a Jambo!
Are my fellow Jocks happy, depressed, ambivalent :roll:
Personally, I feel quite chuffed....Mr Potato-head, I approve.

Last edited by Twichaldinho on Mon 9th May 2011 08:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endure
Rufus

Re: Freedom!!

Post by Rufus »

:lol: :lol: Mr Tattie head :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Rufus on Fri 31st Aug 2012 04:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vandaag is het begin van de rest van je leven
artymac

Post by artymac »

I've always been a fan of "Alex" as i found him to be honest and dignified, even when many people around the world questioned decisions that his party made.
Those who threw the mud, found that more often than not, more stuck on them and in some regard, this is still continuing with the present "Westminster" government.
They've done a good job for "Scotland" up until now and i will watch with interest and hope that this continues.
Dava

Post by Dava »

Thought I was watching braveheart when I saw thread title :-p

Btw twich, shop near me has got irn bru in glass bottles!! Ideal!
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Dava wrote:..Btw twich, shop near me has got irn bru in glass bottles!! Ideal!
The best size :mrgreen: ..us Scotchies call them Gless Cheks ( in Queens English, a glass cheque :lol: ) in reference to the 20p that you get back when you return the bottle :D
Ah, I remember the days of taking a polly bag of gless cheks to the Ice cream van for free stuff :lol:
Endure
Boner

Post by Boner »

All we need now is for the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become independant and stop scrounging off our taxes. ;)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Boner wrote:All we need now is for the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become independant and stop scrounging off our taxes. ;)
Haha, Fookin love it :lol: ..we will take our whiskey and oil, and fuck off quick fast....the Welsh can bring the leeks and wool for clothing.
Oh, and where does the money the tax man takes off me every fucking week go?

I don't think I'd actually vote for full independence tbh, nowt wrong with being a Scotsman, in the United Kingdom. Better to have a brother who pisses you off ( Ingerland ) than a cousin who kicks yer ass, and steals yer money ( Europe )
Endure
Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

Also, the problem with full independence is that for every pound Scotland sends south to London, it gets 5 back in return.

So it would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And you are right to wary of Europe. The punishing tariffs imposed by France (et al) were one of the reasons, Scotland decided to join the union a few hundred years ago.

Not to mention the freakin' trouble within the Eurozone, I woudn't wish that on any country. 20 different fiscal and monetary polices and only one currency...That is one recipe for disaster!

Note: My ancestors (on pop's side) were Scottish, but I think Scotland is stronger in Union than alone.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Boner wrote:All we need now is for the Scots, Welsh and Irish to become independant and stop scrounging off our taxes. ;)
Like the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish don't pay any taxes either. :roll:
Without us England would be a third world country and ye know it. :lol:
Dava

Post by Dava »

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
not to piss on your bonfire but for every pound scottish government send to england they get 5 in return?
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

From looking round tinternet, and asking around people who possess more braincells than I do, I've found that that is not so provable Dava. There is a suggestion that Scotland take more than we generate, but alot of things are not taken into consideration.
Also, from what I believe, if Scotland left the U.K, and let Brussels run us ( God Forbid ) we would be eligible for all sorts of subsidiaries until such times as we were thriving...I should stress though,,,,,I don't actually care, and am regretting starting this thread, as, I can see where its gonna go.....

In fact, I'm editing the title.
Endure
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Dava wrote:
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:
not to piss on your bonfire but for every pound scottish government send to england they get 5 in return?
ummmm I am N. Irish Dava, anyhoo makes a change from when you english types were plundering Africa and India of its riches. :P
spidergawd

Re: S.N.P , nice one.

Post by spidergawd »

ONE LOVEImage :D :D
What a long strange trip it is.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Re: S.N.P , nice one.

spidergawd wrote:ONE LOVEImage :D :D
Fear not I am just havin a little bit of fun. :D
winnie

Post by winnie »

ahem... there's something missing here