Rosin Tech

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
BackInDam

Re: Rosin Tech

Post by BackInDam »

Papi_3city wrote:So that old haidstraightener some broad left at my house 4 years ago is gonna come in handy?:D
If it gets to 160-180 °C, yes.
If the iron is thinner than 1 inch, I wouldnt bother either.

Papi

Post by Papi »

BackInDam wrote:
Papi_3city wrote:So that old haidstraightener some broad left at my house 4 years ago is gonna come in handy?:D
If it gets to 160-180 °C, yes.
If the iron is thinner than 1 inch, I wouldnt bother either.

The iron is thick as hell, don't know about the temperature settings, but i'll check it out. Thanks
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

good video of remo and John Berfelo about Rosin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlq6j_qRvMA
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Dont go to high on the temps,to start with,or you will get a puff of strong smoke :( go low and move up
BackInDam

Post by BackInDam »

The higher the temps the darker the rosin will be. It will also be more gooey and thus harder to scrap off your parchment paper.
The bud starts to smell like vaped bud.

The guy in the video uses pretty similar temp and settings as me.
I suggest 160C for 8-9 seconds. Twice. Let it sizzle a bit.

I disagree with him about live rosin. Because live resin is still a different league than live rosin.
I will always prefer my shatter and waxes over rosin, but at times concentrates are hard to find in dam so this is a good alternative for many theorists hoped to try dabbing in Amsterdam.

I wonder if we will ever see rosin pop up on CS menus, but I doubt it.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

it´s a great way to produce concentrates without solvents in short time... it´s not "dangerous" to make that and u need not much weed for that of course :D Like in the video u get a "good" amount of Rosin from only one bud :shock:
Munkee

Post by Munkee »

What are the buds like after they have been 'rosin'd' a few times?, can you smoke them or are they garbage? what's the best ting to do with them?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Munkee wrote:What are the buds like after they have been 'rosin'd' a few times?, can you smoke them or are they garbage? what's the best ting to do with them?
blast them with butane. there's lots and lots of trichomes still waiting to be blasted. :shock: ;) nah, just kidding, or....? :lol:
i suppose smoke, or vape, or turn into edibles. there's still a fair amount of trichomes, considering density of course.
:mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

ROTFLMAO (Mr. CC rolling…)! One of the biggest stoner moments ever here guys, and one that has lasted for almost a decade as it seems..!

Just searched rosin on the forum to read up on some of the great tips you guys can give us and found the first mention of rosin, all the way back from june 2008 in a post from the “what are you smoking thread”… Turns out the first mention is not from the posters own stash, but from a poster on a Danish forum who showed of some dang impressive goodies (sadly the pictures have since gone from the server, remember them now and it was spectacular), among these rosin.

Well, as some might have guessed it was also at that time that we rediscovered our old nick for the forum ( SoenderbronX_DK) and that we originally joined in may 2006 (had it as a bit earlier than that, stoner memory).

So as it turns out DLN and OHMFs posts and the fine teachings of DLN at CC and other places were not our first encounters with this mystical and magical substance (at least not in writing), and that we have some stoner memory issues… :D

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: