Currency exchange question

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
tbk420

Currency exchange question

Post by tbk420 »

---------------
Last edited by tbk420 on Thu 25th Oct 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

qahouaji

Currency Exchange

Post by qahouaji »

Your best bet is to use a currency exchange broker other than the bank. In some cases, they charge much less--maybe $2.00 as a flat rate. ESPECIALLY now, since the EURO is sky high and you want to get the exact rate that is sold at the stock exchange.

Don't waste your money on the bank. If you live in a large city, there will be several small brokers, usually downtown. They will give you a virtually face-value rate.

--Qahouaji
bb420

Post by bb420 »

If you are a member of AAA check with them for travelers checks in the currency of your choice. I think they do not charge a fee for the transaction and their exchange rate is either the money market rate or very close to it.
If not, I read somewhere on this forum that the post offices in A*dam will cash travellers checks in foreign currecy at a very reasonable exchange rate.
A little rebellion now and then is a good thing.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

The best rate i was able to find stateside was thru my local bank (wells fargo) . There rate was better than currency exchanges i found locally or online here.

I like converting a large chunk of cash before heading over,then just getting anything else i need out of the ATMs (my bank doesn't charge extra for overseas, just the normal 'out of network' ATM fee).
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
tbk420

Post by tbk420 »

-------------
Wijdan

Re: Currency exchange question

Post by Wijdan »

its time to hold dollor or shuld i sale it