Current Legality of Tourists Buying Cannabis in Coffeeshops?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Mog

Current Legality of Tourists Buying Cannabis in Coffeeshops?

Post by Mog »

Hello all you wonderful people.

Me and my gf are visiting Netherlands for the fourth time next February. In the past (all before Covid began) we had visited Amsterdam twice and Eindhoven once. We never had a problem with buying weed and smoking up anywhere (within reason).

Since those trips I've heard and read all sorts of conflicting information about tourist bans, public smoking bans, but can't find any actual proper facts and details about what is cool or not.

I believe there is a blanket ban in Maastrict from tourists buying weed so I assume that area is a no go.

Can anyone tell me of any cities and areas where they know for sure tourists can and can't buy weed from, as that will massively influence where we end up staying for a holiday next year!

Cheers!

Mr Incognito

Re: Current Legality of Tourists Buying Cannabis in Coffeeshops?

Post by Mr Incognito »

Hi Mog

If you look at the Towns Index on this site, for each place there is info on whether Tourists are welcome. It's a bit variable in the south - Maastricht is no go, but Eindhoven is open, for example.

The recent news stories about Amsterdam are about smoking on the street in the RLD, not about coffeeshops.

Places outside of Amsterdam that are good to visit for coffeeshops include The Hague, Haarlem, Groningen, Utrecht and Rotterdam. But the towns Index is the best place to look!