seedlings and lights

Including growing tips and questions.
n4tur3

seedlings and lights

Post by n4tur3 »

still fairly new to this but i have a few autos going right now in my tent and had my 400w hps on them. i just put a few more auto seeds down 2 days ago. was wondering if it would be ok to place the new girls in the shade of the bigger ones under the hps after they break soil. since they are all gonna be on the same light cycle i wasn't sure if that would be too much light n them. if so i was considering getting a few cfls. how many would be good to get 8 autos strong enough to put under the hps? sorry if these are easily answered. i did some searching and am a bit confused about how many i would need and how long to leave them under cfl before going to hps. the autos i have now were started in my window but its kinda cold now and i think it may have been a bit much for them as they took a while to get going. any help would be awesome.

Panog

Re: seedlings and lights

Post by Panog »

I put mine straight in the tent under the 400w, as soon as they break the ground
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Slam them under hps,24 hours....
rockin into the night
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

i used a 600w hps cool light first few times, but electric cost were rather high. brought a t5 veg light (65000k)
http://www.3ch.co.uk/grow-lights/fluore ... d_843.html
i had a couple of cfl i lent to mate and yields were poor. with the t5 (veg) 600hps (flower) got on average 2 and half oz per plant (pandora autos)done last 6 grows this way.good luck n4tur3
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

Put them as far away from the light as possible and move them closer over 2-3 days to ensure you don't shock them. Good luck with your grow.