Strain Help for March 2016

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
LLMReb

Strain Help for March 2016

Post by LLMReb »

Thanks for reading and helping. I'm visiting at the end of the month, so I've been perusing menus, reading reports, and considering strains I've purchased in the past. I came up with a list of some interesting strains. I'm wondering if any of you have experience with the strains listed below? I would love to read any comments about the strains below.

I'll list the shop and strain to make it easy for you to respond and follow. Sometimes a strain at one place will not seem to be as good as a strain at another, so I also listed the shop.

1. Utopia. I heard it is closing. Damn! Gotta gets something from here:

Mink Cookies. Had this before. Decent indica.
NLX Haze. Mix of a great oldie Northern Lights and a great SSH

2. Paradox. I have always enjoyed this Coffeeshop. Maybe it is because it is off the beaten path. I like its Spacecakes the best, by the way.

Chocolope. I've read great reviews and never tried this strain.
Lemon Haze. I figure if I enjoyed Super Silver Haze, then this one cannot be too bad.
Thai Outdoor. In years past outdoor weed was not discussed much. Glad to see natural grown weed making an appearance at select places around town.

3. Easy Times. My wife love the schnitzel at teh schnitzel place next door. Easy Times always has some great older stuff.

Lavender. I read that it was a great Indica.
Chocolope. Here is Chocolope again.

4. Rusland. Great vibe and relaxed atmosphere. If I get a chance to chill out in a Coffeeshop, this is a good one.

Neville Haze. I have notes from 2012 about it being great, but could never find any. Here it is.

5. The Grey Area. I've walked by this place about 100 times in hopes of getting a seat inside. I got a seat at the window ONE time. ONE. They should charge for those seats. Always good weed here.

The Dog. Read that it was a good indica.
Shoreline. Read someone raving about this.
G13 Haze. Yet another like Neville Haze that I marked in prior years but could never find.
Silver Bubble. Another thread about Bubblegum piqued my interest in this one. Bubblegum x SSH sounds interesting at least.

Whew! That's it. If anyone has sampled any of the above and can recall your thoughts, I sure do appreciate it in advance.

OneHighMofo

Re: Strain Help for March 2016

Post by OneHighMofo »

Hello! I've really enjoyed your posts, thanks so much for your contributions, the forum seems to be picking up speed again after the recent unfortunate break and posts like yours are a big part of that so thanks again :)

You've listed two of my very favourite strains in your question here; Shoreline and Silver Bubble. Whether you'll get a decent representation of the genetics is down to luck, you'll often find both strains at Greenplace on Niewmarkt but the quality there is up and down seemingly more so than in most establishments over the past few years so that isn't really a recommendation.

There's also some debate as to the lineage of Silver Bubble. Grey Area list it as you say Bubblegum x SSH. The seed bank that bred and sells the strain lists it as Nl5 x skunk x haze. I've asked the Grey Area bud tenders about this - they're sticking to the SSH X BBG story. Go figure.

My take? One particular phenotype that I bought in Green Place (to be fair to them) back in 2013 and solidified the strain as an all time top 5 tastes almost exactly like SSH x Bubblegum. I've bought the strain every time I've seen it since; maybe 5 or 6 times now. Only once did it satisfy and that bag was bought in De Graal back in July last year as I remember.

There are a good few phenotypes of this strain - some of them are sour and grapey with sugary hazey herbal top notes. Not unpleasant but they are often described as homogeneously 'hazey' which isn't far wrong. As an interesting aside - Voyagers 'Lemon Bubble' is silver bubble x lemon skunk and often tastes more 'silver bubble' than the product that either Green Place or Grey Area are selling.

Shoreline is another all time favourite - she has a terpene profile that's pretty unique for the Amsterdam scene. There are a few phenotypes that I'm aware of - floral skunk#1 derivatives that often express pinks and purples in the flowers. When she's done right - notes of lavender, bergamot, rose and other herbs are complimented by sour skunk overtones. She's a beauty - but tough to grow by all accounts, she doesn't like the main stem pruning so she's no cash crop which makes her a bad choice for the Amsterdam CS scene. Her flowers are often airy to boot - so the end of a tub can often just look and smoke like the leaf shake crumble that it will unfortunately and inevitably be. A sad sight indeed - but that smell can pull you in. She's no heavy hitter strength wise either; so when it's bad - it's bad. My advice? Only buy if the tray is full of decent nug meat.

The seed bank responsible for shoreline (Devils Harvest) are currently being showcased by Coffeeshop Mr K's. Their strain 'Fallen Angel' is a shoreline cross has favoured well in forum reviews recently, I bought it back in December and was very satisfied with the purchase - however, I'd bought it at other shops in previous trips and been less than impressed.

Back in December I bought some absolutely beautiful G13 from Het Ballonetje out in the east of the city. Perhaps some of the best I've ever bought in the Dam in recent years - she made a wonderful last-minute train station goodbye doob and formed a great little memory watching the sunset over Damrak and already planning my next trip in the rosy glow of a four day stay. From the g-13 line you can expect lime, grapefruit and diesel like flavours with a hazey finish and spicy, herbal hash undertones. Beautiful and an absolute Amsterdam classic. Similar in style but with a lighter fruitier 'grape-fruitier' vibe is CS Bluebirds 'Lime'.

Have fun - really looking forward to your travelogue :)
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

GA silver bubble = good. Their whole menu is usually pretty faultless. I'll be there this wkend and I want to try the Dog, will report back if they got it..

Shoreline is a particularly inconsistent strain. onehigh describes it well above. I had it from the green place and voyagers, voyagers example was better but I don't believe it's on the menu any more. Personal tastes, it's not my favourite strain, I didn't find the effects to be that strong.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

have a Great One PPG