Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2

I like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
86%
I don't like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
14%

Total votes: 251

greenking

Post by greenking »

i don't miss this shop out ever the food is simple but great
the staff are allway's helpfull every time i've been there
and the smoke never lets you down
a nice place to chill and even better if you a a floyd fan ...peace

Puff the stoner dragon

Post by Puff the stoner dragon »

lots of board games
great staff
great space cake
trike

Post by trike »

i love this shop! the budtenders are very friendly and the weed was amazing! the Buddhas sister was my favorite smoke of the trip - it was by far the smoothest, fruitiest and most crystalized buds i have ever seen. cant wait to post the closeup pics of this one! also tried the umma gumma and the toptits - funny name huh!? the umma gumma had a really nice flavor, but wasnt a big fan of the toptits - it was very nice weed - just not my type. the staff there made an effort to say hello and goodbye each visit which was nice.
I miss that place so much.
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

I spent quite a bit of time in this place on my last visit and gained friends as well. Erik, the budtender is a nice guy, but Rivka makes it the wonderful experience it is. One of the sweetest women I've ever met... I went there pretty much nightly the whole week and she even fed me food she had cooked and brought from home lol I swear if I were gay she would be the girl for me :wink:

I had Mothers Finest (rocked), Buddhas sister (also good) and the Double Trouble hash which kicked my (_[_).

2 thumbs way up for Pink Floyd... it's my fave in the dam, but who knows? Amnesia started out as my fave the first couple trips and I still love it there. The hot mint leaf tea is so good on a cold day mmmmmm I started making my own after arriving home.
echc1

i like the pink floyd

Post by echc1 »

the very best in my eyes friendliest staff,not over priced and by far the best atmosphere.....good honest smoke,great chilliburgers...just wish i had energy to get up the stairs but "mothers finest" did it again.....9.99/10
smoker_moby

Pink Floyds Weed!

Post by smoker_moby »

Was just wondering if anybody knew if by the time that beer weed permits come into law in april does any1 know if pink floyds are still going to be selling weed and hash?? I am going in april and really wanna know which place are going to sell weed! The last time i went to pink floyds i think i was the best shop i went to i was a dam virgin and the guy behind the bud counter really helped me in my smoking choices.Once recevied i was very happy and while was smoking was checked on by the guy that sold it to me to check if i was happy with my smoke!

Hope they dont stop selling if somecould update me on this i would be very grateful!

Cheers

Counting Down The Days 42 to go!
philly-Rich

Re: Pink Floyds Weed!

Post by philly-Rich »

smoker_moby wrote:Was just wondering if anybody knew if by the time that beer weed permits come into law in april does any1 know if pink floyds are still going to be selling weed and hash??
This law will not effect the Pink Floyd shop,as the don't sell beer,but they have been bought by Dampkring.What changes this brings no one is sure.
Paul from London

Post by Paul from London »

Bloody loved this place. After reading such rave reviews on this site I thought I'd make it my first stop on my one and a half day, one night trip and what an excellent choice it was too. E10 of Mothers Finest, very nice smoke and excellent nosh, what could be better. Thanks to all of you who've posted about this place, you were SO right. xx
BigRobb

Post by BigRobb »

Have they started changing this place yet? I'm over there in a couple of weeks and would like to see the old Floyd before it is changed.
Boom Boom...
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

BigRobb wrote:Have they started changing this place yet? I'm over there in a couple of weeks and would like to see the old Floyd before it is changed.
No, the work will not start for a few more weeks. When it does, expect to see "Dampkring Breakfast Bar". It will have lots of neon and be themed in green. For the English, the tea selection will be tops and they plan to have a Proper tea hour on Sundays I think. The upstairs rooms will also be redone with some surprises coming.

mh
BigRobb

Post by BigRobb »

Fantastic, thanks for the reply.

Earl Grey and a big juicy joint, what else could an Englishman ask for in Amsterdam? Well maybe a bowler hat and a copy of the Times... :D :D :D
Boom Boom...
hilian2

pink floyd

Post by hilian2 »

my fave band anyway so this shop is a must for me.
We found them friendly and loved the vibe in there its just a shame they close so early.
We bought some Jack herrer but it was only OK, but as long as you buy plenty of drinks (and we do) they don't mind you smoking your own in there.
A toke a day keeps the blues away - Hils xxx
jpmac

Pink Floyd

Post by jpmac »

Just visited this place when I was last over in Jan. Nice spot Umma gumma really hit the spot...Shame its gonna be changed hopefully not too much though. Don't really agree with these super Coffeeshop empires variety is the spice of life!
Ketlar

Post by Ketlar »

Double Trouble was possibly one of my favourite hashes on my last trip. Never ever seen any hash bubble like that
pan4gold49

Post by pan4gold49 »

The Pink Floyd what can I say our favorite Coffee shop of our trip. Fantistic people and good music cool budtenders.
Out the window a great view.
We got some gear she got Katama Gold........... I got Double Trouble Hash.
ImageImage
When I told them we were on our Honeymoon the budtender gave us this.
How cool I will add some more later