The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
AzLaker

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 04:11 pm Yeh I will stroll on over around 10-10.30 to greet you into town man and say hello with a few vapes etc :thumbup: just update on the what's app group when you hit town and are making your way there, I am only a hop, skip and jump away 8)

After just checking recent reviews on my hotel I am expecting the worst :lol: and hoping for something reasonable at best, usual story supposed to be a 3* and turns out to be a 1* :lol just as well I only intend sleeping there. Never know it might be better than I imagine. Did a quick scan over a few new places and personally they ain't any better for more money. Stick or Twist - think I have to stick and maybe bring my coverall suit with me :lol: for protection :lol: :lol:
@Ghost I think we might be neighbors. I'm just a canal east of you on Achteburgwal. About your hotel, as long as there are no Bed bugs, you'll be fine. :lol: But the suit is a good back up plan. :clap:

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Ghost wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 04:11 pm
AzLaker wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 12:47 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 09:52 am

Nice 1 buddy :clap: let's see if we can make it a boat of smoke sailing the canals :lol: looking forward to that 😎
Let's just hope our captain has a high (no pun intended) tolerance level. :lol: :lol:

AzLaker
8)
:lol: :lol: made me laugh, lets hope so buddy :mrgreen: :D 8)
jollylittlehun wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 03:31 pm
If anyone wants to meet up for an early morning toke on 420 I will be in Siberie from around 10am.
Yeh I will stroll on over around 10-10.30 to greet you into town man and say hello with a few vapes etc :thumbup: just update on the what's app group when you hit town and are making your way there, I am only a hop, skip and jump away 8)

After just checking recent reviews on my hotel I am expecting the worst :lol: and hoping for something reasonable at best, usual story supposed to be a 3* and turns out to be a 1* :lol just as well I only intend sleeping there. Never know it might be better than I imagine. Did a quick scan over a few new places and personally they ain't any better for more money. Stick or Twist - think I have to stick and maybe bring my coverall suit with me :lol: for protection :lol: :lol:
Great. I'll probably grab a quick omelette from omelegg then be right over to Siberie. I'll give you a shout when I'm leaving omelegg.
AzLaker wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 04:15 pm
jollylittlehun wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 03:31 pm If anyone wants to meet up for an early morning toke on 420 I will be in Siberie from around 10am.
@jollylittlehun, sounds inviting. A good place to start the morning. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
It's my favourite coffeeshop. Hopefully you can make it along.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

@jollylittlehun had the pleasure to stop in with the ACD crew a couple years ago. Love the Budtenders, super nice Lassie's. :D
Great atmosphere, to go along with a nice menu. :mrgreen: A good place to start/or continue our wake & bake. :lol: :mrgreen: I'll be there. :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

@AzLaker - If your number hasn't changed then just reinstalling WhatsApp will probably get you back to where you left off.

I think I feel a new schedule coming on. I'll add Best Friends Oost after Rum Barrel and Siberie on Saturday morning. Maybe Kadinsky to meet for Stud tram, suggestions for Pijp crawl and some bar suggestions. Everything can be changed if anyone has better ideas.

Anything else I've forgotten or missed?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 04:31 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 04:11 pm Yeh I will stroll on over around 10-10.30 to greet you into town man and say hello with a few vapes etc :thumbup: just update on the what's app group when you hit town and are making your way there, I am only a hop, skip and jump away 8)

@Ghost I think we might be neighbors. I'm just a canal east of you on Achteburgwal. About your hotel, as long as there are no Bed bugs, you'll be fine. :lol: But the suit is a good back up plan. :clap:

AzLaker
8)
@AzLaker if there's Bed bugs mate I will be sleeping in the coverall and laying the wardrobe on the floor and getting in it :lol: :lol: The coverall also doubles up as a good rave suit with an addition of a stupid pair of glasses :thumbup: also is very good if you want to commit a murder :lol: :wink:

Yes mate your a canal over from me so about 5min stroll :D :thumbup: so good for meeting up for them morning Wake 'n' Bakes :mrgreen: I have to be having them out and about as I don't have a balcony this year and I be up and about getting some breakfast every morning from omelegg :thumbup: 8) We can take a stroll over to meet @jollylittlehun on the 20th mate 8)

@jollylittlehun I shall be going to that omelegg most mornings, normally I go to the DePijp one but I am staying up this end this year so send the what's app when you get there as I may be in there having some food myself man :thumbup: what's your favourite omelette from there :?: I love the bacon and farmer cheese, the farm boy and also the banana peanut butter, I don't mind the scramblicious either

@lemming sounds good got a nice schedule building up for the week :D add Stones to the Pijp crawl :thumbup:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

@ghost. I'll give you a shout when I'm on the train. I normally just have the bacon and cheese but I'm thinking about the scrambo royale or the big Ben this time.

@AzLaker Looking forward to it. You're more than welcome at omelegg as well.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Fri 22nd Mar 2024 05:51 pm @AzLaker - If your number hasn't changed then just reinstalling WhatsApp will probably get you back to where you left off.

I think I feel a new schedule coming on. I'll add Best Friends Oost after Rum Barrel and Siberie on Saturday morning. Maybe Kadinsky to meet for Stud tram, suggestions for Pijp crawl and some bar suggestions. Everything can be changed if anyone has better ideas.

Anything else I've forgotten or missed?
Thanks lemming, I'll flip on WhatsApp early next month and get reconnected. :)

@Ghost & jollylittlehun, I don't think I've been to omelegg before. I like eggs, so I'll find something I like. :lol:

AzLaker
8)
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Looks like we've set ourselves up a nice e 'n' t at omelegg.

We're only about 28 days, 13 hours away from it. Not that I'm counting. :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Those not in the WA group yet, just bung me your mobile number and I'll add you. It's getting quite chatty over there.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

People

Members who've said they will be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

AzLaker "Arriving, the 18th and leaving the 25th" posted 22nd Jan 2024
Bedge "18th to 23rd" posted 25th Jan 2024
Docgonzo42 "Wednesday April 17 to Monday April 22nd" posted 31st Jan 2024
Dude65 "arriving on 4/20 and will be there until 4/24" posted 14th Feb 2024
Gapie "Yeeaaaahhh" posted 31st Jan 2024
Ghost "arrive -19th(early morning) 8) and depart the 24th (evening time)" posted 31st Jan 2024
Igraine "17th to 23rd April" posted 7th Feb 2024
Jollylittlehun "morning of 20th till late 21st" posted 8th Mar 2024
Kodak25 + 2 "Friday to Monday" posted 30th Jan 2024
Kush0la "got a refundable reservation at Voyagers over 420" posted 19th Dec 2023
Lemming "17th to 23rd April" posted 7th Feb 2024
Occasional Bowl "17th April to 23rd April" posted 14th Jan 2024
Sammysarahh "17th-22nd" posted 31st Jan 2024
Stevesec " I'll be around from 17th - 24th/April" posted 12th Mar 2024
Talkrum "18-22nd" posted 26th Jan 2024
Trad "17th-22nd" posted 27th Jan 2024

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events proposed so far

Wednesday 17th April 2024

20:00 (8pm) Batavia for first night sesh proposed by Lemming

In town: Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Trad

Thursday 18th April 2024

13:30 (1.30pm) Old Amsterdam Cheese Store proposed by Sammysarahh
14:00 (2pm) Bagheera proposed by Lemming (for anyone not at cheese)
16:00 (4pm) Siberië greet AzLaker and Bedge into town
followed by possible excursion to the seaside at Zandvoort
22:00 (10pm) The Bottle proposed by AzLaker

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Friday 19th April 2024

08:30 (8.30am) Keukenhof proposed by Sammysarahh
11:30 (11.30am) Het Gelderse proposed by Ghost
13:00 (1pm) Kadinsky 2 and bar proposed by Lemming to assemble for tram to
15:00 (3pm) The Stud proposed by Lemming & Mjhowy
18:00 (6pm) Rum Barrel proposed by Ghost - headcount required
followed by Best Friends Oost

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Kodak25, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Saturday 20th April 2024

10:00 (10am) Siberië proposed by Jollylittlehun
15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe for 4.20, proposed by Tradition
18:00 (6pm) Siberië proposed by AzLaker
19:00 (7pm) Resin proposed by Trad - meet for ...
20:00 (8pm) Boat trip proposed by AzLaker - headcount required
21:30 (9.30pm) Kashmir Lounge proposed by Jollylittlehun

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Jollylittlehun, Kodak25, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Sunday 21st April 2024

08:00 (8am) Half day in The Hague proposed by docgonzo42
14:00 (2pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by Lemming
18:00 (6pm) Spirit for pinball competition proposed by Ghost

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Jollylittlehun, Kodak25, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Monday 22nd April 2024

13:00 (1pm) DNA and De Kade proposed by AzLaker
Followed by Pijp crawl to Yo-Yo proposed by Docgonzo42
Via some or all of Stones, Club Media, Katsu, Nice Place

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Kodak25, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Tuesday 23rd April 2024

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Stevesec
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

I've not got much time in town so I'm going to give Den Haag a miss on the 21st. I highly recommend Cremers or Dizzy Duck Downtown for sitting in. You can have a beer in Cremers.

Will probably start the morning of the 21st in Club Media and make my way down to De Kade and back up towards Het Ballonnetje for the 2pm tnt. Anyone is welcome to tag along.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I know this schedule will go up in smoke on first contact with a coffeeshop but it's good to have ambitions :D If we don't at least try then we could finish up couchlocked in one place for our entire stay.

@jollylittlehun - I don't expect to get to Den Haag either, unfortunately. Looks like our only chance of exploring outside Amsterdam is the possible trip to Zandvoort. I doubt we'll get to Media that morning either.

As Igraine and me are staying near Ballonnetje, we could just stagger directly there on 21st but very much up for meeting everyone somewhere in the centre and travelling to the Balloon together. There are two routes there from the centre: tram 14, which can be joined at Centraal, Dam, Rokin, Rembrandtplein or Waterlooplein and metro from Centraal, Nieuwmarkt or Waterlooplein. Lots of options there, Solo and Green Place around Nieuwmarkt, Greenhouse Namaste near Waterlooplein and many others. Any suggestions?

Evenings - so far I've pencilled in Batavia on 17th, Bottle on 18th and Kashmir on 20th. From Batavia we can cruise up Warmoesstraat, if we feel so inclined, to Bar 55, HSB, Tribe or whatever. For Kashmir, it's worth noting that it's a shorter walk to the tram stop than it is to Batavia. None of these is set in stone, though, if anyone has objections or better ideas.

On 19th our last stop so far is around Javaplein at Rum Barrel and BF. From there bus 22 goes to the back of Centraal. Otherwise it's good old tram 14. This could get us to Rembrandtplein, if we want to take that opportunity.

There could be another Rembrandtplein opportunity on 22nd. If we make it to Yo-Yo, we know we have to move on by 7. One possibility would be to stop at De Pizzabakkers on 1e Sweelinckstraat on our way to tram 4. This could be as well as or instead of De Pizzabakkers on Haarlemmerdijk on 21st.

21st after Spirit we could walk via 137 and Relax to De Pizzabakkers on Haarlemmerdijk. From there we could do a crawl along Haarlemmerstraat back into the centre. I like 137 and don't think I've ever been in Relax so I'm very much up for that idea. On the other hand, it would involve quite a bit of walking for those with sore feet.

An alternative is to return to the Marnixplein tram stop from where we could get to the Sound Garden/Funkey Munkey/1e Hulp cluster and/or Leidseplein.

Thoughts?
Trad

Post by Trad »

Lemming,

Evenings. We like the idea of hitting different bars for the evening sessions.

19th. By the time we are staggering out of the Rum Barrel and BFO, I think we may want to be settling down for the evening session somewhere. Tribe or Bar55?

21st. How about we meet at Green Place (12:30-1:00) for Lemmings famous cat herding to the Balloon. After Spirit, I like 1e Hulp/Soundgarden as a destination.

A couple of suggestions.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Trad wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 11:22 pm Lemming,

19th. By the time we are staggering out of the Rum Barrel and BFO, I think we may want to be settling down for the evening session somewhere. Tribe or Bar55?

21st. How about we meet at Green Place (12:30-1:00) for Lemmings famous cat herding to the Balloon. After Spirit, I like 1e Hulp/Soundgarden as a destination.

A couple of suggestions.
Getting lunch at Croque Madame next to Oude Kerk about 12 so Green Place is a good shout to meet.
Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 03:21 pm I know this schedule will go up in smoke on first contact with a coffeeshop but it's good to have ambitions :D If we don't at least try then we could finish up couchlocked in one place for our entire stay.

@jollylittlehun - I don't expect to get to Den Haag either, unfortunately. Looks like our only chance of exploring outside Amsterdam is the possible trip to Zandvoort. I doubt we'll get to Media that morning either.

As Igraine and me are staying near Ballonnetje, we could just stagger directly there on 21st but very much up for meeting everyone somewhere in the centre and travelling to the Balloon together. There are two routes there from the centre: tram 14, which can be joined at Centraal, Dam, Rokin, Rembrandtplein or Waterlooplein and metro from Centraal, Nieuwmarkt or Waterlooplein. Lots of options there, Solo and Green Place around Nieuwmarkt, Greenhouse Namaste near Waterlooplein and many others. Any suggestions?

Evenings - so far I've pencilled in Batavia on 17th, Bottle on 18th and Kashmir on 20th. From Batavia we can cruise up Warmoesstraat, if we feel so inclined, to Bar 55, HSB, Tribe or whatever. For Kashmir, it's worth noting that it's a shorter walk to the tram stop than it is to Batavia. None of these is set in stone, though, if anyone has objections or better ideas.

On 19th our last stop so far is around Javaplein at Rum Barrel and BF. From there bus 22 goes to the back of Centraal. Otherwise it's good old tram 14. This could get us to Rembrandtplein, if we want to take that opportunity.

There could be another Rembrandtplein opportunity on 22nd. If we make it to Yo-Yo, we know we have to move on by 7. One possibility would be to stop at De Pizzabakkers on 1e Sweelinckstraat on our way to tram 4. This could be as well as or instead of De Pizzabakkers on Haarlemmerdijk on 21st.

21st after Spirit we could walk via 137 and Relax to De Pizzabakkers on Haarlemmerdijk. From there we could do a crawl along Haarlemmerstraat back into the centre. I like 137 and don't think I've ever been in Relax so I'm very much up for that idea. On the other hand, it would involve quite a bit of walking for those with sore feet.

An alternative is to return to the Marnixplein tram stop from where we could get to the Sound Garden/Funkey Munkey/1e Hulp cluster and/or Leidseplein.

Thoughts?
I quite like a quiet morning in Club Media so I'm happy either way. :D

Looking forward to the cat herding experience I've read so much about.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 03:21 pm I know this schedule will go up in smoke on first contact with a coffeeshop but it's good to have ambitions :D If we don't at least try then we could finish up couchlocked in one place for our entire stay.
:lol: You know it. It's nice to have a schedule for the week which we can try and stick to, gives us something to work off of/around, we may not manage some of it but at least we tried :D
Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 03:21 pm @jollylittlehun - I don't expect to get to Den Haag either, unfortunately. I doubt we'll get to Media that morning either.
I will not be attending the Den Haag trip myself and after having some breakfast somewhere I will be hanging up the top end of town until meeting up with the crew
Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 03:21 pm On 19th our last stop so far is around Javaplein at Rum Barrel and BF. From there bus 22 goes to the back of Centraal. Otherwise it's good old tram 14. This could get us to Rembrandtplein, if we want to take that opportunity.
I'm easy on what we do after coming out of Best Friends as I expect I will be done in by then Would have been up since 4am, most probably heading back towards central myself
Lemming wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 03:21 pm 21st after Spirit we could walk via 137 and Relax to De Pizzabakkers on Haarlemmerdijk. From there we could do a crawl along Haarlemmerstraat back into the centre. I like 137 and don't think I've ever been in Relax so I'm very much up for that idea. On the other hand, it would involve quite a bit of walking for those with sore feet.

Thoughts?
Myself personally after Spirit will be taking a casual stroll up to Catch 33 to have a look at their menu and make a few purchases before catching up with you guys at either 137/Relax or down at 1eHulp/soundgarden or wherever you all might be or join me on a stroll to Catch 33 if you like
Trad wrote: Sat 23rd Mar 2024 11:22 pm Lemming,

A couple of suggestions.
Like Trads idea of settling down up the top end town after the Rum and Best Friends, I can crawl back to my hotel from there expect I will be flagging by then :lol:

Green Place for the meet around 12:30/1:00 on 21st is a good shout I will be around that area most of the morning maybe down at Bagheera for a bit
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D