Shoreline

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Slip & Sal

Re: shoreline

Post by Slip & Sal »

Is this the shoreline that is supposed to be an RKS Skunk? Proper skunk that smells like skunk?

I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Slip & Sal wrote: Is this the shoreline that is supposed to be an RKS Skunk? Proper skunk that smells like skunk?

Not 100% sure what you mean by RVS skunk. But she's definitely a skunk derivative (sensi skunk x oasis originally - although according to the breeder the current genetics are a re-creation of the original strain) I've tried it only at one shop in Dam (green place) but I've bought it from a local grower near me and the taste profile is somewhat unique (at least to me).

Skunky yes, but with strong floral notes and hints of lavender, bergamot, rose even. Lovely hints of lilac in the buds. She tastes sweet - not sugary candy sweet, more like a flowery fresh fruit juice. Definitely my favourite strain at the moment.
http://thedevilsharvestseeds.com/index.php/shoreline

Interestingly - a couple of weeks back I had a tester from said grower of an old school Dutch Passion strain called Jorge's Diamonds which was VERY similar.
The grower reported that J'sD's was happy being topped and trained, whereas the Shoreline really preferred to be left alone in that regard.
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Jor ... h_Passion/
imzm39

Post by imzm39 »

RKS - Roadkill Skunk
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Thankyou :) given the name - I wouldn't have thought that Shoreline fitted the bill!
salty seadog

Post by salty seadog »

Hows the shoreline at the moment, is it still there?
Choo Choo.....
bundy1983

Post by bundy1983 »

It isn't on the latest greenplace menu online. Hopefully greenplace have it back again soon.
salty seadog

Post by salty seadog »

hhmmm, shame...
Choo Choo.....
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

De graal's is better anyway… at least it was back in early May
Ksmokings

Post by Ksmokings »

De Graal's so called Shoreline isn't Shoreline! I paid €15 to get a taxi down there especially for this strain and turned out it was something completely different. Greenplace is the only place that have had decent Shoreline, Dampkring was okay but the flavour wasn't quite there - September 2015
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Ksmokings wrote:De Graal's so called Shoreline isn't Shoreline! I paid €15 to get a taxi down there especially for this strain and turned out it was something completely different. Greenplace is the only place that have had decent Shoreline, Dampkring was okay but the flavour wasn't quite there - September 2015
Could be a bad batch - I've bought Shoreline in De Graal that was definitely a nice representation of the genetics - and trumped Green Places batch at that time too (back in June I think) by a country mile on smell, taste and certainly cure/flush (GP's was wet - so I couldn't judge either very well).

I've been lucky enough to get three different pheno's of the strain from a local grower that have all been very different; some darker/danker tastes, skunkier - less floral and sweet so perhaps De Graals current batch is one of those? I've also had a taster of one plant the grower had in that hadn't done too well - she yellowed out early and struggled to feed. You wouldn't have believed it was Shoreline - that could be a factor too perhaps?

I always wonder whether the commercial Dutch growers keep mother plants or pop new seeds?

Not keeping mothers would certainly account for the variety in quality I've noticed when I've bought a strain regularly from a single shop. Green Place being a great example - their quality on the Silver Bubble seems to go up and down like knickers in the RLD.

It doesn't make much sense from a commercial farmers perspective to take those gambles on phenotype though….
Guess I'll have a look in the Shoreline tray tomorrow at De Graal…
Ksmokings

Post by Ksmokings »

Yeah that's a fair comment, I know they can be quite different but the one in de graal a few months ago seemed to have nothing about it that reminded me of the dank flavour that greenplace sell which was a shame :(
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Shoreline

Post by ed the head »

2017 Shoreline & Shoreline Crosses?

:?:
Going in May.

Where can I find 2017 Shoreline or Shoreline Crosses?

:D :mrgreen:

THANKS!!
He who tries to shine dims his own light
OneHighMofo

Re: 2017 Shoreline & Shoreline Crosses?

Post by OneHighMofo »

Everywhere!
Last seen (but not limited to): Voyagers, Greenplace, Siberie, 137, Mr K and Co and a bunch of other shops I can't remember.
It's difficult to move for her purply goodness :)
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 14th Mar 2017 04:31 pm Everywhere!
Last seen (but not limited to): Voyagers, Greenplace, Siberie, 137, Mr K and Co and a bunch of other shops I can't remember.
It's difficult to move for her purply goodness :)
Thank you

Adding Voyagers, Siberie, and Mr K and Co

Any of these have good 5 gram deals too?
:mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I think they all have the standard small amount off but nothing that stands out. I think maybe even Grey Area had it on their menu recently too although don't quote me on that one :)

Oh by the way - Fallen Angel is the shoreline cross that you'll see most around town. It's Shoreline x Kuchi. I have to say I've been wildly disappointed every time I've bought her so that's not a recommendation!