The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Tokeing tom

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Post by Tokeing tom »

Happy birthday trad 🥳

Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Lemming wrote: Tue 4th Apr 2023 06:33 pm Cool! I feel a plan starting to come together.

Sounds like we could hit Birdy by 5pm. That would leave plenty of time for a session then back to Amsterdam and Balou around 7 or 8.

@Worsall - Bulldog is en route from Centraal Station to Balou

What does everyone think?
Sound perfect
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

docgonzo42 wrote: Fri 7th Apr 2023 04:33 am This will be my first day so Ill be getting in early but I'm staying in Haarlem. I will definitely be at Willie Wortles Sativa at 2:00 to meet with anyone and like the challenge of a first day 9 shop crawl before the 5:00 meet up at Birdys. Ill have the purple Zappa hat and you can call me Gonzo.
Cool. See you there. If you bung me your mobile number I'll add you to the WhatsApp group.

Weather forecast for 420 week is looking good. I'll keep making burnt offerings to the weather gods to encourage them not to change their minds.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

We have had a last minute unforseen change of hotel, we are now staying becide vondel Park so we would like to propose a change of coffeeshops for Wednesday morning, we will be going Cs De prijs, vondel and blue lagoon we plan on starting in de prijs for 10.30 then to vondel for 11.00 and blue lagoon for 11.30 or there abouts ,we will then make our way central to bettys for 12.00-12.30 for to be at baloon for 2 hope some of you can join us ...works out pretty good for the kashmir lounge sesh we're not far away 😁 ...getting close peeps 🤗
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

A crawl along the Overtoom. Sounds good. You know Best Friends Oud-Zuid is near there too? Might I suggest you set a start time at De Prijs and an arrival time at Betty's, leaving the bit in between flexible?

Be great to visit Vondel Park if the weather is nice, which current forecasts say it will be. Not much space in the schedule though!

I got a message from Baba to say they're doing some work and are take away only at the moment. They hope to be back to normal by next week and will let me know. If not we may want to change plans for Monday. I suggest we still meet at Green Place Haarlemmerstraat for now and take it from there.

I'll update the events soon.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

:thumbup:
Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 10th Apr 2023 12:28 pm We have had a last minute unforseen change of hotel, we are now staying becide vondel Park so we would like to propose a change of coffeeshops for Wednesday morning, we will be going Cs De prijs, vondel and blue lagoon we plan on starting in de prijs for 10.30 then to vondel for 11.00 and blue lagoon for 11.30 or there abouts ,we will then make our way central to bettys for 12.00-12.30 for to be at baloon for 2 hope some of you can join us ...works out pretty good for the kashmir lounge sesh we're not far away 😁 ...getting close peeps 🤗
That works out very well for Me and Mike, we will come over and welcome you guys into town we are only just up the road a bit and yes suits the Kashmir Lounge extremely well 8). I like De Prijs and coffeeshop Vondel :D although been a while since I was last in either of these establishments. I really like the area down that way it is always feels more relaxed and chilled to me 8) The weather is looking reasonable at the moment during the week but of course that could change at any point. Well looking forward to getting into town now, 420 bags have all arrived and most of the contents as well. Have to give the edibles man a nod later today, unable to get hold of my extracts man though at the moment, so fingers crossed on that front :mrgreen: if not will have to pick it up elsewhere, no biggie either way :!: 8) :mrgreen: (little bit concerned that I haven't heard from Mike in a while :? )See you all soon though
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes Lemming I see Cs best friends is very close so we will start there at 10am then to de prijs
Ghost it be great If you could join us 👍
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

@Ghost - any boat news?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Mon 10th Apr 2023 02:52 pm @Ghost - any boat news?
Have had no reply to my last emails, I sent the last email to them on Friday and included my phone number. I haven't called them yet as it being Easter weekend, I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get it finalised one way or another. We have had no reply's from any of the other boat companies whatsoever :evil: I honestly thought when I received the 1st reply that we was on a roll and it would be a stroll in the park but it is still a pain :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

That is strange. Almost like they don't want bookings. Maybe people just don't check their emails these days.
You could try sending them a TikTok of you dancing a boat impression :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Mon 10th Apr 2023 06:04 pm That is strange. Almost like they don't want bookings. Maybe people just don't check their emails these days.
You could try sending them a TikTok of you dancing a boat impression :D
:lol: Yes I don't get it, you would have thought they would have at least replied with a 'no we haven't got anything available'

I could dress up as a sailor and try your TikTok approach :lol: might get a response then
thegasman

Post by thegasman »

i'm going over with some friends 19th april - 4th may, will keep an eye on here for meet ups and hopefully join for a smoke :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

thegasman wrote: Mon 10th Apr 2023 10:44 pm i'm going over with some friends 19th april - 4th may, will keep an eye on here for meet ups and hopefully join for a smoke :D
I recognise your name as a menu contributor on FBN's site. Welcome to ACD.
2-week session. Hardcore!
Will your group be in 420 Café for 4/20? If so, see you there.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Weather forecast seems to get better every time I check. Seems hard to believe looking out of the window here in UK.
Tuesday to Friday looks particularly warm and sunny.
Amsterdam is not known for its great climate, especially so early in the year but, somehow, the sun always seems to come out for 4/20.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Boat latest - after numerous emails trying to get this booked up and now a couple of calls today which were not answered, I have eventually waved the 'White Flag' on being able to book a private tour for our group :thumbdown: On their booking form for general sailings all the 420 sailing are nearly full so I doubt a private tour on that day would be available anyway now. I think while in town I am going to try and secure this boat for next year :lol:

Our option is there is a sailing on the 19th at 21.30 until 10.40 and that if everybody who still wants to do it go on to www.buddhaloungeboat.com and booked a ticket for that time slot we could most probably fill the boat up or there abouts, when I just looked there were 18 seats left for that time, it would clash with the Kashmir lounge but we could move that to another night if needed? We would all need to agree so we all booked it what everyone's thoughts

Personally I am not worried either way now, but would book the 19th if everyone else was going to do it. Agreed with the weather it's looking good for us :D Still no news from Mike :? 2.5 days left at work then 420 begins :D