Top 10 Science-Related Marijuana Stories of 2011

Cannabis sans frontieres.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Top 10 Science-Related Marijuana Stories of 2011

Post by ed the head »

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... ories-2011

Yesterday (NORML) revealed The Top Ten “Reefer Madness” Stories of 2011. Today (they) continue our Year-End Retrospective with a look at the biggest news stories of scientific research into cannabis, public opinion polls on legalization, and statistical research on cannabis consumers. We call it The Top Ten Cannabis Science Stories of 2011. Tomorrow (they)’ll continue with The Top Ten “Stupid Stoner Stories” of 2011 and Friday we conclude with the The Top Ten People in Cannabis of 2011.

The Top Ten Cannabis Science Stories of 2011

10. The Carbon Footprint of Cannabis
9. Pot smokers are thinner and smarter than average
8. Two-thirds of patients surveyed substitute marijuana for prescription medications
7. Oxycontin is five times the “gateway drug” as marijuana
6. Drug testing is still unreliable, inaccurate, unnecessary, invasive, and counter-productive
5. For past two years, more Americans arrested for marijuana than all other drugs combined despite arrest protection for America’s One Million Legal Marijuana Users
4. Drug Czar claims medical marijuana makes more young people smoke pot, despite fewer teens smoking pot
3. The people really, really want to ask the President about the legalization of marijuana that half of them support
2. National Cancer Institute drama over anti-tumoral effects of cannabis
1. Colorado’s 5ng/mL per se DUID bill dies again as new research backs higher thresholds for regular users

He who tries to shine dims his own light