What strain for insane giggles?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Cloud1748

What strain for insane giggles?

Post by Cloud1748 »

Wanting your opinions for strains that give you giggles and what coffee shop sells. im very keen in trying blueberry diesel, does anyone know of shops that stock this still? My missis and i are in central 2-5 feb.

Smoke 2 joints!
LLMReb

Re: What strain for insane giggles?

Post by LLMReb »

That's a tough one. Conventional wisdom says a good sativa, like Super Silver Haze. But in my experience, a fit of giggles and hard laughing is more about the experience. I can never predict what will touch it off. Most often it is another person. Sometimes an object. One of the best giggling episodes was with my sister with mere stems/seed quality weed.

My advice is to select a blend indica/sativa, surround yourself with a close friend, relax, and start chatting.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

laughing buddha
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
djreign

Post by djreign »

Completely agree. Laughing buddah always had us in fits.

Or, perhaps as it's in the name, did we make it sure it was so?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

djreign wrote:Or, perhaps as it's in the name, did we make it sure it was so?
I believe strongly that this is the case yes. The placebo effect is well understood and VERY powerful; especially when the patient is 'self assessing'.

I'd echo what LLMReb suggested. Particular effects are as much to do with setting as much as they are down to the particular molecular make-up of any given strain.

I'm a complete disbeliever in the Sativa/Indica debacle - largely because it's now well understood that the terms have been misappropriated and continue to be misused. If there are any particular effects to be felt from any given strain - as we learn more about the plant and refine the science; it's becoming more widely accepted that those differences are down to the entourage effect of the variety of cannabinoids and terpenes that makeup that particular strain.

In short - don't get bogged down in unhelpful categorisations like Sativa and Indica; try a variety of genetics for yourself and see what works for you.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote:I'm a complete disbeliever in the Sativa/Indica debacle - largely because it's now well understood that the terms have been misappropriated and continue to be misused. If there are any particular effects to be felt from any given strain - as we learn more about the plant and refine the science; it's becoming more widely accepted that those differences are down to the entourage effect of the variety of cannabinoids and terpenes that makeup that particular strain.
Interesting. I remember my first trip since rediscovering Amsterdam, as it were, after over a decade and a half of absence. I'd arrived at Amstel on the day of a transport strike, and didn't think anything would be open early particularly on a Sunday, so had been walking by a roundabout route and taking pictures for some five hours. By 11 I was practically falling asleep on my feet. When unexpectedly the now deceased Mellow Yellow loomed up before me, it seemed like a godsend. There was a special deal on White Widow at 2g for €10, which seemed good. So I smoked it, and suddenly everything came to life. I was practically bouncing out of that place as I went on my way.

But it's an indica. Which at the time I didn't know, and probably just as well - if I'd thought it would send me to sleep, that's what it might have done.

In my experience, mood and the circumstances that determine it have more to do with the effects at any given time than the strain itself. Sure, there are exceptions - crap is crap, strong is strong, but the same strain won't give you the same effects every time. And individuals are radically different, so something someone else always finds heavenly may leave you cold - even assuming that they're not heavily influenced by the placebo effect. And you have no way of measuring that, nor do they, for that matter.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Just to bolster what OHMF wrote, I've been to Eerste Hulp and on one occassion, AK-47 may be listed as an Indica. Then another visit it is a Sativa.

Even the CSs don't get it consistently correct.

I do miss a good fit of giggles. I cannot recall having a really good laugh in years. Years! For me, it is the company. Either I want to talk about some serious b.s., or my companion wants to talk about serious b.s., or I'm on my own, or the companion is annoying and talking about overly silly b.s. I cannot seem to get the right scene these days. So I keep trying in order to chase that next experience that provides a fit of giggles.

Best of luck!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

For me edibles is a fast track to a fit of the giggles.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:Interesting.

Slightly OT I know but interesting nonetheless - I know you don't like video as a format FoD; this example is an author talking about his seminal research on the subject. Well worth a watch.

The book itself is an A4 leaf-size double-column academic textbook layout jobbie and 1000+ pages spanning 17 years multi-disciplinary research.

I'm about a third of the way through and just couldn't resist getting the 40 minute YouTube synopsis. Warning: You'll never take another bud tender seriously again. :D
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Never bought into the Indica/Sativa thing , so happy to see it debunked . Personally found that ' effect' is down to frame of mind at time of use . I speak from 40 odd years of use . The science is interesting but I'll leave that to those happy to immerse themselves in it all .
I find that any menu , displaying a price tag north of 12e per gram , induces plenty of giggles . Don't know any other old gits who feel differently .
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

LLMReb wrote:Just to bolster what OHMF wrote, I've been to Eerste Hulp and on one occassion, AK-47 may be listed as an Indica. Then another visit it is a Sativa.
Phenotypes ?
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

RvanSteensel wrote:
LLMReb wrote:Just to bolster what OHMF wrote, I've been to Eerste Hulp and on one occassion, AK-47 may be listed as an Indica. Then another visit it is a Sativa.
Phenotypes ?
Nope.
The words Sativa and Indica are Botanical classification for sub-species of the plant.
Whereas the word Phenotypes refers to the set of observable characteristics of an individual (offspring) resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment.

In other words. Phenotypes are variations within (sub)species - not across them.

The fact that AK47 is listed as both Sativa (wrongly) and Indica on the 1e Hulp menu is indicative of all kinds of level 10 fuckwittery (i.e. NO-ONE seem to know what the actual fuck they're talking about but is confident enough to simply make it up as they go along *slow clap* ) never mind just a simple mislabelling/misunderstanding of placement within a botanical taxonomy.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Yeas, what OHMF said. Now, I have high regard for 1e Hulp, but come on. Pick a label method and stick with it. At least be consistent IN THE SAME YEAR.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/1e%20Hul ... 0Hulp.html

Check out Chocolope on the November, 2015 menu (indica)vs oh, the July, 2015 menu (sativa).
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Yes I have I bought from a couple of shops that have had it wrong as well. Barneys was one of them.