Dampkring

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dampkring

I like Dampkring
89%
I don't like Dampkring
11%

Total votes: 365

Marok21

Re: Dampkring

Post by Marok21 »

I took a look on their Niqa (14€/g), Sensabille (15€/g) and Mantequialla (12€/g). Sadly the Mantequialla hash didn´t looked so tempting to me as the last times and the Niqa, too so I went for the Sensabille which looked the best from the top moroccans on the menu.
I also asked the budtender for a advice from the cheaper import hashes. He showed me the Haza hash (10€/g) which I enjoyed the last time and the Tinar hash (10€/g) which I never tried before. I was looking more for an indica hash so I tried the Tinar because the budtender told me it´s more indica.

Sensabille hash (15€/g) - Dark brown colored harder piece of hash which needs a bit of hand warmth to get softer. Bubbles very strong when touched by the flame. Intense classic hashy taste. One of the most tasty oldschool hashes that I smoked over the last months 8) while it´s still far away from the best batches of the Sensabille years back but I really enjoyed the intense oldschool taste. Effect was relaxing and smooth to me.

Tinar hash (10€/g) - More blonde creamy hash. Didn´t smelled overly strong but natural to my nose. Bubbles decent when touched by the flame. Effect was relaxing but the hash was only average to me and can be found elsewhere maybe even cheaper.

Overall I really enjoyed the full taste of the Sensabille :mrgreen: but like said before still far away from the best batches from the past. The Tinar hash wasn´t something special :?

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Sensabille (15€/g) - New batch. Pretty dark sticky piece of hash that been sold in wax paper. It bubbled strong when touched by the flame. Smell was natural kind of earthy but not overly intense and reminded me a bit of some moroccan hashes from Coffeeshop Africa in Tilburg that I smoked in the past. Taste is good but sadly far away from the outstanding batches of Sensabille from the last years.
I prefered the batch from before because it tasted much more intense and nicer than this batch.

Haza (10€/g) - Also new batch. Blonde coloured moroccan hash which bubbles decent when touched by the flame. Pleasent natural smell and smooth to smoke. High is still more on the sativa side but to be honest I prefered also here the batch before... well it´s still good hash but nothing special.

I had a look on a few moroccan hashes on their menu and nothing really catched my eye while the Sensabille looked interesting but sadly wasn´t that good as it looked first :? . Usually Dampkring never dissapointed me in terms of moroccan hash but over the last months it seems like quality went down a bit. Maybe it´s because it´s get harder to find special "oldschool" type hash with all that newschool stuff around. Or they have some problems with their supplier atm...

I will check out some other places for quality "oldschool" hash on my next trip which I didn´t visited since longer time but I will still have an eye on Dampkrings hash menu :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes marok the ability to to find the sweet tasty old school is a problem these days I have been craving some this past while and I'm over in two weeks it is going to be my mission this time to look on the classic hash in all the shops I go to and try find some :mrgreen: the last visit I got some tasty old school from Cs Central. I forget the name but I know it was top of the menu and well priced at about €10.40 or something like that while it wasn't the strongest ever it tasted great . Thanks for the great reviews keep up the good work 👍
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

yea sensabille looked good but it lacks power and flavor

garypayton suprisingly good at 12 $ . They coulda asked 15$ for it easily and you wouldnt complain
Smelled a bunch of weed during the visit and most of it was pretty much the same as this just less loud
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 12th Feb 2023 04:22 pm Yes marok the ability to to find the sweet tasty old school is a problem these days I have been craving some this past while and I'm over in two weeks it is going to be my mission this time to look on the classic hash in all the shops I go to and try find some :mrgreen: the last visit I got some tasty old school from Cs Central. I forget the name but I know it was top of the menu and well priced at about €10.40 or something like that while it wasn't the strongest ever it tasted great . Thanks for the great reviews keep up the good work 👍
Yeah I really miss that sweet old school moroccan :cry: or personaly I really like that creamy moroccan made with paki/indian genetics which I couldn´t find anymore since longer time :cry:

Well I found some good stuff which reminds me of oldschool in terms of taste but something is still different to the best qualitys from years back. Sadly I forgot to visit Coffeeshop Central on my last trip for their moroccan that you mentioned but it´s still on my list. Thanks for that 8)
RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 19th Feb 2023 09:41 pm yea sensabille looked good but it lacks power and flavor
garypayton suprisingly good at 12 $ . They coulda asked 15$ for it easily and you wouldnt complain
Smelled a bunch of weed during the visit and most of it was pretty much the same as this just less loud
:? I was disappointed, too. Well it wasn´t bad hash but with 15€/g way overpriced and far away from it´s old quality :roll:
That Gary Payton sounds nice especially for the price :shock: I also heard some good things about their "Oldschool Haze" from locals but didn´t tried it myself yet.
--------------------------------------------
few weeks ago

Rifman Niqa (14€/g) - Dark creamy piece of hash which needs a bit of handwarmth to get soft. Bubbles very strong when touched by the flame. Good classic moroccan smell/taste which is like said before hard to find nowadays. Maybe not top quality compared to the moroccan hashes years ago but still decent quality and very enjoyable. Effect is relaxing and calming to me. Works fine after a stressful day at work :D

By the way the super friendly budtender told me that some of their hashes arrive pretty dry at the moment and he recommended me the Sensabille and Niqa as their best hashes atm from the moroccans which could be true.

I also tried a bit of their Sensabille (15€/g) again because it smelled/looked a bit different to the last time and yes I liked it more (taste was more instense) but still overpriced :?
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Dampkring dated 5 May 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Zbeebs

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Dampkri ... kring.html

kalima

Post by kalima »

wow 185 euros a gram !!!!!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kalima wrote: Tue 9th May 2023 11:03 am wow 185 euros a gram !!!!!
Yeah just madness :lol: I asked the budtender once about a similar priced concentrate and he argues that it´s really from Cali but personaly I would never spend so much money for 1g but there must be people that buy that stuff...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 months ago

Like I wrote before I was pretty disappointed by their traditional import hashes lately so I was happy to see that they upped their hash game lately. They had a filtered hash on the menu and a dry sift one as well that I had to try.

Dosidos filtered (15€/g) -
A blonde colored bit crumbly piece of resin. Smelled very natural and pleasant of the used genetics. Same for the taste. Bubbles very strong when touched by the flame. Effect was def. more on the indica side to me. Relaxing and got me really stoned :D

Dahab? Dry sift hash (13€/g) -
Sadly I am not sure anymore how the hash was called exactly :? but it smelled very hazy to me and at the same time very natural and pleasant, too. Really lekker clean smell that I didn´t smelled on other hashes so far :mrgreen: Also pretty tasty and smooth to smoke while still pretty strong in effect.

Overall nice quality new school hashes :mrgreen: Compared to many other filtered and drysift hashes these two impressed me especially with their natural clean smell/taste :mrgreen:

By the way there is a younger budtender working who really like the newschool hashes. I had several talks with him about that topic especially because it gets more and more difficult to find real high quality oldschool hash. He told me that he had talked to the owner that they have to add some newschool hashes to their menu as well.
Thanks to the budtender :mrgreen: well I would be still more happy to find some outstanding classic hash but these two were also kind of special especially the drysift one.

edit
The Sensabille was not on the menu anymore :( while I like it more when they put it of the menu than selling some lower quality under the same name.
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Back after a few years I tried Niqa at 14 classic hard and dark morocco, good smoke but similar things are available at 8 on canal side. Dahab to 15 newschool high quality , I liked it. Switching to green Old school haze at 14.5 buds airy and fluffy so nothing fancy. All in all this cs was much better years ago. :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Tue 18th Jul 2023 08:26 am All in all this cs was much better years ago.
Agreed :cry: Especially the quality of the moroccan hashes went down... now it´s nothing special anymore and also overpriced. While I think they simply have problems to get high quality moroccan "oldschool" hashes at the moment. In the past they had nearly every time something really nice on the menu which was hard to find anywhere else...
Now they added some newschool hashes to the menu because they find no special oldschool moroccan anymore. On the other hand I have to say that I really liked their Dahab and Dosidos hash that I tried the last time so not all is bad but I still hope that they get some fire oldschool hash again :D

The place itself is still pretty good in my opinion. Many coffeeshops changed to takeaway only over Corona and lost their charme. While Dampkring still feels like a real coffeeshop. I met many nice people from all over the world there and also on my last visits I had some nice conversations. That they borrow Roor Bongs is also a big plus for me as a mainly bong smoker :mrgreen:
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 23rd Jul 2023 04:11 pm
TransApenninesCouple wrote: Tue 18th Jul 2023 08:26 am All in all this cs was much better years ago.
Agreed :cry: Especially the quality of the moroccan hashes went down... now it´s nothing special anymore and also overpriced. While I think they simply have problems to get high quality moroccan "oldschool" hashes at the moment. In the past they had nearly every time something really nice on the menu which was hard to find anywhere else...
Now they added some newschool hashes to the menu because they find no special oldschool moroccan anymore. On the other hand I have to say that I really liked their Dahab and Dosidos hash that I tried the last time so not all is bad but I still hope that they get some fire oldschool hash again :D

The place itself is still pretty good in my opinion. Many coffeeshops changed to takeaway only over Corona and lost their charme. While Dampkring still feels like a real coffeeshop. I met many nice people from all over the world there and also on my last visits I had some nice conversations. That they borrow Roor Bongs is also a big plus for me as a mainly bong smoker :mrgreen:
True my friend, old school hash is running out I think, at least as far as high quality is concerned. Even my private source messed up, bubbles yes but it has no nerve, aromas of chocolate and coffee but that typical sativa tip is missing, in my opinion it is not the first keystroke. Similar to Niqa but a little less sticky. Unfortunately the new school is the way but it takes 20e/d at least..... maybe 30. :( :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Thu 3rd Aug 2023 06:38 pm True my friend, old school hash is running out I think, at least as far as high quality is concerned.
Yeah sadly :oops: :cry: while I still hoping to find some again one day :lol: I just remembered how I recently wanted to explain to a very young budtender at the Dampkring (who really likes the triple filter hashes) that there really was top quality oldschool hash around. He hadn't walked it off, but he must have thought to himself "let the old man talk" :lol:
TransApenninesCouple wrote: Thu 3rd Aug 2023 06:38 pm Even my private source messed up, bubbles yes but it has no nerve, aromas of chocolate and coffee but that typical sativa tip is missing, in my opinion it is not the first keystroke.
:? I've had similar experiences lately... most coffeeshops offer their best moroccan hash under the name "Beldia" now and I have to say the quality wasn´t bad most of the time. It bubbled good and was tasty but as you said something is missing it really could be the sativa note. Also some of the darker sticky caramello type of hashes that I tried lately were not bad but also here something is missing :?
TransApenninesCouple wrote: Thu 3rd Aug 2023 06:38 pm Unfortunately the new school is the way but it takes 20e/d at least..... maybe 30.
True :cry: :lol: while I still try to find "high quality" newschool that isn´t that expensive. Personaly I tried some hashes that were sold around 20-25€/g (like from Terps Army) but most of the time I wasn´t really impressed. Well maybe I just had bad luck with the batch because many guys told me how killer their hashes are...
I didn´t tried WPFF Ice hashes or Fresh Frozen hashes so far because the price puts me off :lol:

Even where I live is a lot of newschool hash around nowadays but honestly I don´t trust the product every time so I still like to get it from the coffeeshops like Solo that I frequented for years and which I trust.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Dampkring dated 29 August 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Cha

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Dampkri ... kring.html

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Dosidos (15€/g filtered) and Dhahab (15€/g dry sift) are still nice hashes of high quality. Well with 15€/g not really cheap but I think it's a pretty good price-performance ratio because I've often paid more for filtered hash and I wasn´t as happy with it...
Both taste very well and natural to me with strong effect. Dhahab is a bit more on the sativa side to me but taste/smell so "lekker" to me :D I like them both a lot :mrgreen:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

🤣🤣 No mate he doesn't get paid but if I owned a coffeeshop I'd pay him 😉