What 10 strains would you put on your coffeeshop menu?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
LLMReb

Re: What 10 strains would you put on your coffeeshop menu?

Post by LLMReb »

Rvan, it's good to see you post again. Great additions. I am a big fan of the outdoor.

KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:
KeyMonCha wrote:How about this... Instead of a 5g limit, you pay €50 to enter, then you can smoke all you want when inside... Like a buffet! :D ...Drinks are free, but rolling materials and the bathroom are not...

...You could try all the weed without affecting your legal limit, and the good thing is, most people won't come close to smoking €50 worth... I'll be rolling in cash! :lol:

...untill a few ACD´ers stops by, shop drained... :D

Man, a 50 € smoke all you can offer with just decent product would be a dream even without the drinks, warm up place each day! :D

Whilst i appreciate your confidence, i think i'll still come out on top! ....Say, 4 ACD'ers; that's €200... If you're sharing joints i reckon 10g should finish you off, especially if one or two of you are relative lightweights, which i'm not too confident about, but still, even if y'all managed 20g, i would still be in profit i think....

....I'm not so sure now.... :?

.....Maybe, i only open after 6pm! 8)
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

KeyMonCha wrote:How about this... Instead of a 5g limit, you pay €50 to enter, then you can smoke all you want when inside... Like a buffet! :D ...Drinks are free, but rolling materials and the bathroom are not...

...You could try all the weed without affecting your legal limit, and the good thing is, most people won't come close to smoking €50 worth... I'll be rolling in cash! :lol:

Gotta agree with LLMReb, that this is an awesome topic! :clap:
not sure you would make money at 50 euros for all you can smoke :mrgreen: , but with free drinks you'll make your money from restroom fees from me alone :lol: :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Is there a way to rename the topic so that it does not simply focus on the menu but the overall shop? Hadn't even thought of that at the time I made this post :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

aVeryOldLady wrote:Is there a way to rename the topic so that it does not simply focus on the menu but the overall shop? Hadn't even thought of that at the time I made this post :D

Editing your original post will let you change the title I believe
nathan420stoner

Post by nathan420stoner »

Amnesia
Kosher kush
Knight bridge OG
Blue Dream
Headbanger
Orange Diesel v3
Blue Cheese
White widow
Somari
Sour Power

Few volcanos, rigs, bongs and verdamper for use rosin equipment so u can press ur own , Variety of skins and blunts for sale, pool table comfy seating and variety of different edibles and non medicated snacks and drinks, music would be old rap mostly (eazy, 2pac, biggie, nas) and would get a dog for a pet lol
jiffa

Post by jiffa »

My coffeeshop would be called Big Jiffa's Smokin Emporium

Love this topic, This is something that has came up in conversation so many times over the years while having a smoke with my mates so quite a bit of thought has went into it and the menu has changed so many times.

Menu would consist of a mix of old classics and newer strains that I have sampled in Amsterdam since first trip in 96 till the last trip July last year 2015 lost count of the number of trips and they kind of melt into one fantastic trip at times as years go by. Could have a different menu for samples I've enjoyed from mates and local farmers but wanted to base it on strains others would have enjoyed if in the city at the same time or something like that quite baked as I put this together after a day of smokin with my mates :mrgreen:

The menu is based on the flowers as I remember from many smoky trips to the city.

White Widow (de Kuil)
AK47 (Resin)
Blueberry (de Kuil)
Chocolope (Grey Area)
Kosher Kush (Voyagers)
Red Cherry Berry (Barneys)
Dr Grinspoon (Barneys and Kadinsky)
Ghost (Utopia)
Big Buddha Cheese (Prix D'Ami)
Super Silver Haze (Abraxas)

Man that was so hard to get it down to just 10 strains I've smoked 4 spliffs (building the 5th :mrgreen: ) in the last 2 hours or so till this point and remembered so many good(and bad)samples I've smoked over the years leaving out the hashes,Jelly,Ice and the likes (Can we have 10 of them as well @aVeryOldLady?) and the above are probably my favorites.

The layout would have a pure smoking area and mixed with tobacco area (I'm guilty of this myself filthy habit I know but I only use tobacco when smokin and I don't smoke cigarettes, 1 cigarette = 3 spliffs. just the way I was raised :lol: ) both of equal size and layout so no one loses out in Big Jiffa's Smokin Emporium. Tables with couches for a bit of comfort after wandering the streets of Amsterdam both rooms separated by two way mirror at alternate panels. All standard smokin utensils would be available fling in a few Volcano's for use and happy days ahead.

The music would be a mix of classic rock and up to date music from bands of the like (sorry folks dance died for me in the 90's :wink: Bit of a MOD with a bluesy rock edge I like to think :? ).

All standard drinks tea,coffee and soft drinks(plenty of IRN-BRU :D). Basic snacks a Mars a day and all that you get the idea, but you can eat your own munchies within reason don't be wandering in with a full roast n shit :lol: . But cakes n things of the sort as bins would be provided keep your smokin area tidy basic smokers etiquette its nice to be nice and anyway this is from the mind of a very stoned fella :mrgreen: my coffeeshop would be a nice place to get baked and watch the world go by with a soundtrack to jog the memories :D

That was great fun doing this just smokin listening to some of my favorite tunes and thinking of my favorite strains its nice to stop sometimes ( I'm soo baked) just sparked up again thanks for putting up this topic it's got the juices going for another visit to my favorite city :mrgreen:

Think my brain and fingers might have wandered nicely stoned doing this so sorry if I drifted of the topic at any point, Have I over thought this? :D soo baked haven't been this mashed for a while been smokin some mystery strain that one of my mates came up with and I can only say its got my mind wandering in a funny ha-ha kind of way .

I Hope you enjoyed your visit to Big Jiffa's Smokin Emporium, cant wait to read more peoples pipe dreams and memories of great strains :mrgreen:
Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I'd be a regular at Big Jiffas (well, regular when I visit). Sounds like a relaxing place.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Current best thinking,

AK-47
White Widow
Northern Lights
Jack Herer
Pineapple Chunk
Strawberry Cough
Ceres Hilton
Killing Fields
Headband
OG Kush.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

OneHighMofo wrote:
aVeryOldLady wrote:Is there a way to rename the topic so that it does not simply focus on the menu but the overall shop? Hadn't even thought of that at the time I made this post :D

Editing your original post will let you change the title I believe
Unfortunately only the "title" of that post, but not the title of the entire topic.

After some of you have reached out way further than just sharing your preferred menu, I changed the original post to not only a weed menu but your personal coffeeshop in general. Feel free to share everything you can think of; the ideas sound as nice or maybe even nicer than a good amount of coffeeshops in Amsterdam. :D
johnnygiovanni

Post by johnnygiovanni »

Weed selection:
Super silver haze (overall favourite)
Rolex og (My favourite kush)
Casey Jones (fruity gassy pheno)
Shoreline (super aromatic, ladie's choice)
Mexican Haze
Black Widow
NYC Diesel
Skunk/Cheese of the month
Sativa/haze of the month
Indica/kush of the month

Hash:
Moroccan from mexi plants
Afghan cream

Selection of bubble hash and dry sift from house strains.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

This is kinda unrelated, but say my coffeeshop had a FEBO style vending machine,( made out of galvanised steel & diamonds, obviously) and was able to "vend" weed, or pre-rolls 24Hrs a day? ...Would that be illegal, or do you think there might be a loophole in the law? ...I mean, the shop is shut, and there's no one on the premises! ...I believe the sale of croquettes through a wall was also originally a loophole to avoid Sunday trading laws, or some such; so i see no reason why this wouldn't be an option for my shop?!

...Credit card sales only, of course...

...We sell your details on afterwards! :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Good stuff KeyMonCha :D also great that you are already looking for supplementing revenue streams with the little credit card scheme ;)

Unfortunately we are pretty sure the vending machine approach has already been considered and just as quickly shot down again, can't remember any specifics but seem to remember a conversation with Dave and maybe a few others back at 't NES on the subject of circumventing the sixIour rule and a similar idea was discussed, seem to us that someone said that it had been attempted but got killed again... I could fix part of the drive-by shooting issues if the machines were installed in a big bullet trap construction a bit away from the shop, no point in wasting lead on that... :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Hmmmm.... I was kinda hoping drive-by's wouldn't be an issue with a vending machine... It doesn't really need windows or anything... Maybe it could just be a solid steel column, located anywhere in the city centre; i figure it needs to be a good 15-20 feet high, with all the electronics and small dispensing hatch at the base, but all the weed high at the top, in a bomb proof holding area...

...Either that, or we just retool a real cash dispenser to give out baggies of weed instead! :D

...Should be cheaper, and it'll be just as strong as a real cash dispenser... Which is why no-one will try and break into it!! ...Because it would be far more practical and profitable for any thief with a brain to skip our dispenser, and go and hit one with money in it instead! 8)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Well there you go then, fixed it! Makes really good sense putting them close to real ATMs :D

May we suggest that either the baggies come with filters and skins, or an option in the machine for selecting a little first-aid kit? :D call it the lifesaver...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: