Rotterdam

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
HitTheNorth

Rotterdam

Post by HitTheNorth »

I'm off to a gig in Rotterdam in a few weeks. Not seen a great deal of reviews of coffeeshops there, does anyone have any experience or recommendations please?
Nearest shops to the venue are 4 floors, witte de with, sky high and Pluto.
I'm staying in Amsterdam so it's not the end of the world if the rotterdam shops aren't the best but I'd like to hit one or two at least.

Mr Incognito

Re: Rotterdam

Post by Mr Incognito »

I'll be in Rotterdam next Sunday - also close to Witte de With & 4 Floors. I'll see what I can get in terms of menu pics & do a bit of an update when I get home. I'm cycling in Zeeland & not taking tablets & laptops & the like to keep the weight down!

Never been to Rotterdam before, so I'm interested to see what its like, and what the vibe is in the coffeeshops.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Mr Incognito wrote: Sat 3rd Jun 2023 05:45 pm I'll be in Rotterdam next Sunday - also close to Witte de With & 4 Floors. I'll see what I can get in terms of menu pics & do a bit of an update when I get home. I'm cycling in Zeeland & not taking tablets & laptops & the like to keep the weight down!

Never been to Rotterdam before, so I'm interested to see what its like, and what the vibe is in the coffeeshops.
Thanks that would be awesome. Will there be a trip report Mr I? Always enjoyed reading your travelogues.
Have a great time regardless
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Not sure there will be a full trip report - most of my week will be away from coffeeshops, but I start in Rotterdam and end in Delft and Haarlem, so we'll see what happens!
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Nice. I'd love to go bike packing round NL one day. Enjoy
petty

Post by petty »

I cycled in the area several years ago. Coming from Hook of Holland, I remember a disused train line path and another time coming from the North managing to connect with the Maas tunnel. Now there is a more recently opened bridge.
On the whole Rotterdam, because of the destruction in World War Two appears an open spaced, ugly city but there is a more working class feel to it than it`s rival to the North. Neighbourhood Shops tend too to be more comfy in the way of atmosphere but I can only remember one quasi canal running from Rotterdam Centraal in the direction of the city centre.
A smoke break a plein air certainly helps with the cycling when out in the polders. Enjoy it!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Thanks all - I'll do my best to have a great time and provide useful information to others on the coffeeshop scene in Rotterdam and Delft!
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Hey all, of the CS mentioned, I would suggest that Pluto is a good bet. Was there about 6 months ago and bought some fantastic Cherry and Lemon Haze. The Cherry Haze actually smelt of cherry! One thing about Rotterdam is that you can only buy and fly, so had to roll up in the shop before heading off. I heard that CS Reef allows you to sit in, but didn't visit myself. What I loved most about Rotterdam was the art which is literally everywhere, and the Santa near Witte de Withstraat, holding a big icelolly is a sight to behold. Have fun :mrgreen:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

I'm staying close to Four Floors and Witte de With, and I am led to believe Four Floors has an upstairs where you can sit. It may be shut at the moment, but on Google maps, you can go inside and admire the view from upstairs. So I'm hoping I can spend some time in there, sample the wares from Witte de With, and hopefully go for a wander to Pluto and Sky High to check them out and get supplies for my expedition to the wild fringes of the Netherlands.
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Here's a video of a coffeeshop tour of Rotterdam, the guys a but annoying but he hits some of the shops mentioned.

https://youtu.be/oMLDRm5JSu4
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Mr Incognito wrote: Tue 6th Jun 2023 09:23 pm I'm staying close to Four Floors and Witte de With, and I am led to believe Four Floors has an upstairs where you can sit. It may be shut at the moment, but on Google maps, you can go inside and admire the view from upstairs. So I'm hoping I can spend some time in there, sample the wares from Witte de With, and hopefully go for a wander to Pluto and Sky High to check them out and get supplies for my expedition to the wild fringes of the Netherlands.
Yes, that was what I was hoping but all of the shops mentioned either simply do not have seating e.g. Pluto, or as you said are 'closed' Nothing would make me happier or make me book another old school boat train trip to Rotterdam quicker, but forewarned is forearmed. However if you stand with the 4 floors to your back and turn left, there is a small canal that has benches beside it. That is where I smoke the ones I had prerolled. Also, if Tilburg is on your expedition list, do visit Toermalijn. It was my favourite CS in the whole of the Netherlands :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: to be fair, I was visiting just as they opened and it was just after the Covid restrictions were being relaxed. So hopefully/probably it's changed now
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Smokeybee21 wrote: Tue 6th Jun 2023 11:14 pm Here's a video of a coffeeshop tour of Rotterdam, the guys a but annoying but he hits some of the shops mentioned.

https://youtu.be/oMLDRm5JSu4
When you said "a bit annoying" I knew it would be Strain Caners :lol:

Thanks though