Another massacre, this time 5-10 year old school children...

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

redeyezman

Re: Another massacre, this time 5-10 year old school childre

Post by redeyezman »

Marco wrote:Man, you have to be one of the worst informed people on ACD....
Would you quantify such a statement Marco? First you laugh at my views, then you applaud those views when it's played out on the stoop of an English home, now back to being hogwash. If I am the most ill informed then you certainly must be the most confusing/deceptive. I know for fact you like to deceive about your location and nationality, only because I've seen it. Nevertheless perhaps you are right. Perhaps this is not the place for me. Seems to be filled with people who resent a country founded by slave owners, but idolize the country who first made slavery trade profitable. Isn't that ironic? Don't ya think?

Shells sink. Dreams float.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Nimrod wrote:Yes, I suspect the kool kids do a lot of behind-the-back yakking on FB. Wouldn't know about that, as I'm anti-FB.

well here is another anti FB humanoid. (there are not too many of us!)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

redeyezman wrote:
Would you quantify such a statement Marco? First you laugh at my views, then you applaud those views when it's played out on the stoop of an English home, now back to being hogwash. If I am the most ill informed then you certainly must be the most confusing/deceptive. I know for fact you like to deceive about your location and nationality, only because I've seen it. Nevertheless perhaps you are right. Perhaps this is not the place for me. Seems to be filled with people who resent a country founded by slave owners, but idolize the country who first made slavery trade profitable. Isn't that ironic? Don't ya think?
You're a stoner who loves Amsterdam of course you belong here

I for one dont idolize or resent any country or people least of all my own, I've read too much history to blind myself with all that patriotism or whatever.

The Slave issue, well theres no clean hands there. The Africans themselves brought the potential slaves out of the interior, the Arabs did the wholesaleing on the coast and offshore Islands such as Zanzibar, Lorenco Marcs etc. And the Europeans, businessmen and traders that they were, did the shipping and retailing, and the end users and beneficiaries of these pitiful cargos of fellow creatures were ?

But that was long ago and America has confounded us all, as it periodically does, by electing Barack Hussein Obama......Twice.

I personally love America, for among many things it's dynamism, the genuine compassion of the American people when others are in trouble.: And the Grateful Dead and Neil Young and Lou Reed and.........................Cowbell etc. etc. etc. :roll: :idea: :wink:
What a long strange trip it is.
winnie

Post by winnie »

isn't Neil Young Canadian? ;)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Well spotted :oops:, how about Tom Petty then ? he's pretty OK too. :idea:
Marco

Post by Marco »

redeyezman wrote:
I am a dual US and EU citizen and I live in Amsterdam....show me the deception bro.

You are flat wrong about Switzerland, but cats like you love to throw out disinformation just to see who believes it.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

I'm not digging through a bunch of threads to find an example. I really don't care how you choose to portray yourself. Clearly you have the clout, and authority to repeadly, and consistently break the forum's golden rule.

What part about switzarland am I wrong on? If anyone googles "switzarland confederation" thousands of hits come up explaining the history. I got this piece of "misinformation" from watching final Jepordy, so if I'm not wrong about that part and if u think I am the burden of proof falls on you. Now maybe I am wrong about their gov'ment issuing riffles to homeowners, I will confess that I was watching a show about Swiss and I may have simply remembered wrong. Seems like they did something though... I'll have to see if I can find it again, because despite your claim I do not like to put out false info. I do question quite a bit so I could see how it could easily be misconstrued.

Is it possible that your resentment for US clouded you from apprechiating my comparison between the south and switzarland? Everything I say seems to deeply offend you, but I am not wrong regarding this nugget of info, so I can only assume such comparison offended you.

The libertarian plan? Take over the world, then leave everyone alone. LOL
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Without looking it up, I think it is that all Swiss people do military service and occasional training and it has historically protected it's neutrality (everyone needs a bank after all) and itself from outside aggression by having it's people armed and on call so to speak. It's an interesting concept which I think might have a lot to do with the logistics of defence in a mountainous territory. That is of course only my simple observation of it's place. :D

I also like Sesamy street, Hill street blues and Cagney and Lacy.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

spidergawd wrote:Without looking it up, I think it is that all Swiss people do military service and occasional training and it has historically protected it's neutrality (everyone needs a bank after all) and itself from outside aggression by having it's people armed and on call so to speak. It's an interesting concept which I think might have a lot to do with the logistics of defence in a mountainous territory. That is of course only my simple observation of it's place. :D
I also like Sesamy street, Hill street blues and Cagney and Lacy.
The Swiss have an active military of about 5% of their total force, the rest is Home Guard/Reserves.
It's during their term of service that they store and maintain a military/government issued weapon in their homes.
At the end of their service, they return the weapon(s). Some exceptions apply along certain border areas.
If there was a more perfect example of what the 2nd Amendment "was" all about, Switzerland is it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Switzerland

... :mrgreen:
gromit

Post by gromit »

guns dont kill people ,...people kill people ,....ill keep my guns and if you or anyone else comes to take them, will be shot on my door step,.....more people are killed by hammers in the u.s. then guns yearly,...lets ban hammers,..whats next steak knifes ,..pencils,...my fist,....stop tryin to steal my rights givin to me by my creator,..lets fix the mental health issues thats a start,..just smoke another bowl and chill,..... :mrgreen:
Marco

Post by Marco »

redeyezman wrote:I'm not digging through a bunch of threads to find an example. I really don't care how you choose to portray yourself. Clearly you have the clout, and authority to repeadly, and consistently break the forum's golden rule.

What part about switzarland am I wrong on? If anyone googles "switzarland confederation" thousands of hits come up explaining the history. I got this piece of "misinformation" from watching final Jepordy, so if I'm not wrong about that part and if u think I am the burden of proof falls on you. Now maybe I am wrong about their gov'ment issuing riffles to homeowners, I will confess that I was watching a show about Swiss and I may have simply remembered wrong. Seems like they did something though... I'll have to see if I can find it again, because despite your claim I do not like to put out false info. I do question quite a bit so I could see how it could easily be misconstrued.

Is it possible that your resentment for US clouded you from apprechiating my comparison between the south and switzarland? Everything I say seems to deeply offend you, but I am not wrong regarding this nugget of info, so I can only assume such comparison offended you.

The libertarian plan? Take over the world, then leave everyone alone. LOL
So you post stuff you read on Jeopardy as fact, cool beans. My issue with your 'opinions' is that they are largely based on tin-foil ideas, or as in this case, outright misinformation.

First, Switzerland is a confederacy in name only and has not been one since the late 19th century. As for weapons, all eligible men are part of the military until age 30, and do have an assault rifle at home, but since about 10 years, they are not issued any ammo. I know this because my mother's family is Swiss and I visit them regularly in Graubunden.

Anyway, you were wrong about both items. Right enough to be close, but wrong enough to be false.

The similarities between the South and Switzerland begin and end with the letter S, imho.
Marco

Post by Marco »

redeyezman wrote:I'm not digging through a bunch of threads to find an example. I really don't care how you choose to portray yourself.
In other words, you are bullshitting again. :roll:
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

gromit wrote:..stop tryin to steal my rights givin to me by my creator,..l:
wow
YOUR god gave you the right to kill?

guess we do not share the same creator.
Old Fart

Post by Old Fart »

gromit wrote:more people are killed by hammers in the u.s. then guns yearly,.
Not true. It's "More people are killed with hammers and clubs then are killed by Rifles yearly. Huge difference.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Wait so, because we are in the Internet/information age now there is NO creditable source for information? ...but I wear the tinfoil hat??Right... Jepordy seems like they are in the business of rewarding people for knowing true info. I did say they officially describe themselves as confederacy, so to say its only a formal name still seems like its 100% true. Sounds as though they still operate as a confederacy, but I don't doubt what you say about it not being official since 19th century. Official or not it sounds like they still operate or have culture of a confederacy. I guess Uncle Ron put it better than I did about switzarland being a perfect example of what the 2nd ammendment was about. That's what I was trying to communicate basiccly.

I am not trying to say the two cultures are identical. I understand people think the south is just a cesspool of bigotry, but some people also think Amsterdam is a cesspool of drugs, and whores... My guess is you do not have family/friends in the south? I am glad to report the bigotry dies a little with each new generation. Does that correct mistakes of the past? No. Is anything ever going to correct that? No. Have civil rights movements been successful? Yes. Should people declair victory, and move on to better things like education, and entupenureship? ......I say yes.....many will say no......